DText tests
For everyone who is new to DText, experiment. Get to know it all. That's what this is for. Learning the things you can do with DText.

Fly, my little birds. Fly until you drop dead and become part of the circle of life by letting others feast on your flesh.
Hi
100-quoteceptiontest

Conclusion: Don't do it.
Testing what happens when you add a title to an edited forum post
Sample text

Conclusion: It went better than expected.

Side note:
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I broke it :I
The post above this one was actually 1 million quotes.
The text didn't even render anymore. (Kona's limit?)
[b]
Placing the bold text above and below.
[/b]

Conclusion: It's broken.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
[b]
Placing the bold text above and below.
[/b]

Conclusion: It's broken.
It's not broken. It just doesn't work like that.

You have to put it immediately before and after whatever you write. On the same line.
otaku_emmy said:
It's not broken. It just doesn't work like that.

You have to put it immediately before and after whatever you write. On the same line.
It's different than the spoiler and quote system.
That's why i said it was broken. It was inconsistent.
DText is the name for Danbooru's custom text formatting language. It's a mishmash of several markdown languages including Textile, MediaWiki, and BBCode.
  • Konachan implements a small subset of DText
Kiho said:
It's a mishmash of several markdown languages including Textile, MediaWiki, and BBCode.
that actually makes a lot of sense.
[b]Adding bold text to a title.[/b]
Sample text

Conclusion: It doesn't work
I love it how i'm the only one who cares about the limits of DText and konachan.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I love it how i'm the only one who cares about the limits of DText and konachan.
Minabi did a bunch of tests in the old friendly topic. Frankly the only thing that really needs work is the pagination algorithm.

test

Mr.peanutbutter said:
Test
That redirects to a site that doesn't exist
PrimalAgony said:
It's the IP 0.0.0.1, which isn't a site. I don't quite know the limits of the encoder. Decimal representation of IPs works (although Kona is behind cloudfare) however MRLs don't work, so it's not just throwing it into an href.
traz64 said:
It's the IP 0.0.0.1, which isn't a site. I don't quite know the limits of the encoder. Decimal representation of IPs works (although Kona is behind cloudfare) however MRLs don't work, so it's not just throwing it into an href.
didn't know that.
PrimalAgony said:
That was the entire purpose of the test.
If you try to run the actual link in chrome, it just performs a google search.
traz64 said:
works (although Kona is behind cloudfare)
Cloudflare is irrelevant. This is a link you're talking about. Anything about the site the link is provided from is irrelevant except that the page URL will be passed as the "referrer".

traz64 said:
however MRLs don't work, so it's not just throwing it into an href.
No, it is. Check the page source or the DOM. The address you entered has not been modified in any way.

I don't know what you're working with, but if you can access a local resource at that address in your browser only when you enter the address directly (ie. not from a link), then either your browser treats it differently as a link or the destination is rejecting the request due to the "referrer".

Mr.peanutbutter said:
If you try to run the actual link in chrome, it just performs a google search.
If you "click" on the link in Chrome, it actually tries to access it. If you enter the URL manually, Chrome won't treat it as a valid URL so it throws it to the default search engine instead. That's just Chrome for you.
Zolxys said:
If you "click" on the link in Chrome, it actually tries to access it. If you enter the URL manually, Chrome won't treat it as a valid URL so it throws it to the default search engine instead. That's just Chrome for you.
While that is exactly what I meant, I can see how my phrasing might've raised some confusion.
Zolxys said:
No, it is. Check the page source or the DOM. The address you entered has not been modified in any way.
Yes but the parser won't parse it:
<<magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D2438D70A205566B2BAF8EB454C1270237B1DBCF&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2920%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.pirateparty.gr%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.cyberia.is%3A6969%2Fannounce|example>>
Ah... Magnet URIs. You didn't make it clear what you were talking about in your previous post.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Image #84
Apparently we can send ghost messages when inlining images that don't exist.