Last movie I saw was Batman a couple of years ago. Umm... new movies I mean. Haven't watched anything new at all for so long.
funny that I follow a movie reviewer so I'm "up to date" with movies which are good/bad, and lets not forget the ads I see when I'm in town but other than that I have a large list of movies I need to watch. And of course those series such as breaking dawn and game of thrones I have yet to watch.

I guess anime, manga, VN and video games in general takes all that space instead so I don't allways the time to watch them.
Go and watch 'Knight of Badassdom' and 'I am a cyborg, but that's OK' :p

Don't worry Fluffy. I have a large list of movies I 'have to watch'. But I won't, because anime is better than movies imo. Unless something like HP or LOTR comes out, I won't bother.
I recommend Pacific Rim. If you want a good story, you'll be disappointed. If you want to see giant robots brawling with giant monsters, you'll have a good time.
I like a good movie. I'm used to watching at least 1 or 2 movies every week. Grew used to it at home, me and my dad like to watch movies.
Luckily I managed to download 4 movies yesterday in a few hours time, so I got a few to watch.
One of those being Thor 2!
If anyone wants their day ruined I suggest watching Threads. It's a movie from the 80's about the after affects of the Soviet Union nuking England and it's so mercilessly grim and depressing.

Spoiler alert: There is no happy ending...
Just came back from watching The Monuments Men. Spectacular movie, I highly recommend it. It's it never ceases to amaze me the amount of evil that one man can commit.
^watching good torrents

Anybody here seen 'American Hustle'?
I just watched it.
10/10, truly golden. What a master piece. The story is incredible, it stays exciting throughout the whole 2hrs+. The actors truly show an amazing feat. Even Jeniffer Lawrence. Yes from The Hunger Games. Does something I'd never imagined her playing. It's perfect.
Praise the movie lord.
I do believe some of my housemates(again) have watched that. They said the same things. Not the exact words 'course or I'd jump straight into the nearest ward
Who here besides me has watched Cloud Atlas? Any opinions on it?

I rated it 38/40.
Have yet to watch that movie. I do have it on my computer however, but never had the time to watch it.
No. Will add to the download list :D

About my experience for Kaze Tachinu yesterday... Ok so let me start by saying this was a great movie experience. Unlike normal where you enter the cinema and it's filled with people making noise and terrible music and commercials playing. This was good. Almost no people in the room, eventhough it was the first screening day. And only Japanese related stuff before the movie screened. Apparently Kiki's delivery service will get a real life adaption. Here follows the story of [Kaze Tachinu]. Don't click if you plan on watching the movie any time soon. Don't worry too much if you will wait for a western release, since that might be quite a while away.

unspoil

All in all a beautiful movie. The time span of the movie is a bit big which makes some time periods a bit too fast. But the overall pace is really pleasant. Like every Ghibli movie all characters are lovable. Music is great. Animation is wonderful. And the story is touching.
Not the best Ghibli I've watched though. It's a bit boring if you compare it to the rest. Doesn't make it bad though.
Cade said:
Threads
Threads is great, if you enjoyed it also check out The Day After (US nuked instead of UK) and Fail-Safe (second only to The Hunt for Red October in suspension, no happy ending). And why not WarGames, although the style is very different.

I watched The Bay last week. A mockumentary about a new kind of "disease" hitting a town. Not a film I'd recommend but it does have that haunting feeling for fans of disaster "documentaries".
Godddddzilllaaaa
Which has a bad, boring story,
but has the most epic fight scene between monsters - ever.

Watch it in 3D for the added effects.
I don't think anybody expects great story from Godzilla. *rushes off to pirate Godzilla*
47 ronin. I used to like keanu reaves but this movie was mediocre at best. Predictable as fuck. To many place jumps. Lame story. And certain parts felt like they were stolen from movies like lord of the rings.
Cried manly tears watching Korean Drama 'Hope' (So-Won)
About a 9y/o girl who gets abused and raped and the process of recovering which makes her family grow closer together.
Apparently made after a true story. Brrr.
I watched a Bollywood movie.
3 idiots.

All I can say. Watch it. This movie was absolutely amazing.
I was going through some of my old browser bookmarks looking for music to download and funny videos I haven't seen in forever, and through following some links I found out that Qui-Gon Jinn pimp-slapped Darth Maul off a cliff in The Phantom Menace. I like him even more now. =)
Artwork said:
I watched Kaze Tachinu.....a great movie experience...
Yes! An excellent movie - and an interesting view into pre WWII Japanese culture and history of which I received not even a minute of coverage in history class. I would also recommend Grave of the Fireflies (火垂るの墓, Hotaru no haka) also from Ghibli

Yunocchi said:
Threads is great, if you enjoyed it also check out The Day After (US nuked instead of UK) and Fail-Safe (second only to The Hunt for Red October in suspension, no happy ending). And why not WarGames, although the style is very different.
Any discussion of Nuclear holocaust movies needs a good theme song and
Смысловые Галлюцинации - Последний День Земли
(Semantic Hallucinations - The Last Day Of The Earth)
is just the ticket (the video in 3 minutes perfectly sets the mood)
Note: Russian language understanding is not needed as the video tells the story very well

Hunt for Red October - If only Sean Connery would have put a little effort into learning to speak his Russian lines.... And, the uniforms, they are a mismatch of whatever was laying around in the back room!
I watched a really good 'Russian Submarine movie' - '72 meters' (72 метрa) at a friends house about a year ago - on cable with English subtitles, proper Russian and correct Uniforms. Not a happy Hollywood ending, but very believable, suspenseful. The stories the sailors tell each other while passing time and the flash backs are interesting and/or humorous - makes the movie very watchable and gave me a view into Russian recent history and culture. Not something you get from 'Hunt for Red October'.

