"Men are trash, but I identify as one...
Some...strange, kind of trainwreck-y FM trans person on Instagram doing slam poetry that I came across
They reckon a man is in in control of his own destiny
The decisions he makes along the way determine his fate ... Bullshit!

It's a lottery.

If you live a saintly life you're just as likely to get hit by a runaway train as much as if you're a real evil bastard.

Fuck, that's all it is. There is no master plan, it's just luck! Sometimes you land on black, sometimes you don't. You can't win them all

Just have another drink, another spin on the roulette wheel, hope for the best!
Les 'Squizy' Taylor (Australian Gangland leader, born 1888 - shot to death in gunfight 1927)
eclimial, I reply to your post with these two quotes.

Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Men do not shape destiny. Destiny produces the man for the hour.
Fidel Castro
Kiho said:

Luck often enough, will save a man

Men do not shape destiny. Destiny produces the man for the hour.
I really like that Kiho, thank you. It presents a really interesting philosophical enigma.

I simply can't quite get my my mind around 'luck verses destiny'.

Does luck shape destiny? or is destiny shaped by luck? It's sort of like asking 'what is the meaning of life?, it's such a huge question!

I do, however take comfort from this:

“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

(that for me negates a spiritual interpretation of fate, in other words we make our own destiny by making intelligent or bad choices .. but luck! well... if we choose to gamble on our future ...it's a roll of the dice, and out of our control, then fate may come into play)
Eclimial, you change the meaning when you drop the second half of the quote:

Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold.

"....if his courage hold.", There must first be a man worthy of destiny before destiny will produce the man of the hour. Often times, there is not...
Kiho said:
Eclimial, you change the meaning when you drop the second half of the quote:.
Kiho, I meant no offence. Nor was I attempting to misconstrue. I was simply making reference to your quotes and condensing and paraphrasing them for the sake of avoiding needless repetition.

Surely our members on Konachan are smart enough to realize, if they are interested enough to follow the conversation they will scroll up and read your original comments ... . Why are you assuming our community are so slow to understand?.

My God, I was being nice to you and complimenting you on your remarks, why are you being so obtuse?

I respected your responses and all you do is pull apart my reply with meaningless nothingness, offering no reasonable argument to what I thought was a fascinating, philosophical discussion. :(

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
(On growing older and reflections of the past)

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener, The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter, The nights of wonder

The dawn mist glowing, The water flowing
The endless river

For ever and ever ...
Pink Floyd - High Hopes
"When the flower blossoms, the bee will come."
Srikumar Rao
“You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares.

You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not.

See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”
Carl Sagan, Contact
“Don't be discouraged by people who try to discourage your dreams. What you have in your heart is bigger than what they have on their lips!”
Israelmore Ayivor
"People they come together
People they fall apart
No one can stop us now
Cuz we are all made of stars"
Moby
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
Oscar Wilde
“I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for your friends, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life together.”
Jon Katz
Maybe I stare at the sky because it’s the only thing in front of me that seems to not have a visable endpoint.
Muah
"What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others."
Diogenes
“No truth can cure the sorrow we feel from losing a loved one.

No truth, no sincerity, no strength, no kindness can cure that kind of sorrow.

All we can do is see it through to the end and learn something from it and live on.”
Haruki Murakami
I am sorry to report this, sir
It seems our armies are just food for her
There won't be much left when she's done
Nature rules again 'cause we will be gone

Hello mankind, you must understand
Here comes your final punishment
Mother nature invoked a fatal child
Her name is Onyx and she won't be mild
Peter Spilles
"Good enough is good enough."

and

"The best you can is good enough."
“My own opinion is good enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time.

And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ass.”
Christopher Hitchens

“The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex, and picnics.”
Christopher Hitchens
“Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone - and finding that that's ok with them.”
Alain de Botton
"Ugly women are the best at sex."
Headline of a spam email I received. It was emboldened like that as well.
Won't you follow me into the jungle?

Ain't no God on my streets in the heart of the jungle

So will you follow me into the jungle?
X Ambassadors
You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special
Creep, Radiohead
"Many will say the law is about punishing bad people.

.. but firstly I believe the law is more about protecting good people"
Eclair - Kiddy Grade
eclimial said:
"Your friends may be a good support system if he or she (the psychopath) hasn’t already poisoned them against you."

"In some cases, as rare as it may be, if your relationship has been a fringe-relationship, and they do not feel as though your existence will be a threat to their ongoing manipulation of others, they may simply let you fade into the shadows and ultimately disappear."
Vivek Prajapati
"I have come to regard November as the older, harder man's October. I appreciate the early darkness and cooler temperatures. It puts my mind in a different place than October. It is a month for a quieter, slightly more subdued celebration of summer's death as winter tightens its grip."

"Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better."
Henry Rollins
“It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct.”
Professor Michio Kaku - Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension
“Stay away from conflictive, negative people that pull you down, because they contaminate your energy and impede your progress.

Search for people who look at the world with optimism, that inspire you, make you happy and provide peace of mind.”
Pablo - La Tablada
"If you consume me I will not let you go
If you walk right through me
My voice will taint your throat
Blessed be, blessed be the wrong I've done"
El Ciervo Vulnerado, The Mars Volta
“I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating.

I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.”
Henry David Thoreau