Tensa said:
What a contradictory quote.
+2 to logical reasoning.
“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice.

Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you what you are. Choose wisely.”
Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
"Ride the lightning."

or

"Ride the tiger."
I like the lightning one more.
otaku_emmy said:
I like the lightning one more.
I totally agree with that, Jack Black the American actor said about the English guitarist, Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin

"He stole the lightning from the heavens and made it his own"
eclimial said:
"when he eat the cookie he got good form"
Nicki Minaj
True rejection is when your hand falls asleep while you are jerking off.
Strange humor website
Kiho said:

True rejection is when your hand falls asleep while you are jerking off.
That was so funny. I fell off my chair, and it interrupted my jerking off ... that was not the quote of the day, it was the quote of the year LOL!!!
“If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards!”
Terry Pratchet, RIngworld
"I think you still love me, but we can’t escape the fact that I’m not enough for you. I somehow knew as I'm a man this was going to happen.

So I’m not blaming you for falling in love with a woman. I’m not angry, either. I should be, but I’m not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong.”
Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun
"And in the end, the love you take
is equal to the love you make"
Paul McCartney
“There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.”
Jared Padalecki
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
Anton Chekhov
“It's when you're naked that I'm at my most vulnerable.”
Anthony T. Hincks
"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."
Hedy Lamarr
“If you find yourself in a hole, just stop digging.”
William Rogers - The first law of holes.

(The first law of holes, or the law of holes, is an adage which states that "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging". Digging a hole makes it deeper and therefore harder to get back out, which is used as a metaphor that when in an untenable position, it is best to stop carrying on and exacerbating the situation.)
American men, as a group, seem to be interested in only two things, money and breasts. It seems a very narrow outlook.
Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler, Inventor of Spread Spectrum Technology and a early pioneer in wireless communication. aka
"I don't fear death because I don't fear anything I don't understand. When I start to think about it, I order a massage and it goes away."

"The ladder of success in Hollywood is usually a press agent, actor, director, producer, leading man; and you are a star if you sleep with each of them in that order. Crude, but true."

"I would tell anyone who wants something from someone else to feign not wanting it. People are perverse. If you show great affection to them, they'll run the other way."
Hedy Lamarr was a real peach.
"The ladder of success in Hollywood is usually a press agent, actor, director, producer, leading man; and you are a star if you sleep with each of them in that order. Crude, but true."
Spoken over half a century before #metoo. Well, that avenue to success is now closed.....meh
"She had already allowed her delectable lover to pluck that flower which, so different from the rose to which it is nevertheless sometimes compared, has not the same faculty of being reborn each spring."
Marquis de Sade
“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.”
Winston Churchill

(And he did exactly that)
Eclimial, perhaps British history has been kind to Winston Churchill, but not that of much of the third world where he was considered an abject imperialist, Not in Syria, not in Iraq, not in Iran...where he plotted with the US to overthrow the democratically elected government and install the Shah and Not India.....where he is held responsible for the genocide of millions of people. He had utter contempt for the Indian people. He also betrayed the Polish people and agreed to the forced repatriation of over 2 million East Europeans to what was Soviet controlled East Europe after WWII.
Kiho said:
Eclimial, perhaps British history has been kind to Winston Churchill, but not that of much of the third world where he was considered an abject imperialist, Not in Syria, not in Iraq, not in Iran...where he plotted with the US to overthrow the democratically elected government and install the Shah and Not India.....where he is held responsible for the genocide of millions of people. He had utter contempt for the Indian people. He also betrayed the Polish people and agreed to the forced repatriation of over 2 million East Europeans to what was Soviet controlled East Europe after WWII.
I think you misunderstand me Kiho, I'm not saying Churchill was a good or bad man, that's irrelevant, I'm merely quoting him. That's what this thread is all about.

He said he will write history, and for better or worse, he certainly did. My post was not based on my personal opinion of the man.

These quotes are simply based on observation and the profoundness of what a certain person said.

If you, for example quoted Stalin, that's your choice, I wouldn't argue, I would move on and post another thought provoking quote. And not necessarily related to a previous quote

Something like:

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
Eclimial said:
(And he did exactly that)
I was responding to what you said ^^, not to what Churchill said.
Kiho said:
Eclimial said:
I was responding to what you said ^^, not to what Churchill said.
So what's the argument my dear friend? Churchill wrote history, so did Gandhi, so did Hitler, so did Stalin, so did Genghis Khan, so did Helen of Troy, so did Constantine and so did Charles Darwin.

All I'm saying is that Churchill's statement was valid, this has come down to matter of semantics. He did indeed write history, in spite of his faults he led the free world on a war against Fascism, he did do some unsavory things but he changed our world and did write himself into history and his statement was true.

Isn't that the prototype for a person, evil or otherwise who wrote history?

I do agree with you Kiho, Churchill did some bad stuff, but, some good stuff also, my point is, he is a historic character as he profetised he would be.

Hence my comment (And he did exactly that)
"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."
H. P. Lovecraft
“Even as a child I remember thinking, She can beat me, but she cannot beat my outfit.“
Rihanna
"I will always love you more than you hate yourself."
Emily original
“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people are suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”
Rita Mae Brown