i want to call dibs on the major, since she has purple hair, a badass, and really hot..
¬__¬ yuki nagato has been claimed, and catgirls, purple haired girls would crossover to other people's dibs...
hur hur!!
I would also love to claim anthropomorphism there Gia is involved.
Agos said:
Cuda has claimed all lolis
~Not quite
As I'm new, please explain what it means by 'claim'; I don't mean the meaning of the word, btw. :)
WritersBlock said:
As I'm new, please explain what it means by 'claim'; I don't mean the meaning of the word, btw. :)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/claim
. . . That's probably too literal . . . On this site, basically some people will "claim", or "declare possession of", various things. These things can be objects or general characters. For example: SciFi, a moderator of the site, has claimed catgirls. I, a normal ol' user, claimed robots.

Whether there's any real purpose to claiming one thing over another varies by person. Out of everyone, SciFi and Kumacuda probably make the most extensive use of their claims. Personally, all I've ever used a robot for is my profile pic . . . (this might have just made everything more confusing . . . ^_^')
(this might have just made everything more confusing . . . ^_^')
Indeed!

Ahh think I understand, you mean they will use (or may use) what they claim for profile pics and perhaps other things?

Thanks for reply.

WB.
*sigh*

You know how some people see a char and say, "[something along the line of them liking the character]! S/he's mine!" or something else similar to them claiming the character for themselves?

This thread was apparently made to lay out the "rightful" claims of who owns which character(s). Obviously this was done for fun, since at one point we all got into a small char trading/bartering session (sorta).

Most of the character assignments/claims are on the first page of this thread. My personal "claims" don't mean much though, since I never really officially declared them . (My list is more of a list of my favorite chars rather than chars I proclaim as "mine".) I posted later on why I generally don't announce "claims" on characters.

I try to stay out of the char claim corner; it can get ugly, especially between hardcore fans. I like my anime, but I'm not gonna make fictional, 2D characters the center of my universe (as cool as it would be IF they were real; they're not, though >_< )
i think i mentioned this in the friendly topic, but i'll make it official here: i claim all albinos and leucistics.

StahnAileron said:
I like my anime, but I'm not gonna make fictional, 2D characters the center of my universe (as cool as it would be IF they were real)
oh, come on?! don'cha wanna marry one? XD
Two albino are out of your range. I don't know about one, since she originally has lavendere hair. But fans depict her with white hair.
Davis_500 said:
StahnAileron said:
I like my anime, but I'm not gonna make fictional, 2D characters the center of my universe (as cool as it would be IF they were real; they're not, though >_< )
oh, come on?! don'cha wanna marry one? XD
Do I want to? Yeah, sure. I'll admit it. However, I make the conscious decision to face reality and know that it can't happen ^_^; Not gonna pin my hopes and dreams on an impossibility.

Besides, I don't wanna end up like the "fans" that go nuts when the character creator/author (who made them) does something with/to the chars that the "fandom" find "disagreeable". Just look at the OreImo and Kannagi incidences.

Also, if I can't keep a nice line between reality and fiction (dillusions), all those stupid-as-hell censoring laws and crap will actually have jusification for existence.

Fuck. That.

Anyway, I need to shut up. Getting off-topic ^_^;
Fans like that are horrible people really. So selfish. Just like us all here claiming characters and what not... >_>;

I'd say as long as you don't claim to be married to one....its all good. Though...hm...damn...now I want to finish that dimensional portal machine I was working on...never got it to function right though, not enough energy really.
Well then, I'd like to claim akemi_homura.
Of course i hope those who already claimed:
- black_haired girls
- long_haired girls
or girls with:
- glasses or
- braids
may share her with me, since I'm not too greedy and claim something general but a certain character.
Hmmm os it ok to ask if sombody owns cirno? I really wants to claim her xD (I know tensa owns ALLtouhou girls and such but maybe its ok to ask if he would share cirno with me)
It never hurts to ask. Who knows, you might get lucky?
Tensa has first rights to all Touhou-related chars. Seniority and rank does play a bit of a role in claims. He's a contributor and has been on this site for quite some time.

In fact, Tensa is actually 2 months my senior. He signed-up in June '09 while I signed up in Aug '09 (though I had been lurking the site since at least some time in '08.) Though I outrank him as a Mod, I know better than to get between him and his chars. (It helps that I'm not a diehard Touhou fan though ^_~)

Some "staff" have taken advantage of their position and claim broad categories (some even overlapping). I don't like that, which is why the list I provided is a bit more specific than some of the other claims here. Still a tad long, but I make the effort to identify specific chars (even in the one pseudo-generalized category, it links to a search with specific char tags in it, not a general tag.)

Personally, I think claims of general tags should be avoided. We should stick to either Character Tags or specific Post #'s for claims, IMHO.

Maybe I should start an Adopt-a-Post program or soemthing ^_^
Cirno? Sure I don't mind.
YAY thank you senpai x3

well [quote

In fact, Tensa is actually 2 months my senior. He signed-up in June '09 while I signed up in Aug '09well i ve singed-up in september 09 so you both are my senpais by one month or in tensas case three months xD well anyway thanks again tensa^^
Coming here to breath some life back to the thread for change...

I ran into this Yune girl form Ikoku Meiro no Croisée and I'm now claiming her before anyone has a word in it >:3 she's just too hnnngh!

oh, and Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen from Strike witches IF she's still available... I hope so... for obvious reasons :D
Since it hasn't been said yet, I'll claim... Kisumi... though that's known already.

But I'll lay claim to
Black_Rock_Shooter
Kuroi_Mato
Guitar and Gumi
You are taking Black Rock Shooter?
He'll be surprised to hear that.
I guess I call dibs on Hanekawa Tsubasa. But would I only get part-time custody since SciFi could claim her when she's in her cat form?

Edit: Oh...I almost forgot about Misaki. I'll take Nakahara Misaki too.
Goggles:D said:
...I call dibs on Suika Ibuki.
Tensa will fight you for her.

Cade said:
I guess I call dibs on Hanekawa Tsubasa. But would I only get part-time custody since SciFi could claim her when she's in her cat form?
Tempted to say Sci will fight too... though I've not actually seen any of bakemonogatari and i cant say weither Tsubasa would be classed as Nekomimi or not

SciFi said:
You are taking Black Rock Shooter?
He'll be surprised to hear that.
Not if i hold his vase hostage >:3
Drakeo said:
Tensa will fight you for her.
No he won't... I don't get what you're trying to say. I would understand Agos or Cuda (Agos because Suika can make small chibis of herself and Cuda because he's a loli lover)... But I don't get Tensa.
Ibuki is a Touhou girl, Tensa owns Touhou girls. Ask nicely, it's how I got Ran and Muetze got Cirno. As for albinos, that just doesn't include Kisumi, since Drakeo owns me already.
I'll think about it.
Tensa said:
I'll think about it.
She's been under my custody for quite some time now, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed the lack of... Well, the stench of sake in your house.
No he won't... I don't get what you're trying to say. I would understand Agos or Cuda (Agos because Suika can make small chibis of herself and Cuda because he's a loli lover)]
You can keep Suika. All that booze is not good for my chibis.
Wouldn't Suika possibly be one of the greater warriors in your army...?
Wouldn't Suika possibly be one of the greater warriors in your army...?
With great power comes great responsibility, which is something Suika doesn't have.
She'll just get drunk and end up attacking my other chibis during battle. And besides I need to save room in my chibi apartments, and all that sake will just take up too much space...