HELP! Something's broke! (Site Bug Reports & Troubleshooting)
If you have a problem with something on the site, post it here.

Basic info you should provide:
  • Description of the problem (your actions, symptoms, effects, etc.)
  • Browser you used when the problem occured. (Preferably with version/revision number as well.)
  • The approximate timeframe of you encounter(s) with the problem.
  • How long the problem lasted and/or the number of times you've come across the problem (as applicable).
Common problems and common solutions:
  • Wondering why the posts containing sexual content are missing? You're most likely on our SFW domain - see here.
  • Getting a lot of "Access Denied" errors when trying to access parts of the site? Check to make sure you're logged in.
  • A specific image is showing up only as an "I'm a teapot" error for you? The image contains explicit loli content, which is banned on our site and automatically rendered invisible to users.
  • Certain website features are currently (as of July 27 2019) not working - this includes the Tag Subscription system, the automatic purge cycle for deprecated tags, and the Add to Pool button on the left-side menu of individual image pages (how to add to pools).
Account Access Problems:
If you are having problems accessing your account and the password reset has failed for some reason, please contact the Site Admin via email:

To expedite a reset, try sending the email from the email address you have on record in your account (if any). If you do not have an email registered with your account, we'll have to verify your identity before resetting the password. For that to be done, please provide an IP address in the email. (obtainable through whatsmyip.org)

We ask that you refrain from creating another account just to use the forums or Dmail to contact staff if possible. But if nothing else works, feel free to do that. (Note that outside of abnormal circumstances such as this, it's against the site rules to make a second account. In this situation, you most likely won't be penalized, but do be aware that the extra account will be deactivated by site mods later and you won't have access to it beyond that point.)

Other things to consider:
  • Have you tried another web browser?
  • Have you tried another operating system (if you have access)?
  • Are you running any special software? (Like browser plug-ins or extensions.)

Disclaimer

This is NOT a general PC help thread. If you need help with your PC in general (program/system crashes, data corruption, failed hardware, etc.), DO NOT post it here.

Post something in the Friendly Topic or the Tech Talk thread first. Better yet, find a dedicated PC troubleshooting forum.
So I posted these two a while back:
108825 VicSoh hatsune_miku swimsuit vocaloid not approved for 3 days
108824 VicSoh hatsune_miku twintails vocaloid not approved for 3 days
I was wondering why it wasn't approved...
I can't re-post either, it says "this post already exists"
That's not really a problem... It just means your post was ignored and will most likely be automatically deleted... Then you can repost it and hope it doesn't get ignored.
The problem is that I can't repost it, it says "this post already exists" when I try to.
I wanna know what do I have to change in the picture or file, in order to the upload manager doesn't recognize it and thinks it's a different pic.
Wait for it to be deleted.
Goggles:D said:
That's not really a problem... It just means your post was ignored and will most likely be automatically deleted... Then you can repost it and hope it doesn't get ignored.
You can't repost a not approved or a deleted post unless a mod reviews it by post id.
I'll check it when I get home.
Haven't they just forgotten to evaluate it?
VicSoh said:
No. You can read the FAQ on how posts are approved.
Unapproved posts aren't explicitly deleted, just not approved.
Periodic Maintenance went into a deadlock ...
Charly said:
Periodic Maintenance went into a deadlock ...
Fixed

VicSoh said:
General poor quality, and obnoxious watermark is probably why hasn't been approved.
Posts that don't match any liking criteria of the mods within 3 days get deleted and blocked to reupload.
General poor quality, and obnoxious watermark is probably why hasn't been approved.
Posts that don't match any liking criteria of the mods within 3 days get deleted and blocked to reupload.
So it has a watermark but it's not "obnoxious" and I sure can say it's not poor on quality either... so the posts must not have any watermark at all?
VicSoh said:
So it has a watermark but it's not "obnoxious" and I sure can say it's not poor on quality either... so the posts must not have any watermark at all?
You can ask for the opinion of other mods aswell but I'm pretty sure they have the same feeling about the image.
Shuugo said:
Fixed
Praise the God of konaland.
VicSoh said:
So I posted these two a while back:
I remmeber those now. Unfortunately, they fall under the subjective side of the approval process.

Approval process

DISCLAIMER:
I'm NOT speaking on behalf of all the mods and the admin.

