A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.
Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili

• I've always considered Christ to be one of the greatest revolutionaries in the history of humanity.
  • A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.
  • Men do not shape destiny. Destiny produces the man for the hour.
  • A large percentage of those living in developed societies are told what brand of soda they should drink, what cigarettes they should smoke, what clothes and shoes they should wear, what they should eat and what brand of food they should buy. Their political ideas are supplied in the same way. Every year a trillion dollars is spent on advertising.
Fidel Castro
Never tell your problems to anyone... 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.
Lou Holtz
That is a sports quote ^^^ - (My wife never wears any kind of support for knees or elbows, wrists etc on a competition because often an opponent will deliberately attack that limb) Lou Holtz is often quoted on martial arts blogs.

• Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
  • Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
  • It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
Lou Holtz (former American football player, coach, and analyst.)
You can do magic
You can have anything that you desire
You can do magic and you know
You're the one who can put out the fire

You know darn well
When you cast your spell you will get your way
When you hypnotize with your eyes
A heart of stone can turn to clay
Russ Ballard
Finding someone who's willing to drown with you creates a situation where you no longer want to drown.
Marilyn Manson
Get busy living
Or get busy dying
Andy Dufresne - (From Stephen Kings, The Shawshank Redemption)

Being headstrong can be destructive, but
It can also be an attribute, if used in the proper way
My advice is to open your mind to the right people
You are young, and the road is long.
Joseph (Joe) Bastianich
The blood of your fathers has turned to water in your veins. Not your lot is it to be strong as they were. Having tasted neither life’s sorrows nor it’s joy, like a sickling you look at life through a glass. Your skin will shrivel, your muscles grow weak, tedium will devour your flesh destroying desire. Thought will congeal in your skull and horror will stare at you from the mirror. Overcome yourself, overcome yourself. I tremble, I seethe, I clench, I seize the haul.
Yuri Vlasov
Ooo. That one's really good, Cade.

The time the moon is going back, the blood that is in a person does be weakening, but when the moon is strong, the blood that moves strong in the same way. And it to be at the full, it drags the wits along with it, the same as it drags the tide.
Lady Gregory
“If I paid 20 godamn dollars, I better eat 20 godamn dollars.”
My cuzzo XD. I love her
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
– Socrates

“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
- Steve Prefontaine
I'm leaving Japan tomorrow and returning to Australia, as I was packing this quote came to my mind:

“I thought I was stronger than a word, but I just discovered that having to say 'goodbye' to you is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.”
Colleen Hoover
The13th warrior generated many thoughtful statements. hardly a spoken word of dialog, in the film was wasted.

• Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold.
  • Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.
  • Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.
  • (Ahmed has killed a 'beast') It's all right, little brother... there are more!
  • Deception is the point! Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it since we arrived. Now he has to calculate what he can't see.
  • 'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. 'Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla... Where the brave... May live...forever.
Upton Sinclair: (Author of: "The Jungle")
"I aimed at the public's heart, and by accident I hit it in the stomach."
"The Jungle", written in 1906 was intended to promote workers rights, but instead resulted in creating the FDA and the "Meat Inspection Act".
People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.
From "To Kill a Mockingbird"

We had to read that in highschool.
> I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love.

> To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

> Art is the tree of life. Science is the tree of death.

> He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.

> Man has no Body distinct from his Soul; for that called Body is a portion of Soul discerned by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.

> Every harlot was a virgin once.

> If a thing loves, it is infinite.
Some choice snippets of William Blake.
Cade said:
“Don’t taint our forums with your Montreal language
I was looking back at the comments and couldn’t help but put this here. I remember I laughed my ass of when I read that one.
mongrel
Robert The Bruce

Time to eat all your words
Swallow your pride
Open your eyes!
Tears for Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love
This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late parrot! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies! It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-parrot!
otaku_emmy said:
This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be!
LOL :) Classic Monty Python, I love it ... here's another one:

Banker to a client asking for a loan

“I’m glad to say we’ve got the go-ahead to lend you the money you required…

We will, of course, need, for security, the deed to your house, the deed to your aunt’s house, your wife’s parents’ house, and of your granny’s bungalow.

And we will in addition need a controlling interest in the stock of your new company, unrestricted access to your private bank accounts, the deposit of your three children in our vaults as hostages, and a full legal indemnity in case of any embezzlement carried out against you by members of our staff during the normal course of their duties.”
Monty Python
I have to honestly say that everything is worth it. The hard work, the times when you’re tired, the times when you’re a bit sad, the good moments when you’re on stage, performing in front of thousands of ppl, in the end is all worth it. It makes me really happy. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else in the world. Right now it’s hard what I want my legacy to be. You know, what I want ppl to say when I’m long gone, is as a full-on entertainer , and a good person.
Aaliyah
Being brave isn't the absence of fear.
Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.
Bear Grylls
“To die will be an awfully big adventure.”
J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
Albert Einstein

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
C.S. Lewis
Why choose the lesser of two evils when you can choose Cthulhu.
"Paraphrased" from Homer's Odyssey
The journey finally begins to seek out and awaken the "me" that I'm sure lived long ago. And your world is far bigger than what you read about in the history books.

That sensation reverberating up from beneath your sneakers is the history lying beneath the asphalt. As I travel from the present to the past, will I finally meet myself? Yes, my future self will find me, so I'll wait here a while for him.

We travel westwards, wandering hoodlums who think we're samurai.

The souls accompanying us drift up to the sky. And if we flap our wings we can also fly.
Azuma Riki ... (Translated from the original Japanese)
I don't need google, my wife knows everything.
From a t-shirt
“Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.”
Billy Sunday
I agree. Stop preaching tolerance and go on a Crusade.
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
Socrates
Though I doubt I'm gonna, you can wake me up if you wanna.
"Hey Moon", John Maus
“Censorship feeds the dirty mind much more than a fucking four-letter word.”
Richard Cavett