I firmly oppose that line of logic. I believe in the sanctity of human life, and I believe we should do our best to protect living things.

Edit: I suppose it's much easier to feel that way when it's not your home and worldly belongings that've been burned to the ground or your relatives who have died or your animals that you couldn't protect.
Let nature be destroyed! Humanity first! Nature is killing us! We must stand against this heinous (un)predictable disaster!

And God created Eden, a paradise it was for the children. Yet He thus rejected the desecration and destruction of Eden as Abel the one who has given Him flesh thus returned to Him, for the rejected succumbed to sin. Thus humanity has been plunged into forever sinning in front of Him, as Eden was always His creation. Yet irony grips humanity as they ask for His salvation from His creation when they themselves wrought its destruction.

While I despise the Irish famine, I despise the absolute desecration of the Emerald Isles more. Luckily, the forestry areas of Ireland went from some 1% to 11% or so in less than half a century. Now if many more people would just decide to join the movement, that'd be great.

For I dream of the day that light would slither through the rooftop of branches of tall trees and hit me there and then, as I have lived long enough to witness the resurrection of the once lost. Yet reality crashes onto me and tells me that such a dream will remain a dream, as what once was would never be witnessed again. Though I see, I believe that it can one day again proudly call itself emerald. However humanity can not say the same, as humanity was once priceless, the same humanity thus became expandable today.
Tensa said:
A lot.
That's deep.
I'm not having a good day so far. It's been productive, lots of housework has been done which makes me happy but my stomach feels so dodgy. Time to snuggle under blankets in the nice clean house and smell of freshly done laundry.
I was without internet since yesterday because I changed a password accidentally in the configuration of the router, the password autocomplete and I clicked OK, I just went to look at internet traffic because it was slow.

About Amazon and the "current" situation, There was always fire and deforestation, deforestation probably from 1960 onwards, and fire since always, of course, not of this magnitude, it seems that the Amazon and its problems was discovered in 2019, why do I say that? Always had fire and deforestation, why all this such indignation like that just now? if these people cared so much about the forest such indignation would always have since many years ago, isn't it a little late?, but on the other hand maybe had a "indignation " like that before and I'm just talking silly and I just did not realize or remember, I'm not saying that there have never been people/ong's against deforestation and the fire, it's just about current outrage, and also the hypocrisy of seeing other countries or the UN saying something, always was neglects of all governments here in Brazil, it is a pity not being so careful with the forest.

A twitter post by Macron, the image is old, not from 2019, the picture was taken by Loren McIntyre who died in 2003, it's for sale here.
PewDiePie hit 100 mil subs. I got more aggressive with my diet (cut down to ~1050 cal/day) and may hit my target weight of 165lbs by Sep 12 now. My roommate, who recently cracked his skull drunk on a rideshare scooter, got caught doing 89 in a 55 in Virginia so he's fucked. And I have failed at hitting on a few more girls on online dating.
OH SHIT! HE DID! AND WITHIN A WEEK OF THE WEDDING TOO! I'M SO HAPPY FOR HIM!

Obligatory posting of "Congratulations".

It's funny how I used to not give a shit about/straight up dislike Pewdiepie, but now I'd throw hands in his name if I had to.

traz64 said:
And I have failed at hitting on a few more girls on online dating.
DON'T GIVE UP THOUGH DAWG! SHE'S OUT THERE!
Welp. My mom just bought/reserved a puppy. Even though my dad said he doesn't want another dog in the house.
otaku_emmy said:
Welp. My mom just bought/reserved a puppy. Even though my dad said he doesn't want another dog in the house.
How many dogs do you already have? And how big?
traz64 said:
How many dogs do you already have? And how big?
We have one female Dachshund, around five years old. The new one will also be a female Dachshund.