Yunocchi said:
I watched The Bay last week. A mockumentary about a new kind of "disease" hitting a town. Not a film I'd recommend but it does have that haunting feeling for fans of disaster "documentaries".
Mockumentary (I have just added a new word to my vocabulary - Loving it!) 'disease' movies: I enjoyed this gem from New Zealand, 'Black Sheep' Best Tag Line is both serious and hilarious and takes no prisoners - in a humorous way. Warning: lots of gore and blood - but not more than in 'Dawn of the Dead'

One of those time forgotten gems (and with contagious zombies walking around - definitely in the genre) Dawn of the Dead - free on demand on youtube Dark humor. The acting is 70's, but much better than I expected - and not a Hollywood ending. If you can suspend believe re zombies, the story line is chilling - how society and authority break down. A good backup for a Friday night when there is nothing else to watch. And for those who like movies with guns - 'Dawn of the Dead' has lots of them! (Thinking of you TommyGunn!) I always wanted one of those Winchester lever actions in 30-30. Anyone seen Shawn of the Dead?
Kiho said:
not a Hollywood ending.
The Italian version provides that alternative.
Cade said:
The Italian version provides that alternative.
The Italian version of which movie Cade? (I am afraid I listed a few movies in my rambling!)

Italy has put out some really good movies. Sergio Leone's 'A Fist Full of Dynamite' aka 'Duck You Sucker' is definitely worth a watch and definitely does not have a Hollywood ending. It also gives a glimpse into the history of the Mexican Revolution (another important moment in history that was not covered, even for a minute in my history classes) There are a lot of little details in the movie that give the impression that Leone really did his research such as the title of the book John Mallory is reading at one point.

Edit: A few little known facts about this version of Dawn of the Dead - free on demand on youtube Yeah, there are many remakes of this '78 cult film.

It was filmed in the Monroeville mall, east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. My friend grew up around there and knew (well as in a distant acquaintance) several of the people who took part in the movie as extras. They got $20 for the opportunity to walk around like a zombie :) Hey, at the time it was not bad pocket money for a highschool student to make on a Sunday (Monroeville had blue laws at the time and the mall was not open on Sundays - one of the reasons the location was selected) Well, it was fun to have have some of these extras pointed out and listen to stories about the mall as it was back then. Since then the mall has been totally renovated and you would not recognize it from seeing the movie.
Kiho said:
Dawn of the Dead - free on demand on youtube Dark humor. The acting is 70's, but much better than I expected - and not a Hollywood ending.
>_>
I just saw this topic exist and it isn't closed, so gotta post:
Not last movie i saw, but still one of my favorites, though it isn't very popular V/H/S.
It's kinda gore / terror, not high budget actors or effects, but at least it has a very unique style of... storytelling.
This is just a slow topic. Anime > movies for most.

Anyway my dad is in America for work. My bro is at his gf. So it was just me and mom tonight.
I 'made' her watch a Korean movie with me 'Miracle in cell no. 7' - mom cried buckets. So this movie is mom approved. Also gets my approval. Absolutely beautiful drama - comedy. If you can stand Korean stuff, must watch.

Now time to continue my Korean drama.
Imaginaerum (IMDB link)

A Finish movie backed by music from Nightwish. A journey through the childhood dreams/nightmares of a dying man struggling to to escape his dementia in time to be able to mend his estranged relationship with his daughter.

Not a Hollywood movie, this is an artistic film with imagery that will take your breath away.

A warning for Artwork - your mom will definitely cry buckets. A beautiful film though.
The most recent movie I watched was 1408, based on Stephen King's short story.

It was actually pretty good. While the ending wasn't true to King's story (the director made three), I feel that it tied up the story nicely. It's pretty trippy.
Kiho said:
Imaginaerum (IMDB link)

A Finish movie backed by music from Nightwish. A journey through the childhood dreams/nightmares of a dying man struggling to to escape his dementia in time to be able to mend his estranged relationship with his daughter.

Not a Hollywood movie, this is an artistic film with imagery that will take your breath away.

A warning for Artwork - your mom will definitely cry buckets. A beautiful film though.
Mom isn't all too keen on watching sad movies. I told her the last one we watched was a comedy (She cries too quickly and gets sore skin around her eyes). But I'll add it to my own list.
Artwork said:
Mom isn't all too keen on watching sad movies. I told her the last one we watched was a comedy (She cries too quickly and gets sore skin around her eyes). But I'll add it to my own list.
Imaginearum is not a sad movie in that the old man manages to return to sanity in time to reconcile with his daughter before he dies. But the moments leading up to this event are dramatic and very emotional as are some of the dream sequences. (Not to say that there are no sad moments in the movie (It would not be a drama if there was not this tension); I don't want to mention any spoilers here). But I would say the movie has a happy ending given the situation that was set up in the beginning.