I went to my uncle's wedding today. It's his third marriage. Same for his new bride. It was truly a redneck affair. It was way too hot for an outdoor wedding. It was still decent though.

My uncle's house is fricking nice too.
otaku_emmy said:
I went to my uncle's wedding today. It's his third marriage. Same for his new bride. It was truly a redneck affair. It was way too hot for an outdoor wedding. It was still decent though.

My uncle's house is fricking nice too.
Hope they have a happy marriage ever after this time! What did you eat? I was also about to ask if there was dancing but…you also said it was real hot.
mattiasc02 said:
What did you eat?
BBQ. Pulled pork. There was cole slaw, BBQ slaw, baked beans, mini hush puppies, and mac 'n cheese as sides. Oh, and buns.

But I didn't eat much while I was there. When it's so hot it's hard to really want anything. Plus I didn't have much of an appetite to begin with.

I wanted to stay longer but my dad wanted to go so...we left.
My wife and I went to an event Saturday at <Club Patriot Pro> (It is a Boxing and Sambo club), <Event 4 Fight>. It was a combined event for MMA, Grappling without Gi and Grappling with Gi (Gi is the Japanese word for a martial arts uniform such as worn in Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Karate...) Grappling is much like BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but will fewer restrictions and a different scoring system - BJJ does not allow punching or kicking as in traditional JJ).

My wife competed in the Grappling event.....she fought twice, unfortunately against the eventual winners of Gold, first and then Bronze. :( She lost on points, however all the others who fought these two lost by <clean victories - either submitted by a pain hold such as an arm bar or knee bar (you tap out) or were choked out>. She managed an escape from an arm bar, when her opponent realized she was about to be submitted by a wrist lock and also from a chock hold, she also got a couple of sweeps on them (where you go from being on the bottom to being on the top) .......And no new injuries - what I was most worried about.!!!!
otaku_emmy said:
BBQ. Pulled pork. There was cole slaw, BBQ slaw, baked beans, mini hush puppies, and mac 'n cheese as sides. Oh, and buns.

But I didn't eat much while I was there. When it's so hot it's hard to really want anything. Plus I didn't have much of an appetite to begin with.

I wanted to stay longer but my dad wanted to go so...we left.
That's southern af . But omg that sounds appetizing. And tru. You were probably drenched in sweat.

Glad ur wife's ok. As I was reading that I was like @ahhh@@
Over the years I have trusted German head phones to deliver perfection in listening pleasure, so I recently purchased their latest model SENNHEISER PXC550 To sum it up in one word CRAP ...the worst head set I ever purchased and it wasn't cheap. Back to Sony for me.
Why would you use Sennheiser? Use Audio Technica or AKG (which is Austrian).
I have these old AT headphones, since 2014 or 2015, I believe. Still going strong af, and only recently have they started actually deteriorating (the leather-y things).
Tensa said:
Why would you use Sennheiser? Use Audio Technica or AKG (which is Austrian)
Yes I totally agree, AKG are far superior, but bloody expensive I tried them and was foolish on not picking them, they are magnificent, but to my shame I got suckered in by the Sennheiser hype. But I swear and stick to my decision, Sony are unbeatable, I finely decided on a pair of Sony MDR 7506's ... freaking amazing, trust us Japs to beat everything!!!
Nobody beats Bose for overpriced over hyped audio equipment - Monster cable comes close though.

On a different note: The first World cup fans to get their butts hurt were a couple of Brits riding the train to Kalinigrad. One got into an altercation with a policeman....The other somehow managed to break a train window....with his hand (which got cut up and needed stitches). That is pretty awesome - considering that those train windows are heavy, tempered glass, windows.
Kiho said:
... a couple of Brits riding the train to Kalinigrad. One got into an altercation with a policeman....The other somehow managed to break a train window....with his hand (which got cut up and needed stitches). That is pretty awesome - considering that those train windows are heavy, tempered glass, windows.
What....

Yay?

On another note, last exam today. Hope I score top marks, so I get that schoolarship.
Tensa said:
On another note, last exam today. Hope I score top marks, so I get that scholarship.
Good luck!
My scroll wheel stopped working.

I feel terrible.
A built into the tablet scroll wheel or a separate mouse? If you have bluetooth on your tablet (almost a certainty), you can probably use a bluetooth mouse.

Over did it with my knee today. Worked on the Самбо / Болевой прием КАНАРЕЙКА, That was this morning then in the evening did some weight training - turned out to be a leg training day - right now I am best friends with an ice pack.
It's a cheap Insignia mouse. I only paid, like, ten bucks for it. I may have dropped it on the floor too many times as well. Still, it was working last night... But now the wheel itself doesn't feel right. It rolls in a much more stiff manner. It won't scroll lock when I click down on it anymore either.

Ah well. Just add that to the shit pile of micro aggressions the universe has enacted against me this week.
Bent my back today and needed to drop everything after the third appointment. Called my doc and told him, I'm back home in like an hour and need a massage to get my back working again. Everything worked out, will work again tomorrow.
I found out today that I have to go see a psychotherapist on July 19th. So...that should be something.
otaku_emmy said:
I found out today that I have to go see a psychotherapist on July 19th. So...that should be something.
wait why? What happened?
Just don't talk about me too much.
mattiasc02 said:
wait why? What happened?
I can't really talk about it. But it's nothing to worry about. They just wanna check me out.
I went to the sports hall to do some weight training this afternoon. There were four other members (there usually are 15-20, the group that regularly trains the same time as I)......However ALL the staff was there working out! Well you can tell what they think of football - lol.

On a whim I went through my anime folder and looked for oldest image by save date - post #25983 was the first image I downloaded from Konachan 11/26/2004 7:00pm
Had a bit of a bummer of a day. I was rudely awakened by the universe at roughly 6 AM, having only gotten roughly three hours of sleep beforehand (I had trouble getting to sleep last night). Anyway, what woke me so suddenly was the fact that our power went out. Something exploded at the transformer. I'm not sure the exact technical breakdown of the whole thing. Some poor bird had gone to perch and accidentally touched his wings to the wires. He was electrocuted and caused a tiny explosion. He exploded a little too. I've kind of been sad about it all day. Which is silly, I know.

Luckily we didn't have to wait long for it to be fixed. A really nice older man who's always on call for Duke came to fix it. It only took him a minute or two.

And my parents have been going back and forth a lot all day and that's always really hard to have to listen to.
If it took just a few minutes to fix, it was just a blown fuse. It is a big fuse, the thin rods without ridges parallel to the porcelain insulators, which make a really loud bang when it pops.
Had alcohol yesterday and it sent me in to a spiraling hours long depression/panic combo. I feel better today though. I even went out and got some exercise.

I also drank a lot of spoiled milk today because I realized too late that it was, in fact, spoiled. So my guts are kinda upset with me for that.

I hope this week is a good one for all of us.
*Hug Emmy*

Hope today was a better day for you.
This was a great weekend for underdogs. Russia beat Spain and Croatia beat Denmark in the world cup....it was not so good for those who wanted to sleep.....Moscow partied all night, even on the outskirts where we live. Lots of positive energy - working today was tough though. :)
BattlequeenYume said:
*Hug Emmy*

Hope today was a better day for you.
Awwww. Thank you. That was very sweet. :)

Today was...it was okay. I could complain, but there's not point in doing that. My troubles are always pretty much the same.
Is there any sort of action that can put these troubles to an end?
Not really. :p

I just try to think about positive things and occupy my mind with nice stuff and nice people.

It's not good to dwell on negative things.
Girl you need a hubby to keep you nice warm and toasty
Trust me, I think about that sort of thing all the time.