When I compare Lenovo (which made my current laptop (BM Thinkpad T60)) to MSI - which made the mother board of our server (Shana), which has been very reliable.....Feature for feature, MSI blows away Lenovo for the price point. I would note, that I have replaced the mother board in my T60 once, because one of the bridge chips is inadequately heat sunk and failed - the same symptoms I am experiencing again....similar to shaggy410's comment about HP's suicidal graphic chips....

Lenovo also is behind the curve on features. In particular to USB Type C ports - I have come to learn that these are in effect, the reincarnation of the PCI express port. There are quite a few adapters out there for this port. SO, if you what a computer that can live on usefully beyond its age, a USB Type C port is important to being able to add new interfaces to your machine.

While I have not yet made a final decision, I am leaning toward one of the MSI ME variant with a 15.6 inch screen portable workstation. Feature wise, Dell also falls short for the price point. Well, it has been nearly 10 years since I updated, so going for a higher end machine that I will keep for another 10 years is not excessive, all though I cannot justify a top end machine - the last 10% can cost 100% more :(