We didn't raise the one we have now from a puppy since she was a rescue. She shared a home with three other, larger dogs previously.
We (my wife, I and our 2 kitties) were watching the Judo world finals on tv ( taking place in Japan). Yes, it seems Judo was fascinating to both of our kitties.....Then....one hell of a kitty bout erupted - placemats and coasters were cleared from the dining room table, then the kitties went flying from family room to bedroom to family room.... to under the sofa....definitely intense. Who would have thought that judo matches on TV would so effect kitties.....These bouts kept spontaneously erupting till evening. wow. Fortunately our kitties are well trained in the rules of fight - no blood, just some fir.
Started on a new carton of eggs today. The first three eggs all had double yokes....This is the second carton of eggs which I have bought like this, the first was all double yokes, I expect that this one will be too :)

As an aside, I never purchased a double yoked egg while living in the USA. Has anyone on Konachan done so?
That's considered good luck in some places, I think.

It's rare in the eggs we buy, but I know it's happened at least once.
A relatively new baby smiled at me and my mom today. It's rare for babies to smile at me, so that made me feel nice. She was a cute baby too. Sometimes they're not very cute when they're that young.

Also, there's a nasty, shitty hurricane coming. Apparently it's gonna be a Cat 2 by the time it hits Wilmington, so it's gonna fuck the beach up all over again. We'll no doubt feel an impact further inland as well. Hopefully, it won't be too bad here. I just feel bad for the people at the beach who suffered so much last September due to Florence. Not to mention the beach itself. They had just finished a beach restoration project prior to the hurricane in 2018.
At the beginning of the year I scanned photos from when I was a baby and some others, my mother took several photo, funny that in most photo I was with mouth open, and almost always in blue clothes, maybe it's normal baby to keep her mouth open all the time I don't know , I don't repair, and there's one I'm smiling.

Here we don't have so much natural disaster of this kind I think but we have corruption, that has worse effect, instead of fucking with one place fucks the whole country, Brazil is an expert in this, but speaking of natural disaster, in 2016 there was a small earthquake in my city, according to data was at 6:21 am, and it was magnitude 3.7, when I arrived at school some friends had said they felt tremors, I thought they were lying until I saw the news, in other cities there is flood in rainy season, not so much here because it is very uphill and downhill, but it's dangerous when it rains.
We have no hurricanes where i live, and earthquakes are only in one part of it due to drilling into the ground for the natural gases and therefore compromising the structural integrity.

As far as corruption goes, companies pay less, while we have to pay more to compensate. (I don't know the details. (Politics are not that important to me.))
On the bright side, we have tulips.
Tensa said:
Let nature be destroyed! Humanity first! Nature is killing us! We must stand against this heinous (un)predictable disaster!

And God created Eden, a paradise it was for the children. Yet He thus rejected the desecration and destruction of Eden as Abel the one who has given Him flesh thus returned to Him, for the rejected succumbed to sin. Thus humanity has been plunged into forever sinning in front of Him, as Eden was always His creation. Yet irony grips humanity as they ask for His salvation from His creation when they themselves wrought its destruction.

While I despise the Irish famine, I despise the absolute desecration of the Emerald Isles more. Luckily, the forestry areas of Ireland went from some 1% to 11% or so in less than half a century. Now if many more people would just decide to join the movement, that'd be great.

For I dream of the day that light would slither through the rooftop of branches of tall trees and hit me there and then, as I have lived long enough to witness the resurrection of the once lost. Yet reality crashes onto me and tells me that such a dream will remain a dream, as what once was would never be witnessed again. Though I see, I believe that it can one day again proudly call itself emerald. However humanity can not say the same, as humanity was once priceless, the same humanity thus became expandable today.
What drugs are you taking Tensa? Quick quick, I need some to bring with me on my holiday.
The freezer door's been ajar for like four hours and I only just now realized it aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
I'm outraged, just this week I removed 5 chigoe flea, wtf is this, just a guess, it all started with the cats, since I noticed in their paws and they stay out almost all day, they should bring it home, my foot is full of tiny holes.
AHHHH OMG WTF I'M LITERALLY SQUEALING (I have huge trypophobia)

