"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all"
White Rabbit, Jefferson Airplane
otaku_emmy said:
White Rabbit, Jefferson Airplane
That is a wonderful quote! ... and moves me to expand on the topic of Alice in Wonderland and how deeply it has influenced modern culture:

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill ...the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill ...you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."
Morpheus - The Matrix
"Mochi- MOE-chi is a round traditional Asian ice cream-filled 'nugget' of goodness. There is a bit of a gummy layer on the outside. Flavors often include green tea..."
Some dumb asshole on YouTube who doesn't actually know what mochi is
Asshole? Really? More like pathetic if the context behind their comment was for them to feel superior
mattiasc02 said:
Asshole? Really? More like pathetic if the context behind their comment was for them to feel superior
It totally was, because the person speaking in the video said they didn't know what mochi was and then someone made the above comment.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people talking about things like they know about them when the information they're giving is totally wrong.

Another example would be someone talking about the Great Hanshin Earthquake recently, saying it was an 8.0 magnitude (it was 6.9) and saying hundreds of people died (6,434 people died).

It gets on my delicate nerves oh so badly.
*mocks you* REEEEEEEEE!!!!

I'm sorry I understand your perspective, I just starting laughing because in my perspective the word "asshole" is like something u say to someone when they make u 200% mad. And personally I wouldn't get mad at such a thing so I laughed. I'd probably add a comment and be like "bishh ur so wrong lemme give you actual FACTS" and then say it.

And yeah I know that it's one of ur pet peeves, sweet Emilia

Mod Edit:
mattiasc02 said:
“Rothstein reputedly rigged most of the games that led to his winnings, and he perpetuated that idea by quipping that he’d bet on anything but the weather, since he couldn't control it.”
From some article
mattiasc02 said:
I just starting laughing because in my perspective the word "asshole" is like something u say to someone when they make u 200% mad. And personally I wouldn't get mad at such a thing so I laughed. I'd probably add a comment and be like "bishh ur so wrong lemme give you actual FACTS" and then say it.
I originally wrote "cunt" in my first iteration of the post, but I felt it was too mean.

And I did correct them. I don't mind taking the time to try and educate misinformed people.
otaku_emmy said:
I originally wrote "cunt" in my first iteration of the post, but I felt it was too mean.
Oooooh, you're so naughty Emmy chan, you said "cunt" I think I'm falling in love with you (just kidding) LOL

I wish I had the courage to say cunt on an open forum but I'm ashamed to say I'm to damn fucking cuntingly polite (but being able to say cunt is so damn fucking liberating ... hold my hand, I'm a stranger in paradise)

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Lao Tzu
otaku_emmy said:

And I did correct them. I don't mind taking the time to try and educate misinformed people.
Haha godamn girl XD. And yeah when I know sum or feel like offering my perspective I do it too.

“Hold my hand, I'm a stranger in paradise”
eclimial (I assume)

And I fucking love that quote u posted by Lao Tzu. I never heard of it or him but I really like it.
mattiasc02 said:

And I fucking love that quote u posted by Lao Tzu. I never heard of it or him but I really like it.
Lao Tzu was a brilliant ancient Chinese philosopher, who, I think, lived in 4th century. He wrote the book Tao Te Ching from which that quote was taken. He is also credited as one of the founders of Taoism.

Another wonderful one:

“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”
Lao Tzu

Hold my hand, I'm a Stranger In Paradise
Sadly, not one of mine (god I wish it was) It is from a 1953 song by Robert Wright and George Forrest.
“I want to lead an important life. I want to do it because I was born a human being.”
Eiji Yoshikawa - Musashi
“Thank you mattias good luck”
Someone ☘️
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack."
Ferdinand Foch
“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know.

You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.

So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact

and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.

And never mix up your right foot with your left.”
Dr. Seuss
Above all, don’t wish
To become a future Buddha;
Your only concern should be,
As thought follows thought,
To avoid clinging to any of them.
-Dogen
"Remember: It costs nothing to encourage an artist, and the potential benefits are staggering.

A pat on the back to an artist now could one day result in your favorite film, or the anime you love to get stoned watching, or the song that saves your life.

Discourage an artist, you get absolutely nothing in return, ever.”
Kevin Smith, from - Tough Shit: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good
I love that quote eclimial

Birds can fly at any time. Don't think they never can.
Myself
Unless they're flightless birds or the weather is really bad or they're injured.
Me just now
You don't have to be so mean to birds meanie!
Me (waits patiently for Emmy to clap back with triggeredness due to my quote disregarding the validity of facts)
Remember what they took from you.
Anonymous
I just need some dick
I just need some love
Tired of fucking with these lame niggas baby
I just need a thug
excerpt from the song "girls need love"
I like how the title of that song is "Girls Need Love" when it's basically about her wanting to get fucked.
"The ultimate failure is not learning from your failure"
Chris Broad - '6 lessons I learned living in Japan'
eclimial said:
Chris Broad - '6 lessons I learned living in Japan'
I LOVE HIS CHANNEL!
otaku_emmy said:
I LOVE HIS CHANNEL!
Me too, I found watching his videos so informative and helpful before my visit to Japan, and he is often very funny. A great sense of humor is a teachers greatest gift. I love this guy!
I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me.
Bettie Page
If US elections could change anything they wouldn't be held.
— Neil Clark

When the Founding Fathers talked about democracy they did indeed mean, doubtless, the government of the people, by the people, for the people. But they meant the government of the people they knew, by the people they knew, for the people they knew.
— G. K. Chesterton
You have enemies? That is good.

It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.'
Winston Churchill
"Be sure thy sin will find thee out."
Agatha Christie, And Then There Were None
“Is someone different at age 18 or 60?

No, I believe that at any age, one stays the same.”
Hayao Miyazaki