Well, that sucks. Commie it is then. Going with HorribleSubs would work just as well, translation-wise, but Commie has better typesetting comparatively. Oh well. I've seen/read worse (I once made the mistake of trying out a couple of Hadena subs; my eyes HURT after that...)

Mouretsu Pirates is one of those weird inbetweener series for me. It's a mix of elements, namely slice of life with drama. It's weird. The last series I watched that was similar that sticks out to me right now like that is Stellvia. Too bad Stellvia went belly up and a second season never green-lit. It had promise. As it is, the series ends with more questions than answers.

Still, I've watched worse. Symphogear is a recent series I simply dropped because it was utterly unwatchable to me. The near all-star seiyuu cast couldn't save it for me. Main chars are Mizuki Nana (Fate Testarossa) and Yuuki Aoi (Madoka). As much as I like those seiyuu, the script/dialogue sucked, the music wasn't good, the animation was horrid, and the plot un-interesting.

I still think they spent too much of their budget nabbing the seiyuu cast and not enough on anything else (writer, composer, director, etc.) They probably didn't have much of a budget either. I had some hope for the series initially. Byt the time I was done withthe first ep, I was already disappointed and ready to drop it. I gave it one more ep. Didn't help. Actually made it worse.
I will admit I'm surprised that Pirates is a 26 episode long show. I thought it was going to be a 12-13 episode show.
Same here. They even ended an arc on the 12th ep. Mildly surprised at how it ended and seeing the next ep preview afterwards.
so erm... Ano Natsu de Matteru ep 12 was satisfying... it felt a little too rushed with all the important scenes, however, i really enjoyed the overall series. total spoiler right here!
I don't know why people are still calling her Remon, when it is Lemon, since they use R's for their L's in certain words or names, especially the first letter/sylable. Hence why Light Yagami isn't called Right though manga scan groups in the beginning kept doing that.
You get used to that type of transliteration at some point. It's the same problem as Raging versus Raising Heart. Also, Remon sounds better as a name for an actual main char instead of Lemon. Lemon I prefer kept to side characters who are there for comic relief or something, like the Triplet Maids from Hanaukyo Maid Tai.
Though Lemon does coincide with how the person who wrote this works, since in Please Teacher/Twins there is the similar character Ichigo.
Just marathoned kyoukai_senjou_no_horizon. Holy crap was the political crap and overall setting in that one hard to figure out initially. I made no fucking sense to me initially. Watching the whole series and then popping over to Wikipedia made MUCH more sense in regards to the story setting. (I got the main point of the story though. That was simple ^_^; )

After realizing Chihara Minori voices and sings as Horizon_Ariadust, I now have this nagging feeling that maybe they should've gotten her to voice Yuzuriha_Inori from Guilty_Crown. Chihara-san's singing voice in Horizon was VERY familiar and it I knew I hard similar before. After finding out it was her, it clicked that the last time I heard her sing like that was for the Haruhi movie ED theme song.

I really think they should've gotten Chihara for the role of Inori/Mana. I think she could've handled both roles well plus the singing required of the Inori role. If anything, it would've eliminated that weirdness I feel whenever Inori sings and speaks in the same scene. The two voices don't mesh very well, IMHO. The chars of Yui_(Angel_Beats!) and Sheryl_Nome (Macross Frontier) I think did a better job of matching singers with seiyuus, comparatively.

... *sigh* The more I think about Guilty Crown, the more disappointed I get about it. It had SO MUCH potential and they flushed most of it down the proverbial toilet several times.

Anyway, Horizon was a weird watch with its overall setting and dialogue. Some stuff was just "Huh? What...?" material at times. Good for a few laughs, though, since it doesn't take itself seriously at all, really. There's a handful of chars I like, though I find myself liking them due more to the voices and seiyuus behind them at times than for the chars themselves. (Similar could be said of my reaction and feelings after having watched Maji_De_Watashi_Ni_Koi_Shinasai! as well to some extent. I liked many of the girls; story was bleh.)
I think thst show is getting a second season and the actual novels are like pretty huge compared to other novels. Though, I do actually love that show even if others can't because of it's complexity.

I've been marathoning shows as well, or trying to. I've got at least six months of backlog of as least manga that I want to catch up on as well so it's been limiting my watching of backlog shows.
so it looks like the last episode of bleach finally arrived ( although it's a little late to comment on it) and it wasn't that bad.

mind = blown

i've never kept up with bleach to begin with, but to think it wold ACTUALLY end is a little...unnerving?...something like that. or maybe the cash cow finally keeled over...
The manga's still going onto another arc, though. It's just the anime that's ending it.
They ran out of ideas and aren't waiting for the last arc of the manga to finish. That's what I think anyway, it's probably true too. Why did the good one out of the 3 have to end early? I honestly would be overjoyed knowing Naruto ended while dancing around a fire of burning dvds and manga, just to show my total resentment of that series. One Piece is alright, I never got into it but what little of the show I did watch I actually liked. Too bad it was on TV and back then I kept forgetting that it was on and miss episodes.

