RyuZU said:
It's been a while since I really hated a character, this character is so pathetic that his girlfriend can cheat on him with 90 men in front of him and the world he will still stay and forgive her, or rather, he will apologize to her, the characters are Mami and Kazuya.
I haven't seen this. I don't plan on watching it. And all I know about this kind of thing is what the two of you have mentioned here. But if this is the same kind of thing Emmy is talking about, how can you call it "cheating"?

Granted, as it is her job to keep up appearances, it would be expected of her to refrain from doing anything that makes it look like she's cheating on him. Otherwise, he should probably cancel the contract. Since this is all about appearances, dumping her would probably look better than forgiving her for cheating. If he rented her through an agency, he should probably also issue a complaint.
The anime is just flawed in its concept.

Unless you just want to get a gf to flaunt around. Otherwise I accept fuckfriend contracts. But never 'wannabe-romantic' temporary bullshit.

Sorry girl, I rather you die with your heart on the ground than having me spend a long time in a lie.
Bleghhh… seems like such a mind numbing show imo. Watching a guy rent girlfriends for hours at a time. It’s… very sad. I might as well go stalk some lonely guy life who does the same thing and call it the same show.

And ok I don’t know if u haven’t seen it, but have u guys seen zero no tsukaima? I saw a long time ago but I rewatched again a month ago and I loved it and all but I lowkey think Louise falling deeply in love with Saito was so stupid like ok maybe I’m projecting my “i don’t need a man“ insecurities on Louise but she so dumb for falling in love with him SO out of the blue thooo. Like the show could’ve at least give me some context or add in some more elaborate exchanges between the two characters BEFORE leading up to that point.

Edit: I’m talking about the first season
It's not really out of the blue. But she's a tsundere with a momma problem. Daughter of a duke, but has no aptitude in magic. She's got a lot of frustration bogged up due to the "expectations".

Regardless, it's a stupid-ish anime in the romance side. Not stupid as in the anime, but the romantic element is built on stupid (noun).
Tensa said:
The anime is just flawed in its concept.

Unless you just want to get a gf to flaunt around. Otherwise I accept fuckfriend contracts. But never 'wannabe-romantic' temporary bullshit.

Sorry girl, I rather you die with your heart on the ground than having me spend a long time in a lie.
*nods*

Give me CGDCT and slice-of-life over that shit any day of the week. Anything fluffy and/or unrealistic is right up my alley.

That being said, I do like anime like Haikyuu!! as well. But that doesn't really have any romantic bullshit in it sidelining the entire plot.

I've even held out on watching Kimi no Na wa. this long because I'm afraid it'll make me cry or something. No lie.
Zolxys said:
I haven't seen this. I don't plan on watching it. And all I know about this kind of thing is what the two of you have mentioned here. But if this is the same kind of thing Emmy is talking about, how can you call it "cheating"?

Granted, as it is her job to keep up appearances, it would be expected of her to refrain from doing anything that makes it look like she's cheating on him. Otherwise, he should probably cancel the contract. Since this is all about appearances, dumping her would probably look better than forgiving her for cheating. If he rented her through an agency, he should probably also issue a complaint.
It doesn't happen in anime or was about a specific character cheating on him like the ex, Mami or the rent girlfriend, Chizuru, what I said was just something hypothetical to show how pathetic he is, if there was cheating in the anime I would drop in the same second.

otaku_emmy said:

Give me CGDCT and slice-of-life over that shit any day of the week. Anything fluffy and/or unrealistic is right up my alley.
Slice of Life is my favorite style
RyuZU said:
Slice of Life is my favorite style
For me you can't beat something like Non Non Biyori. That is the perfect show to me.
In no specific order:
Non Non Biyori
Acchi Kocchi
Asatte no Houkou
Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru

Though I'm tempted to count Figure 17 as my favorite.
otaku_emmy said:
For me you can't beat something like Non Non Biyori. That is the perfect show to me.
Non Non Biyori I rewatched a few months ago, very good indeed, my favorite is K-ON!, but Non Non Biyori is my 2nd favorite, maybe you will like Barakamon, it's also about the countryside.
Zolxys said:
Asatte no Houkou
... ... ...I feel like I've seen this. But I don't remember a damn thing about it. And I only remembered it because of the title and the premise.