If I ever saw u I'd run away I can't with holes I'm sorry
RyuZU said:
I'm outraged, just this week I removed 5 chigoe flea, wtf is this, just a guess, it all started with the cats, since I noticed in their paws and they stay out almost all day, they should bring it home, my foot is full of tiny holes.
Our cats are strictly indoor kitties, they live a happy life, they are not endanger of being hit by a car, getting into debilitating fights with other toms.....and those fleas
Our poor cat, rest her soul, was an indoor/outdoor cat. Somehow she never had a flea problem. And the dog we have now doesn't have fleas either, which I think is kinda weird since our other dachshund, rest her soul, got 'em every summer.

Fleas are little cunts.
mattiasc02 said:
AHHHH OMG WTF I'M LITERALLY SQUEALING (I have huge trypophobia)
I think I have bit of that too, when I see images like this my body shivers.

If I ever saw u I'd run away I can't with holes I'm sorry
xD, they are very small, just looking closely to realize, in a short time disappears.

Kiho said:
Our cats are strictly indoor kitties, they live a happy life, they are not endanger of being hit by a car, getting into debilitating fights with other toms.....and those fleas
If I left them indoors it would be a mess, just like the first cats I had in 2016, there are already 2 male Shih Tzu indoors, they give a lot of work.

Today I was surprised that there was a child crying in front of the house, after I asked my mother who was crying, she said it was the neighbor's daughter who took the cat was scratched in the eyebrow.

otaku_emmy said:
Our poor cat, rest her soul, was an indoor/outdoor cat. Somehow she never had a flea problem. And the dog we have now doesn't have fleas either, which I think is kinda weird since our other dachshund, rest her soul, got 'em every summer.

Fleas are little cunts.
I never noticed if the cats have fleas , then I'll look, but the dogs have, ticks too, I noticed some, but very little compared to fleas, a medicine that I bought in late march to kill "Myiasis" that gave my dog, ended up killing the fleas too, speaking of myiasis, I don't good memories of that thing, neither "Berne", berne reaches ridiculous sizes, that I remember saw only 2 times, It's a dog of mine, but it was removed before it was in critical condition, and the dog of the neighbor who died with a giant hole in it, unfortunately sometimes you do not realize that have in the animals, when you realize it is too late.
My dad has/had 12 polyps in his ass.

My eyesight has gotten worse. Also, it turns out I have astigmatism in BOTH eyes. Have had the entire time. The optometrist assistant lady said I had "football eyes". Which honestly cracks me up. The wording of it. But at the same time I don't want to lose vision. My eye pressure was high today, so the doctor wants to check it again in two months.

I need to eat better...
otaku_emmy said:
I need to eat better...
Does that effect eyesight?
traz64 said:
Does that effect eyesight?
Being fat does.

Edit: I'd still have fucking football eyes though. XD
Astigmatism is a problem of how the eye focuses light typically caused by a defect in the lens, resulting in distorted images. Astigmatism is not an eye disease or health problem. While it can cause blurred vision, eye strain, and headaches, particularly after prolonged reading, it does not cause blindness.
However, this feeling usually goes away when they get used to their new glasses. In cases of severe astigmatism this can take a week or so. Astigmatism can change over time as it only reflects the shape of the cornea, or the front window of your eye.In some eyes it can change more than expected.
Went to google.
You're fine.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Went to google.
You're fine.
Yeah sure. There's obviously no long term issues here and she's only worried about the astigmatism.

I'm looking into getting Lasik to fix my vision. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't allow for it the first year I'm on it.
Lasik is great if it is successful....if it is not, you may lose you ability to drive at night because of glare sensitivity or your vision may become very low contrast (washed out). Further, you will lose lens flexibility sooner, so your ability to focus from near to far will become limited as you grow older.
I graduated from the leadership program I was in at work. Unfortunately I had let my dad take some pictures without checking his work. Apparently he uses some 3rd party camera app that absolutely destroys the image quality. The man was technologically literate until the moment he retired. Then that went completely out the window.