StahnAileron said:
Does anyone else here get laggy response from Konachan between about 2300-0100 EDT? (That's about 0300-0500 UTC.) I've notice that for me, Konachan is quite laggy during this time window. (i.e. Takes a noticeable amount of time to load or refresh a page.)

I can't tell if it's a site thing or something on my side. (Only Konachan is affected. Everything else I browse seems to response at the same speeds as they typically would.) It happens like clockwork each night for me, so it's not just some one-off event. (I've taken note of this timeframe from the past few weeks.)

Anyone else experiencing a similar drop in response speed with the site during these hours? Or any other timeframe that repeats regularly?
I'll install some monitoring software later today.
Not me.

On another topic, the generated source url for some pixiv posts is wrong. See post #114224.
StahnAileron said:
Does anyone else here get laggy response from Konachan between about 2300-0100 EDT? (That's about 0300-0500 UTC.) ...
I didn't keep track of the actual time window, but yeah somewhere in the morning hours (GMT+1 for me) kona gets laggy and has a higher potential of running into tenshi massacres.
korokun said:
Not me.

On another topic, the generated source url for some pixiv posts is wrong. See post #114224.
I never liked that function to begin with. I find it lazy to rely on that with the direct URLs rather than using the actual post page URL.

BTW, this instance isn't a site thing (though technically you can call it such by extension). The post is part of a gallery/album post on Pixiv and those get handled different internally on Pixiv compared to single image posts there. The Gallery/Album posts are the reason I advocate using the main post URL instead for Pixiv. (There's a manual workaround to get the main post page since the post ID is in the URL anyway.)

In any case, replaced the direct URL with the post URL.
The engine uses the direct url then converts it because it lets the poster search for the artist tag.
Assuming the creator made the wiki.

Kona just doesn't have an update to handle manga style posts.
Okay. Site lag starts at around 03:15 (UTC). Confirmed by both Charly and myself. So it's not just me for sure. Troubleshooting this will be fun since it only happens during this time of day/night.

Well, if anyone else is expereincing lag on the site everyday at a recurring timeframe, let us know. So far it's known to lag once a day starting at 03:15UTC and does so for about 90 minutes (give or take). Please report if you experience long periods of lag during other parts of the day. (If it happens more than once a day, it may help narrow down the cause faster.)

EDIT: Correction. Make that for 15 min instead of 90 mins. I guess one of the things Shuugo changed had some effect on the server.
Made some changes.
Does konachan feel faster for you?
Shuugo said:
Made some changes.
Does konachan feel faster for you?
Yea, Thanks Shuugo, Though How come Most of the time I Just get a 503 randomly?
Katsumi said:
Yea, Thanks Shuugo, Though How come Most of the time I Just get a 503 randomly?
When? I haven't had one of those in a while.
Just yesterday, At about 7 PM, It happens constanly Sometimes each day.
Katsumi said:
Just yesterday, At about 7 PM, It happens constanly Sometimes each day.
Let me know if it happens again today and the timezone.
Alright, I Live in the Eastern Time Zone, By the way.
Katsumi said:
Alright, I Live in the Eastern Time Zone, By the way.
Okay either post here or DM me
Shuugo said:
Okay either post here or DM me
Alright
11:37am UTC, server responds somewhat laggy, at times taking up to 21 seconds to give a response to requests. Mostly thumbnails affected by this, but also one or the other actual image won't load.
http://charlyhro.dyndns.org/konachan_com/lag-log.txt
Charly said:
11:37am UTC, server responds somewhat laggy, at times taking up to 21 seconds to give a response to requests. Mostly thumbnails affected by this, but also one or the other actual image won't load.
http://charlyhro.dyndns.org/konachan_com/lag-log.txt
How long did it take to get back to normal values?
Shuugo said:
How long did it take to get back to normal values?
Ugh, hard to say. It started already quite a while before i posted it and was even ongoing up until ... iirc around 12:20 UTC. Sorry, didn't keep track of the actual times. I was a little absentminded today.
Charly said:
Ugh, hard to say. It started already quite a while before i posted it and was even ongoing up until ... iirc around 12:20 UTC. Sorry, didn't keep track of the actual times. I was a little absentminded today.
I'm going to upgrade the servers. Hopefully this will solve the current issues.
Im Having The Lag Again...Takes about 3 mintutes For Everything I Do On Kona, Comment, Load a Page, And it takes Forever to upload, And It Happened Today So Suddenly.

