Car was totaled. They can't fix it. Mom's getting a rental car tomorrow. I get $1000. I'm still in physical pain. Dad's being a total piece of shit about everything and making everyone feel worse. My toilet isn't working. My cat's still dead. My dog is all bloated and dying. Been a real great summer.
otaku_emmy said:
Car Crash Update: The old man WAS ticketed for failure to yield, the motherfucker DIDN'T HAVE A VALID LICENSE, and THEY STILL HAVEN'T REPORTED THE FUCKING ACCIDENT.

So we'll probably have to get the law after them.
You got into another car accident? Is this like number 5 or something?
Artwork said:
You got into another car accident? Is this like number 5 or something?
Two. Kind of three (I've never mentioned the first one). None of which were technically our fault. :p

It's okay though. I mean, aside from the fact that it fucked my back and shoulder up more and I'm now even more terrified of being in vehicles.

My mom already got a new car today (not BRAND new, but new to her). $10,990 was still owed on the Nissan we had, but the insurance company of the party at fault is paying it off. And since the new car isn't a sports car, coverage with our insurance will be cheaper.

Can't turn back time and undo what happened, unfortunately.
I learned today that our neighborhood lost its last pizza restaurant.

My Judo Gi also took its last throw on practice. My partner took a grip of the collar and there was this sound of tearing fabric.....

The lift in out building is out of order today.

Well, I am told bad luck comes in three, so knock on wood!
Kiho said:
I learned today that our neighborhood lost its last pizza restaurant.
Man, that sucks.

Whereas we have too many pizza places around here. (I mean, I consider four to be too many.)
Kiho said:
My Judo Gi also took its last throw on practice. My partner took a grip of the collar and there was this sound of tearing fabric.....
Give it a respectful disposal for its service to you.
The good news, is that I did not seriously blow my knee out last Saturday on training - the bad news, is that I will have to sit the next 4 weeks out. At least after a couple of days of strong NSAIDs, I can bend my knee again.
Outch, hope you get feeling better.
Cheezus..... hope your knee gets better, that kind of injuries suck so much
I'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow and I have to do the clean-out today. I already went through two in past years but it never gets easier...
Good luck with that, hopefully it goes well! >.<
Shaggy410 said:
Good luck with that, hopefully it goes well! >.<
All seems well. You really appreciate food after abstaining from the stuff for almost two days straight.
My parents took our dog to be put down today. I feel awful. Yeah, I'm sad because she'll be gone but what makes it worse is that she went out that way. I had wanted her to just pass away on her own, not to be shot up with stuff that kills her. Or however they do it now.
otaku_emmy said:
My parents took our dog to be put down today. I feel awful. Yeah, I'm sad because she'll be gone but what makes it worse is that she went out that way. I had wanted her to just pass away on her own, not to be shot up with stuff that kills her. Or however they do it now.
yeah i'd rather just let my dog pass away, also. People say it's more humane to put them down, but I often wonder about that.

But anyways sorry she's gone... I have an old dog so I'm looking out for it on her.
I wonder how long my dog has left. She must be 15 years old at least.
I was just casually playing my video games on the living room couch when my brother came in and started watching "Strangers Things 2" on Netflix. He got bored and left halfway through the first episode...and I ended up unintentionally binge watching the entire season despite having no prior knowledge of the events of the first season. Not how I expected to spend my Saturday, but I guess it's thematically appropriate given it's Halloween weekend.
I went to the doctor today to get some lab results back. All my levels are exceptionally good, of which I am glad. My organs are doing what they're supposed to, my cholesterol is great, my heart disease risk is super low, my calcium/Vitamin D levels are fantastic, my kidneys are killing the game, etc.

I'm going to start a diet sometime soon too and that'll probably help me start losing some weight.
otaku_emmy said:
I went to the doctor today to get some lab results back. All my levels are exceptionally good, of which I am glad. My organs are doing what they're supposed to, my cholesterol is great, my heart disease risk is super low, my calcium/Vitamin D levels are fantastic, my kidneys are killing the game, etc.

I'm going to start a diet sometime soon too and that'll probably help me start losing some weight.
Hearing that made me really happy! Keep it up ::))
otaku_emmy said:

That is good to hear. A healthy diet is a good start, but nothing compares to regular vigorous exercise. Unfortunately I don't share family pics here, but my wife recently posted to here face book, her before Sambo to after Sambo pics. in 10 months after she got intensely involved in Sambo (She trains 6 times a week for 1.5 hrs a session), her weight dropped from 85kg to 62 Kg (That is 50 lbs btw) .....in about 10 months. Her stamina is unbelievable and she looks 10 years younger. She regularly "fights" young men in her weigh class, half her age to exhaustion....and submission, usually during grappling. And she looks really really good in her Club workout suit.

There are many sports where you put out high energy over a long duration that will suffice (find one you like). Try to find one that works the whole body. That is one benefit of Sambo (and many martial arts) which build your core strength, not just legs or upper body.
No one the size of that bitch is getting into martial arts.
I think you imagine me looking much larger than I actually am, Cade.

Either way, I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk that way about me.
Please, your back is wider than my lat spread.
Boy, sounds like someone doesn't want his birthday stuff.

Nah, you wouldn't give a shit about that anyway.

You just keep doing what you do best. I'm sure you being the way you are will pay off in the end.
otaku_emmy said:
You just keep doing what you do best. I'm sure you being the way you are will pay off in the end.
Years of abuse got you to give me free shit.
A dose of humor for the day:

Both men and woman go to the fitness club for the same reason.

On Topic: My shoes are enjoying the first dry day in a week! (So am I ;)
There was a dead cardinal in the yard today so I figured I'd better get rid of its body so my dad didn't get needlessly pissed off at the feral cat that stalks the premises. (She can't help that she kills birds, she's literally a wild animal.) So I went outside and picked it up in some paper towels and kind of just looked at it for a few seconds. It's very sad seeing a dead animal up close, especially when it's something like a pretty bird. Anyway, I took it to the edge of the field and laid it on a mass of green leaves. I then torn up a bunch of grass and weeds and other flora and piled it on top of the bird, giving it a sort of above ground burial.

It was very rude of her to not at least eat what she had killed. But, again, she is a reasonless animal.
otaku_emmy said:
It was very rude of her to not at least eat what she had killed. But, again, she is a reasonless animal.
Studies actually have shown that cats kill stuff just for shits and giggles.
She ought to go for smaller birds then. Seems she only likes killing male cardinals.
otaku_emmy said:
She ought to go for smaller birds then. Seems she only likes killing male cardinals.
Better keep that kitty locked up then. It's only a short jump from killing cardinals to killing the Pope.