At least Bleach ended with a real arc from the manga and not some filler anime orginal arc thing by the way. That I am glad for.
Now I'm courious how the whole thing ended o.O I did drop Bleach sometime when they where in that hollow world and went to fillers.
FoliFF said:
Now I'm courious how the whole thing ended o.O I did drop Bleach sometime when they where in that hollow world and went to fillers.
I thought the hollow world was really funny compared to all the other things. Nel was one of my favorite characters in that arc.
I'm kinda annoyed they didn't do the true end for Persona 4, but as I guessed yesterday, they are doing an ova or extra episode with one of the dvd releases as the True End episode will be on August 22nd. That's too far away.
They need to hook people into buying the disc releases somehow ^_~ It's how they make production costs back. Well, that and merchandising.
yay for director's cuts. they're the exact same scenes only from a different angle. *copious amounts of sarcasm*
What are you talking about now? That reminds me of Hadena atm, because they listed their Highschool DxD episodes as Director's Cut, when it was being aired on ATX uncensored, on TV. The only real Director's Cut was Qwasar and Manyuu when it was being censored on TV but after a week or so would be showed uncensored online. It just reminds me that people who started Hadena, are still in that sub-group, and the people who watch their releases regularly instead of waitng for proper releases, are total idiots.

Still, dunno what you mean for Director's Cut, as the two shows I mentioned are the only ones that offically have them. Obsolete now since the BD's have been out.
*whispers to everyone minus Bardiche* it would seem i'm like sandpaper on his skin, nyeh?

i was actually referring to american films in general, though i suppose this might've been the wrong thread to do so in...gomenasai. at any rate, the only merchandising incentive i could ever be victimized with is if it includes a figurine. bonus features, bloopers, extra footage, et cetera don't get my attention enough.
Did Nisemonogatari end? Because it seemed to short for it to end and there hasn't been any new episodes that have come out resently.
Yes, it ended weeks ago. If you watched Bakemonogatari the first season, you'd understand how/why they ended it at 11 episodes or it seemed to be cut short. Basically if there are going to be any more episodes, they will be released with the BD's. But I don't know what else they'd add besides a bit with Senjougahara and Koyomi, since Nise Light Novels were about the two sisters anyway.
Ok i get it now. And what does BD mean?
Bondage and Discipline.
Ah... at first i was like, "wait what the?" then it all made sense. lol
I've taken a look at Ep2 of High School DxD to see if there is differences from the AT-X airing. Aside from a few cameltoe and nipple lines that can be attributed to quality of the video there is no differences thus far.
It would appear the selling point of Vol1 is the Akeno derived 3:30 Beach OVA.

Do be careful, there was censored versions shown. It's just that they came after the AT-X rather than before it as far as I can tell.
just finished watching the entire series of papa no iukoto wo kininasai. i seriously did love this series. proper spoiler here?
this series covering the first volume, i want to see another series, as i'm sure there is more than one volume of manga!~ <3
Zetman ep 1. They sure put the whole childhood arc into one episode o.O

Plus in the manga Jin wasn't suppose to meet they boy, whose name I have forgotten, until their late teens. Though Jin meet the girl (little sister to the boy) through volunteer work.

Looks like these is one of those animes where there are major changes from the manga. Still following the same plot from the manga, which is good.
I would like to know why the translators are talking so long to translate Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai I mean the anime finished before the manga and it seems like the manga is going along with the anime. I know that's not right but i always thought that mangas are usually ahead of the anime.

Also it looks like Medaka Box finally released as an anime. or should i say aired? Also Kore wa Zombie desu ka? is starting it's second season yay! :D
Tiki said:
I would like to know why the translators are talking so long to translate Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai I mean the anime finished before the manga and it seems like the manga is going along with the anime. I know that's not right but i always thought that mangas are usually ahead of the anime.
That's not always the case. Sometimes the two versions (anime/manga) are done concurrently. This is especially true of some series like Haganai: both versions are based on the original source material, a light novel series. When you have a split like that, different adaptation can happen at the same time. Your perspective on the issue is mildly skewed since you think the manga came first and is the source material. That isn't the case in this instance.

Also, manga releases are drawn out longer. A lot of manga chapters for this type of series get released monthly, unlike weekly eps of anime (also note that anime production is MUCH more involved and a lot of planning and pre-production preparation is done prior to actual airing of even the first ep. Manga releases is practically real-time in comparision.) A manga can start first, but with its release schedule, an anime version can catch up quite quickly. (Just look at Bleach...) The only reason a manga is "ahead" of an anime version is because the production and publishing companies let the source material build up before they attempt to animate it so they have content to adapt into an anime. When they DON'T do that... Well, just look at Bleach again ^_^;

And of course, you have to take into account scanlator willingness and drive. Scanlators and fansubbers may be part of the same general fandom, but the two media have their own completely different issues when it comes to production.

There's a few other things I can probably note on as well, but I think I made enough of a point, so I'll shut up now... ^_^;