Lol this quote helped me a lot
Eyes wide open
Endless possibilities
Something beyond what is real
A future to far to see.
Come journey back to me,
Come journey back to me
Teri Richardson

One of the most inspirational songs I have ever heard ...please be be encouraged, I can't hold back my tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPY4k5P_bAQ
Brevity is the soul of wit.
William Shakespeare
“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world:

someone to love,

something to do,

and something to hope for.”
Tom Bodett
"I'd rather be partly great than entirely useless.”
Neal Shusterman, Unwind
"We'd put in at Fortaleza, and a few of us had lines out for a bit of idle fishing. It was me had the first strike. A shark it was. Then there was another, and another shark again, 'till all about, the sea was made of sharks and more sharks still, and no water at all. My shark had torn himself from the hook, and the scent, or maybe the stain it was, and him bleeding his life away drove the rest of them mad. Then the beasts took to eating each other. In their frenzy, they ate at themselves. You could feel the lust of murder like a wind stinging your eyes, and you could smell the death, reeking up out of the sea. I never saw anything worse... until this little picnic tonight. And you know, there wasn't one of them sharks in the whole crazy pack that survived."
Michael O'Hara (as portrayed by Orson Welles), "The Lady from Shanghai"
“The new Western fans of Japan won’t be Orientalists, but they will fully understand anime.”
Morinosuke Kawaguchi
I gotta let my spirit be free
To admit that I'm wrong
And then change my mind

Sorry but I have to move on
And leave you behind

I can't waste time so give it a moment
I realize nothing's broken
No need to worry about everything I've done
Live every second like it was my last one

Don't look back, got a new direction
I loved you once, needed protection
You're still a part of everything I do
You're on my heart just like a tattoo
Song lyrics to Jordin Sparks - Tattoo

Like honestly when I listen to this song, especially these specific lyrics, it's like... I imagine my future self doing all these great things, and then my mind stopping for a moment reminding myself of him, and then I make a fuzzy smile and get sentimental, and then I shrug it off and continue on.
In dedication to ex military disabled personnel who served not only their countries in war but re-invented their lives as sportsmen and women.

The Invictus games closing ceremony Sydney 2018 was held tonight

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
Invictus - William Ernest Henley
Linguistically, this difference is in just one word, both in Russian and in English: Russia is preparing for war, and the US is preparing a war."
Andrei Belousov,
Don't let the tooth fairy steal your child's stem cells!
A banner ad on YouTube I saw today
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had!

I find it hard to tell you 'cause I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very mad world
Roland Orzabal - Tears For Fears
“Maybe not today, Maybe not tomorrow. But somewhere down the line, there has to be a light.”
Dana Johnson
The light at the end of the tunnel is just the light of an oncoming train.
Robert Lowell
“Life belongs to optimists. Pessimists are just viewers. Making it real, starts with our attitude.”
Cathy Burnham Martin, The Bimbo Has Brains: And Other Freaky Facts
A pessimist is an optimist with experience.
- google quotes

Pessimist: It could not get worse.
Optimist: Oh yes it can!
- Timeless Russian proverb - (Pessimism is in the blood).

The man who is a pessimist before forty-eight knows too much; if he is an optimist after it he knows too little.

Optimist: Day-dreamer more elegantly spelled.
Mark Twain

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
Chauncey Depew (American Industrialist and Politician, 1834-1928)
Pessimism never won any battle.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
- John Wooden

Everything great was accomplished by fools who dreamed.
- Emily Dana

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Winston Churchill

++++++

Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.
- Noam Chomsky
"I began to realize how simple life could be if one had a regular routine to follow with fixed hours, a fixed salary, and very little original thinking to do."
Roald Dahl
“Last time I saw my cat, she was peeking out from one of the bookcases next to the fireplace.

She's the first cat I've ever seen trying to pretend she's a condensed version of War and Peace.”
Ellen Hart, Hallowed Murder
What do you gift to a bride that is making a bad mistake.....luggage monogrammed with her maiden name.
My mother-in-law ;)
“One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.”
Shannon L. Alder
“It was my job to pretend my heart wasn’t being staked and held over a fire to make me suffer.”
Anonymous
"The bleeding hearts and the artists
Make their stand

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall ... after all it's not easy ...

... banging your head against some mad buggers
Wall"
Pink Floyd - The Wall

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control

No dark sarcasm in the classroom
TEACHERS! ... leave them kids alone

All in all your just another brick in wall!
Pink Floyd - The Wall

As a retired teacher I learned so much from the above mentioned words. In junior and infant school we all to often dismiss gifted young artistic students in favor of the academic and sports people, and make potential artists subject to bullies ... for to many years we have ridiculed and shamed the potential young creative and artistic minds, it's time to change!
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."
Jessica Rabbit
eclimial said:
As a retired teacher I learned so much from the above mentioned words. In junior and infant school we all to often dismiss gifted young artistic students in favor of the academic and sports people, and make potential artists subject to bullies ... for to many years we have ridiculed and shamed the potential young creative and artistic minds, it's time to change!
The problem with bullies in schools is more that schools and teachers would prefer to turn a blind eye, victims are afraid, embarrassed and intimidated into suffering it. And what to do with the bully?
Kiho said:
The problem with bullies in schools is more that schools and teachers would prefer to turn a blind eye, victims are afraid, embarrassed and intimidated into suffering it. And what to do with the bully?
That is a brilliant point and I agree, in particular "what to do with the bully?"

Should we put electrodes in their balls? ... NO ... It comes down to their parents and teachers, who are the ultimate bullies, they refuse to acknowledge their own prejudice, ignorance, cowardliness and failure to act on injustice and then pass it on to their children and students. The young bully is nurtured by so much negativity it's impossible for them to escape, they are as much the victims as the ones they pick on.

Education starts from the top, it's not the kids that need re-education, it's the parents and teachers. We need to grow positive attitudes and make our kids more aware of the implications of their nastiness

As Lynette Mather said

“What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?”
"Sometimes I think that the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want."
Ryan Gosling
“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.”
Linda Grayson
"Love doesn't fizzle out over time. It fizzles because the other person doesn't work on the relationship as much as the other."
someone on internet
“Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.”
William Shakespeare, Henry IV