Horror movies eehh
minabiStrikesAgain said:

@Artwork, can you recommend some horror movies to me? And horror anime series, too. I haven't found one that I liked since Another =/
Hmmm. Well we watched 'Sinister' and '[REC]'. Sinister had a compelling story, was well writting and acting was actually not bad. (I say this because in my opinion most American horror movies lack one important thing, good acting.) It's hard for me to say if it was actually scary. I now compare each and every horror movie to one of the first horrors I watched when I was younger. I was a scared chicken at the time so nothing scares me as much as it did then. But it had some really good parts and the story really makes the movie feel creepy and... sinister all the time.
[REC] is a Spanish horror movie, and a serious good one at that. It's a story about a reporter (Hella cute girl really) who wants to make a short docu about the life of the night firefighters. She jokes around about wanting to hear the alarm go off and a bit later it does. They're rushed to a flat building where all hell breaks loose. This is one of the best horrors I've seen in a while. It's a shame it's only 1 hour and 15 minutes long. The acting is superb! It all seems so real, as if it actually did happen and some people just found the tape. If you're OK with spanish, watch it. There is of course an American version made, Quarantine. Though I suggest staying with the original. I heard not many things changed, a few genders were swapped around but you don't want to miss the good acting in the original. There's also a 2nd part which follows up, I will watch it somewhere this week. (Just see there's also a 3rd and 4th upcoming, but with different stories.)

I assume you're also OK with Japanese stuff, and hopefully you don't mind trying Korean stuff. There's quite a bunch of good asian horrors.
Reincarnation (Rinne) (JPN)
The Cat (KOR) - (I almost cried at the end, should tell you something.)
Battle Royale (JPN) - Not really horror, but a really well known JPNs slaughter fest.
A Tale of Two Sisters (KOR) - The usual horror stuff really, but better.