“To be born means being compelled to choose an era, a place, a life. To exist here and now, means the loss of the possibility of being countless other potential selves.

Yet once being born there is no turning back. And I think that's exactly why the fantasy worlds of cartoon movies so strongly represent our hopes and yearnings..”
Hayao Miyazaki, Starting Point
Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those doing it." "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches

( https://whatstatus.co/non-veg-jokes ) By Me!!!
There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need!
Lennon/McCartney
"japan is so rare..."
A YouTube comment
“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
J.K. Rowling

“I like cheese.”
Joanne Levy

(weirdly, these two quotes seem to me to be somehow strangely inter-connected)
Wife: Honey, do you realize that all our friends are having children right now. Do you know what that means?

Husband: It means we need new friends!

Wife: EXACTLY!
Strange Humor
"A true king is neither husband nor father; he considers his throne and nothing else."
Pierre Corneille
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
Marilyn Monroe
“Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special!

How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously? ”
Bill Watterson, The Essential Calvin and Hobbes
“And he said that he wasn’t going to get jealous if I was talking to a bunch of guys (at a party), as long as he was the one I was leaving the party with. He was confident and secure and that was damned sexy. That one was a keeper.”
Donna Currie, some stranger from Quora
eclimial said:

Bill Watterson, The Essential Calvin and Hobbes
*ahem*

"It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss

Real Christmas isn't about the presents or the glazed ham on your table, after all. Though many try to make it so, the true heart of Christmas doesn't lie in worldly fleeting delights.
“Happy, happy is Christmas, it can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; it can recall to the old man and women the pleasures of their youth; it can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to their own fire-side and their quiet home!”

Charles Dickens
I'm gonna pull a Mattias and quote a short exchange my mom and I had.

This was just after I showered and put on my perfume this morning; also keep in mind we speak like rednecks:

Mom: Whoo! Smell like grandmaw.

Me: Nuh uh! This is Nicki Minaj! This what Nicki Minaj smell like!
I thought it was really funny so I wanted to write it down.

My mom was also "singing" Jungle Bell Rock in the car the other night and for some reason she accidentally said "giddy up dingle borse pick up your feet". I poked fun at her for that one too. XD
“I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from"
Spike Speigel - Cowboy Bebop

(If you have never watched Cowboy Bebob, your missing out on one the greatest anime series ever made, it's in my top 5)

Cowboy Bebop ep 01
“How odd that we spend so much time fearing the darkness, and so little time seeking the light.

The ego loves to glorify itself by self-analysis, yet we do not get rid of darkness by hitting it with a baseball bat. We only get rid of darkness by turning on the light.”
Marianne Williamson, Tears to Triumph: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment
Tom: "He poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!"

Protesters: "He did?"

Tom: "No, but are we just going to wait around until he does?!"
SpongeBob SquarePants, Season 2, Episode 23b
People who aspire to supermanhood are bound to look monstrous, to men of a decaying civilization.
Savitri Devi
“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up that thing that weighs you down.”
Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
"As long as the shackles of wealth and property bind us, we will remain accursed forever and never attain the altar of humanity, which is life's ultimate goal."
Munshi Premchand
“Don't let the bastards bring you down.”
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"When your mom gives you $5 to buy something from the grocery store"
Melissa A, a youtube commenter. video
“If you're reading this...
Congratulations, you're still alive.

If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is.”
Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head
"What did you get for your birthday? Angry?"
Jenna Marbles
“I hope that in this year to come, we all make mistakes.

Because if we are making mistakes, then we are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something extraordinary..

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”
Neil Gaiman

Happy new year to all my friends on Konachan!

Luv
Al
May all that is bad remain in this year, as we move to the new year - Happy New Years to all!
“There is a crack in everything.

That's how the light gets in.”
Leonard Cohen
"Nothing hurts worse than being nothing."
Story of Nothing!, The Aquabats!
“Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

There is nothing intelligent about war”
Groucho Marx
"We don't care if you are Christian, Moslim, Hindi, Buddhist, Atheist, black, white, Asian, female, male, gay or straight

What we care most passionately about is your opinion and your right to express it!

This forum stands true and strong to our ideals, we congratulate you!
Anonymous ... we are legion! For we are many.
What a contradictory quote.