Now, in relation to your mention posts, in my honestt and humble opinion, they're not very aestheticly pleasing. I can't speak for the others, but to me, Miku seems very "off" in her design and style compared to the samples o her we have on tthe site. As such, that is perhaps the reason your posts didn't get approved.

Next, if yor post(s) don't get approved, DO NOT attempt to re-upload them. Note the post ID number and contact a mod/admin via Dmail for appeal. Attempting to (repeatedly) upload images that have been deleted previously can be construed as image spanning and a ban possible.

Also, don't post about a question in the forums about lack of image approval. Those questions should be asked via Dmail. Forum-based questioning is only acceptable if you don't know who the mods are (there is a list. Besides, the one who deleted an image is noted in the deletion reason) or you haven't gotten a reply back from the mod you original contacted for whatever reason.

If anything, you DEFINITELY posted an off-topic message/question here.
this started 2 days ago, thumbnails don't show up past the first or second page, is anyone experiencing this problem as well? all i get are the tags listed as a link as if the images are not loading. The thumbs again will show up properly when i return to page one or till whatever page where it did show up

i use firefox, should be completely up to date.

@stahn: i doubt the person you were talking to has a working microwave of that variety...

edit: site seems to be functioning properly in explicit mode.
Yup, I'm getting this too. I Find it happening to long stretches of work. I have only cone through page 1-1300ish and have come across yet another long stream of these. Makes me a sad sad neko!
Make sure neither of you are on the .net domain. That domain filters all Rating Explicit images. Also, check your blacklist in your profile settings and make sure the tag rating:e is removed if you wish to view explicit content on the .com domain.

Also:

• Explicit Mode = .com domain
  • Safe Mode = .net domain
If you still have problems, let us know.
As Bringerof_D mentioned thumbnails have problem loading. Mainly in Safe Mode while the Explict Mode the thumbsnails are working.
*sigh* I see what you mean now.

Nothing's been done to the site lately that should've caused that. Shuugo did have to mess with DNS stuff earlier to configure something else on the server though, IIRC. Perhaps something got SNAFU'ed in the process somehow. I'll let him know .net's thumbs are screwed.
Should be working now.
awesome, things are working now.

also the .net domain cuts them out from the page entirely, the links for explicit materials aren't there at all as it's supposed to be. i was seeing links with no thumbnails for normal SFW material.
Bringerof_D said:
also the .net domain cuts them out from the page entirely, the links for explicit materials aren't there at all as it's supposed to be. i was seeing links with no thumbnails for normal SFW material.
Can you post a screen shot of that? I'm trying to figure just exactly what you mean. Also, are you using any special add-ons or scripts with your browser we should be aware of?
Hi! Hope I'm doing this in the right place ^^'

Sometimes when I try to post a comment, I click post and then the comment isn't posted - just seems to disappear completely. I don't post anything explicit, and stay on topic, so I'm a little puzzled as to why it doesn't work sometimes...

Thank you in advance!
Mewmew said:
Hi! Hope I'm doing this in the right place ^^'

Sometimes when I try to post a comment, I click post and then the comment isn't posted - just seems to disappear completely. I don't post anything explicit, and stay on topic, so I'm a little puzzled as to why it doesn't work sometimes...

Thank you in advance!
We need browser, operating system versions, and what plugins you have activated.
Could it be the comment limit? what is it, like 5/hr for basic accounts now? idr...
5/hr? Last time I checked it was 2/hr
My browser is Google Chrome, but I think it did it with Firefox too. I'm on Vista, and have no idea about plug-ins ^^'
Davis_500 said:
Could it be the comment limit? what is it, like 5/hr for basic accounts now? idr...
I didn't know there was a limit - this may answer my question.. Thank you everyone!
If you are doing it from the comments page I have known Firefox to not bother reloading the page. It's very obvious if you use a site with a javascript clock.
SciFi said:
If you are doing it from the comments page I have known Firefox to not bother reloading the page. It's very obvious if you use a site with a javascript clock.
Well I always refresh the page to make sure. Anyways, the fact that there is a limit per hour for comments has answered my question. Now I will stop spamming here! Thank you everyone that helped!
This has come to my attention yesterday.
Usually after a new post in a topic, the topic will get highlighted , but this doesn't seem to happen anymore. Atleast for me.
What could the cause be?