Guess I'll need to rewatch it. I've added Figure 17 to the list too.

RyuZU said:
maybe you will like Barakamon, it's also about the countryside.
That one's been on my list for a while. :p

I'm at 175 (to watch) now, and I'm about to finish Maidragon and Kakegurui.
Be prepared for double length episodes when you watch Figure 17.
Zolxys said:
Be prepared for double length episodes when you watch Figure 17.
Ye, I saw.

I'm honestly watching it because you mentioned liking it, and I like you. In a totally respectable way.
I'm interested in hearing what anyone thinks of it. It is quite old. And I've never heard anyone else even mention it...
Zolxys said:
I'm interested in hearing what anyone thinks of it. It is quite old. And I've never heard anyone else even mention it...
When did you first see it? And where?

I think the oldest anime SERIES I've ever seen was Ghost Sweeper Mikami. It was very good.
Using the MAL filters the oldest one I watched was the movie Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa from 1986, OVA was Cyber City Oedo 808 from 1990, and TV was Neon Genesis Emogelion from 1995.
The late 80s/early 90s animation style was so freaking cool. It's no wonder people imitate it now.

Well, that and nostalgia.
otaku_emmy said:
When did you first see it? And where?
Probably around the time it was released. Back when I would look into every single anime that was released and watch at least a dozen each season.
'Haruhi Suzumiya Series' Gets New Novel in Nine Years

I would be happy if KyoAni did a new anime project

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (2020) PV

Will be released next season
Today I'll catch up Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest, then maybe Edens Zero, I stopped in chapter 11 almost 2 years ago.

• Grand Blue, the last chapter was very good, having to wait a month for the next chapter, fuck.
FT: 100 Years Quest I'm in the last released chapter, chapter 64, Edens Zero I read some chapters, but I was not excited to continue, maybe one day, I wonder how many chapters this FT sequence will have, to start there are 5 dragon gods that need to be defeated, in 64 chapters 2 were defeated, I bet 150~160 depending on sales, I also think there will be an anime in the future.

Next maybe 3-gatsu no Lion, the last chapter is 171, I stopped at 140, I saw spoilers from the last chapter, it was quite unexpected in a good way.
Houkago Teibou Nisshi, the first anime I finished this season, I personally liked it, I rated 8/10., I'll read the manga later, is in chapter 20, very little.

"How Netflix managed to convince the creator of One Piece to allow a live-action series adaptation", I saw on a Portugal website

LEAKED VIDEO OF THE MOMENT
The ones I'm going to watch next season

I'll probably watch more, I'll watch the first episode of the others and decide to continue or not.
I now understand the Boku no Pico memes and I wish I didn’t.
Reading Munou na Nana

> Grand Blue chapter 65

Hiyumi no Inaka Michi ended, probably didn't sell well, I thought it was fun, it's a pity.
Cowboy Bebop live action is going to be trash, as expected from pedoflix, the next victims of Americans are Kimi no Na Wa (Your Name) and One Piece, I can't wait not to watch.

> New Code Geass project to be unveiled on December 5th
RyuZU said:
Cowboy Bebop live action is going to be trash
*Googles the live action cast*

*does a big 'ol sigh*

I think it's high-time America stopped touching anything to do with anime altogether (aside from dubs, subs, and distribution).

Having said that, I did enjoy the GitS movie. However, I enjoyed it because I completely separated it from the actual GitS franchise and viewed it as it's own thing with its own characters who weren't actually the characters from the original anime.
So I recently completed Trigun, and it is without a doubt one of the best anime I've ever seen, and probably one of the best anime ever produced period. I like when an anime can make me cry, and this certainly did that a few times. Especially at spoiler

I also liked the twist of realizing that when Legato said he'd make Vash suffer he didn't mean by hurting innocent people or Vash's friends, but rather by spoiler

It's a show with a lot of heart and even more action. If you've never seen it, it's something I couldn't recommend more highly.
Meanwhile I'm just here watching a show about a savage princess that doesn't give a fuck about the demons that kidnapped her and the hero trying to save her but instead just wants to sleep: Maoujou de Oyasumi.
Today I'll start watching Aria the Natural.