Etiquette Do-not-do guide:
Use of obviously explicit (rating:e) avatars.
  • Your avatar COULD originate FROM a rating:e post; the avatar itself MUST not depict what makes that post explicit.
  • Explicit avatars are changed immediately by the Mods to whatever image they wish at their discretion/whim.
  • Repeatedly using explicit avatars will get you banned.
  • Your avatar can be questionable, but only borderline safe-questionable. eg. cleavage.
These are the current guidelines concerning avatar content. Given the existence of the Safe .net site, I feel these guidelines are outdated, i.e. too loose.

As the content of avatars is visible on the safe site as well, I believe it's necessary that what's in the Avatar be safe too. As before, it can originate from an explicit image, but what's visible needs to be safe. Personally, I still think cleavage is fine, but close up pantyshots and the like I find questionable. Feel free to argue the point.

Regardless, I'd propose clearer language to cement this idea in the guidelines. An adjustment such as the following:

• Use of obviously unsafe avatars.
    • Your avatar CAN originate from a questionable or explicit post, but the avatar itself must not depict what makes the post explicit or questionable. (Rule of thumb: if the avatar were rated seperately, would it be rated safe?)
    • There is some gray area with questionable avatars. Cleavage, for example, may be considered perfectly acceptable. Final decisions on avatars are left to the Mods.
    • Violating avatars will be changed immediately by the Mods to whatever image they wish at their discretion/whim.
    • Repeatedly using unsafe avatars will get you banned.
Or something along those lines. I understand it might not be all that favorable to some, but I'm simply trying to be as respectful to those who use the all ages site as possible.