Edit: More Tenshi Massacares And Excessive Lags. 5:49 AM Eastern Time Zone.
Katsumi said:
Im Having The Lag Again...Takes about 3 mintutes For Everything I Do On Kona, Comment, Load a Page, And it takes Forever to upload, And It Happened Today So Suddenly.

Edit: More Tenshi Massacares And Excessive Lags. 5:49 AM Eastern Time Zone.
It's going to be bad the next few days until the move is complete.
Ugh it's working fine for me o.o
Tensa said:
Ugh it's working fine for me o.o
Yeah it will be random. For now I'm taking it from the backup instead of the main server. At some point I'll have to take data out of the main server, that's when the real fun will begin.
i just ran a test on the ads by disabling my ad blocker and found that i can't see the ads in neither FF(v3.6.22, yeah, i'm kinda stuck in the old days, aren't i?) nor Chrome(V14.0.835.186) in only the .com domain. works fine in .net, for some odd reason...?

.net w/ Ad (i can't connect to jlist because it keeps timing out, but you can see where the ad's supposed to show up)
.com w/out Ad (here, the space for the ad doesn't even show.....)

also, rating images in Chrome isn't working.
Davis_500 said:
i just ran a test on the ads by disabling my ad blocker and found that i can't see the ads in neither FF(v3.6.22, yeah, i'm kinda stuck in the old days, aren't i?) nor Chrome(V14.0.835.186) in only the .com domain. works fine in .net, for some odd reason...?

.net w/ Ad (i can't connect to jlist because it keeps timing out, but you can see where the ad's supposed to show up)
.com w/out Ad (here, the space for the ad doesn't even show.....)

also, rating images in Chrome isn't working.
Their server is randomly failing today.

The chrome issue has been previously reported, and it's a known Chrome side bug.
15.0.874.24 still has this problem (The current version I use).
Davis_500 said:
You have a contributor level account and are logged in on the .com domain but not on the .net domain. Contributors see no ads on Kona. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing them.
If you're helping to troubleshoot, test, or debug the site, you're welcome to create a secondary account to keep a Member-level account around for testing purposes. I did that not long after I got contrib status. It's about the only real reason to have/need a duplicate account here.

I have my secondary browsers (FF and Chrome) use that account instead. That way, if I need to pop into my Member-level account to check something out, it's only a matter of opening a browser instead of having to log out and in several times each time.

I don't use that account for anything else. (All the histories for it are 0). I make it a point to not use it actively for anything other than to browse the site when needed.
Charly said:
You have a contributor level account and are logged in on the .com domain but not on the .net domain. Contributors see no ads on Kona. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing them.
ugh, another thing i didn't know about...may i suggest that next time you(mods & admins) decide to promote someone to send 'em a message with all the "benefits"(for lack of a better term) they get, please. 'cause i think this is the third time i've said somethin' or 'nother in either a message or a comment where i was in the dark about my "benefits."

maybe i should keep a second account laying around somewhere...
Davis_500 said:
ugh, another thing i didn't know about...
I also didn't know beforehand :D I just stumbled upon it by accident back when Shuugo announced that ads are back and I still didn't see them on Firefox, though I could see them on IE ... until I logged into my account. Then the ads were gone.
I don't want people fighting for contrib / donator accounts just for the benefits they get.

Also it's something that can change at any time so I don't promote it actively either for that.
advanced search dont work

"No input file specified."
http://libs.hanyuu.net/sh.php