Long posts are fine for monologues or when you just feel like venting your mind out. What worries me is that it's much more difficult to hold a debate/discussion when the message size keeps growing.

Further thoughts on that.

Now, there are two points I wish to address on this post.
1. The nature of an immortal observer (mostly replying to Gregol)

Mostly my same stance from before, but detailed further.

2. The importance of humility in acquiring wisdom (mostly replying to Mnessie)

I've been thinking about how to best reply to this since I saw Mnessie's reply yesterday. The reason I think being humble is important in becoming wise is because it is the vaccine that prevents you from becoming confident on your knowledge, which is the virus which corrupts people into becoming arrogant.

Humble definition:
adjective
1. not proud or arrogant; modest (this is the definition relevant to our case)
I see humility as the ability of accepting that you might be wrong, no matter how likely it is that you are right. Without it, as your knowledge of a particular area deepens, you will develop a sense of certainty in having the right answer. These are the roots of confidence, in which you come to believe yourself "certainly right" in the areas you have become invested yourself in. If left unchecked, arrogance will rise when confronted with a differing opinion. Why? Because you know you are right and "it would be a waste of time listening to somebody else who's obviously wrong because I am right."

Without humility you will close doors to alternative reasonings, and completely block out sources of information/knowledge which you deem useless.

Dealing with the most likely counter argument (i.e.: "so how can you prove that I am not wasting my time by being surrounded by superficial people instead of more intelligent beings?")

And, I guess I've written enough for now. I rest my case.

EDIT: Mnessie ninja-posted me, so I suppose I should add these bits:
@Being "the same"

@Abolishing gender roles