SK7000 said:
1: "difference between having a preference for an opinion, and having blind faith in the validity of an opinion"
1: I meant blind faith with minimal changes

SK7000 said: Bias: As we live we come across questions and experiences. We use our understanding to assign answers through the experiences. We believe we made the best effort to answer these questions truthfully, and thus the answers we reached are more likely to be right than wrong.
Let me try and understand this as well as I can by means of an example to help illustrate how I perceive this statement. Example

Explanation required on "best effort"

SK7000 said:
The key here that separates the closed-minded from the open-minded is how strongly you attach yourself to "being sure of being right."
I don't see how being accurate about something requires being sure of it. Explanation of statement
Bias
I like how you talked about my views and their buddhistic nature. I would be a lousy buddhist since I'd find myself to be too constrained believing in something again. I'd rather just see it as a point of view.

You don't strike me as the observer type. I wonder what to do with that information :/