Some thoughts on the last few replies.

Thoughts on Mnessie's apparent lack of faith on humanity.

On the important of humbleness and my lack of it.

But I must point out that I find it risky to assume learning value remains the same in this situation.
It was not assumed. The focus was on making the best decision, not on learning the most out of the situation (no need to go deeper into this).

Bias definition. It remains to be seen if the person involved can actually act upon such moral guidance. But I would ask out of curiosity, how often has your mood been that it wasn't so?
For a biased decision to win, all you have to do is feel emotionally strong about it, thus reacting with your gut instinct instead of applying your brains (and deciding what is best).

I know I've slipped in the past, but it doesn't happens often as it takes a very particular set of circumstances to upset me to that point.

@Davis, I could understand your post, actually. The only thing that worries me is that we use varying definitions for bias in the different posts we've mentioned so far.

Defining bias for the 7th time.

We'll always have opinions and preferences in most issues, because rarely something is black & white where one choice is absolutely, irrevocably better in every aspect than the other. The only way to not have an opinion is when you simply don't care about the topic, at all.

And that's what the immortal observer would be like: uncaring, but accepting.

objectionability = counter-bias.
in order to be objective, you had to have been exposed to biasness;
I can object to this. I'd say that being objective involves being able to spot a bias and counter it. If you say that "objectiveness is the lack of bias", then why do you have to have bias in order to nurture objectivity? What if you just didn't have a bias to begin with, you cannot be objective then? o.O'

PS: Gosh, why do my posts seem so long even after I have spoiled the hell out of them? x_x'