otaku_emmy said:
So apparently AoT was neo Nazi propaganda the whole time?
Should I assume one would only understand this if they had read the manga? I don't recall anything even hinting at this in either anime series. Though for AoT, I only saw the first season. (Didn't really care for it)
I saw a detailed post about it on Instagram that would be perfect to share, but I definitely didn't bother saving it. It was more to do with the content of the anime though.

But it's pretty funny to me how it's one of the biggest shows of all time, and now that it's ending people are starting to screech about it being right wing indoctrination.

Hold on, check this opening sentence out from a Polygon article about it: "The modern manga and anime industries would not exist without Attack on Titan." I feel like that's a reach and a half...

Anyway, people say Titans are modelled after Jews. Eldians = WWII-era Jews. One character was modeled after a Japanese...military guy that did some atrocities and that's why the whole show is banned in China. Shit like that. So people are saying it's pro Nazism and pro Japanese Nationalism.
I just dislike AoT for all the hype that I can clearly not see. The same way I disliked Vocaloi-- no, that's wrong. The same way I disliked Hatsune Miku more than 10 years ago, is the same way I dislike AoT now. I don't mind Miku now because she's not the craze anymore. Also Luka best girl.

Also anything related to modern stuff wouldn't exist without Evangelion, not AoT. Shitstains will always crave to steal the fame. There are many shows that opened doors, but Evangelion is the one thing that blew the doors out from under fancy pancy good anime. Then there are a lot of other stuff too. But the post would drag on... so I'll stop at the dot.
I feel like...a HUGE problem facing the modern anime industry is the fact that Westerners are starting to get triggered by the fact that these Japanese shows, made by people from a largely homogenous society that has roots much different and much older than, say, those in the US, don't cater to their more progressive, "woke" sensibilities.

For instance, I follow several Lolita fashion pages on Instagram. Yesterday I saw a frankly ignorant comment complaining about how all the models featured in the post were "white" (they were literally all fucking Chinese), and that Lolita fashion always seems to be marketed towards "white" people and be made exclusively for "white" people. These things are obviously very untrue, but because this person sees this CHINESE COMPANY using CHINESE MODELS they've perceived it as some kind of...microaggression against dark-skinned people.

Shit is really, really getting out of hand. People seem to be getting more and more unreasonable and losing basic common sense.
was expecting Fallout NV refferences, disapointed
It's just the new shitstains on the market, Em. The OG weebs and the followup weebs which I am part of are fine all in all. Netflix and Crunchyroll are a bitch ass propaganda machine cattering to US fantasies. Yes, US. You don't see such levels of bullshit politics and political support in any other Western country.

It's all about bullshit votes and money. Everybody should start focusing on the class division which is the true problem, not race division which is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

China has a really nifty solution to all this. Just admit it and call them out for what they are. Even agravate them with great amount of Schadenfreude. Getting angry over anything is just beating yourself up for no reason. They very well deserve it, bunch of idiots that care more for their self-perceived victim delusions.

But enough talk about useless politics and their folowers that need to be put in asylums.
Tensa said:
Yes, US. You don't see such levels of bullshit politics and political support in any other Western country.
Oh I believe it. I saw another post the other day talking about cosplayers getting "cancelled" for cosplaying ships people don't like or cosplaying in ways that aren't 100% faithful to the original source material.

Imagine...having so little going on in your life, having so few things to worry about, being so out of your mind, that you get angry at strangers online for cosplaying a couple you don't like or not having a totally accurate costume or hairstyle or makeup. Imagine getting so angry over fictional characters' love lives or being mad at someone for putting their own spin on a look to the point you try to tear down the cosplayer in question and ruin their careers.

There's so much shit going on in the world. So many real things to fight for. And some people are out here going rabid over fucking cosplay. Over cartoons.
I just can't help but wonder how the brains of those people work. I mean, there has to be some kind of mental damage for them to act like this, right?

In any case, they all seem to have a screw loose somewhere and for some ungodly reason none of them has an ifixit kit.

Side note: Watched Maou-sama, Retry! recently, it was a pretty good show. Started with Classroom of the Elite now.
I am currently watching an anime called Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!

I had doubts about it for a while seeing as it included the generic perverted male character, But then i got redeemed by the fact they also included women that were perverted too.

I get quite bothered by the male is the perverted trope some anime focuses their attention on.

But seeing as they included both of them to balance it out made me quite satisfied.

Regardless the anime is quite good couple of good scenes good characters.

But as i've said it has the male character being pervert and getting knocked senseless cause haha humor, But it has some saving grace here and there.

:Edit: I watched the Eight episode a little while ago and i gotta say the humor went from so so to a sudden drop which made me go whyyy... Which is thus The MC decided it was a fun idea to unzip his pants and put his dick on the head of the king they were trying to form an alliance with, All just to progress the story, I don't get who would find that funny.
otaku_emmy said:
Anyway, people say Titans are modelled after Jews. Eldians = WWII-era Jews. One character was modeled after a Japanese...military guy that did some atrocities and that's why the whole show is banned in China. Shit like that. So people are saying it's pro Nazism and pro Japanese Nationalism.
... Just the character designs? Really just that?

So the content of the show is just fine and does not mirror the Nazi regime in any way? But people are blowing up and calling it "neo Nazi propaganda" and such because of where they got the inspiration for the character designs? People these days...

*Edit: And I'm still clueless about the K-On connection to that.
Zolxys said:
... Just the character designs? Really just that?

So the content of the show is just fine and does not mirror the Nazi regime in any way? But people are blowing up and calling it "neo Nazi propaganda" and such because of where they got the inspiration for the character designs? People these days...
Nooooooo siwwy, that's just some of the stuff I remember. I haven't watched ANY of the anime or read ANY of the manga so I don't know the names of all the groups of people or the one group that is pretty much Nazis. That's why I said I regretted not being able to share the much more well written post that I was referencing.

P.S. I finally learned where "The game was rigged from the start." is from today.
It's suspicious either way. The series was popular for a long time, and only now when they reveal connections to Nazi history do they change how they see it. Either they're now inferring beliefs and ideas that weren't present in the series. Or they were just too stupid to see what kind of beliefs and ideas the show was promoting all this time when they didn't have the word "Nazi" to tip them off...
Made In Abyss is the next victim of Americans, the live-action will be produced by Hollywoke

Press F
Live-action animes will always be a curse that this world didn't ask for.
The English dub of Gunsmith Cats is BAD.
>>NOOOOO SO YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU HAVE SEVERAL TB'S OF ANIME DOWNLOADED AND WILL NEVER STOP PIRATING?

YES

support companies like crunchyroll that create a shows like "High Guardian Spice", no thanks

or support Shueisha and Viz Media, that refused publishing Ayakashi Triangle’s chapter 74 for having so much ecchi, no thanks

last year I watched few animes, this year we'll see if I can watch more
I started watching Dog Days recently. I somehow managed to go 10+ years without realizing it was an isekai. So far everyone and everything is adorable so it seems promising. The concept of an anime where people wage war and fight but no one gets hurt or dies is pretty neat.