Hidden Content
I have been given the source of Kingfisher-anime and trying to fix a bug where it no longer downloads the image but it shows the image, I have also re branded it this was the agreement of me and the source owner, kingfisher-anime is dead, he no longer as the need or will to continue it.

But I been reading the site is able to have search returns what are hidden to the browser, is this the same limit to the API or do I have to add something to the API call to make sure hidden replies are not returned.

I can't say if and when I will release as there is a lot of code fixing it's old code he's never commented or it kept clean, but from what I can tell in the code he's just doing a normal call to the API and returning everything.

But I don't want to waste calls on hidden/banned/deleted content.

Tod
Have we not got admins on this that can confirm this or not? I guess I could just test it by pulling a hidden tag, how do I know what tags to use to test this?
TodMixson said:
Have we not got admins on this that can confirm this or not? I guess I could just test it by pulling a hidden tag, how do I know what tags to use to test this?
loli is a banned content on konachan, but there's still hidden pictures tagged with it, maybe, you can try with that one.
I didn't know what you were talking about, so I requested someone else help you. But I guess no one did.
I will have to try when it comes to making sure it all works, been having a few other problems at the moment as I know the images have comments at times but it seems comments can't be checked in the first post call or I can't see it been included in the call but Danbooru did.

I don't want to make two calls on the single search so I think I will leave comments out tho that's little sad as it would of been a nice option to include :)

It's taken me about 6 hrs to fix small bugs in bad coding lol but I wouldn't of been able to make it from scratch so it's all fun.

Shizko said:
loli is a banned content on konachan, but there's still hidden pictures tagged with it, maybe, you can try with that one.
I clicked that link and it showed loads of images so I not sure how there hidden or not banned unless I am missing something, but I can sort that our later I still trying to research on how to use this api

The source i have has things like has_comments and things like that but I have seen this was for a older platform, so now I am lost, I think a lot of the code is un-needed now.
Explicit loli is banned. Furry and yaoi is also banned. And gore.

Also no double posting within 24 hours, plz.
otaku_emmy said:
Explicit loli is banned. Furry and yaoi is also banned. And gore.

Also no double posting within 24 hours, plz.
It was commenting to two different things, so to me it wasn't double anything, but if that is the rule here to have it all in one comment I remember that from now on.
I know. It's just a rule we have. I think it's to keep the same people from bumping forums by themselves all day or something. To prevent spam.
Deleted posts are excluded from search results except for the following:
  • API calls
  • Searches that use the id: meta tag
Posts tagged loli that are rated Explicit are treated similarly to blacklisted posts. They do not appear in the results, but they are removed after the search is performed so this affects the number of results returned. On the .net site (the safe version of the site), any posts not rated Safe are treated this way as well. However, these are site specific modifications to the code and were never applied to the API.
Zolxys said:
Deleted posts are excluded from search results except for the following:
  • API calls
  • Searches that use the id: meta tag
Posts tagged loli that are rated Explicit are treated similarly to blacklisted posts. They do not appear in the results, but they are removed after the search is performed so this affects the number of results returned. On the .net site (the safe version of the site), any posts not rated Safe are treated this way as well. However, these are site specific modifications to the code and were never applied to the API.
Thanks Zolxys I guess I learn the APIs pros and cons over the site in time.