That's good.
Feels like apocalypse in my country. Always hoped for zombies as reason. Wanted to fight them. :<
Update: They ARE doing the restaurant thing as of 5 PM today (3/17) in North Carolina now. Takeout/drive-thru and delivery only.
otaku_emmy said:
Things aren't that bad here in NC, imo. We haven't started mandatory business closings or limited grocery shopping (yet). "Social distancing" is being recommended, but it's not...like you'll be shot if you go outside.

You should be fine. 👍
That's good to know, although it's better to be safe than sorry. Considering I rarely venture out while visiting family (unless it's some family reunion or something) I probably be safe from catching it. It's the 6+ car ride that going to be a real bitch.

BattlequeenYume said:
That's good.
Feels like apocalypse in my country. Always hoped for zombies as reason. Wanted to fight them. :<
Hopefully you're doing alright where ever you live. Almost everyone I know want a zombie apocalypse for one reason or another. Bashing zombies skull in would be rad, unless there the fast kind. I'm fucked if they're the fast runner.
I would 100% rather BE a zombie. I'd be so game for that.
Woo. I get to work from home now. Time to not wear pants for a few weeks.
traz64 said:
Woo. I get to work from home now. Time to not wear pants for a few weeks.
The real reason liqueur stores were closed in PA....so that people on mandatory telecommute would remain sober.....FYI: The UK mobile phone system crashed yesterday because of telecommuter overload.
Fepple said:
Hopefully you're doing alright where ever you live. Almost everyone I know want a zombie apocalypse for one reason or another. Bashing zombies skull in would be rad, unless there the fast kind. I'm fucked if they're the fast runner.
I'm fine for now, thank you :3
Well I trained so many years in killing zombies in games, so I think I could handle it. But when they are fast that would be a problem. Need a nice machete before that happend.
Well, every con through the end of May is cancelled :(
On shit, I totally forgot about the biggish anime convention around here. Triad Anime Convention. They probably cancelled it too. :/
The vast majority of Covid-19 cases in Russia have been returned Tourists (in quarantine) from Europe (especially Italy :( But with nearly 200 active cases, the sense of panic is in the air. The gym I regularly train at was uncomfortably empty today. It is a shame, because good physical health is the first defense against sickness.
At least they are open. You can't going to a gym in my country bc such activities are closed at the moment. Just like cinema, musicals...they even closed children's playgrounds yesterday.
Kiho said:
It is a shame, because good physical health is the first defense against sickness.
If I know anything about real gym rats/fitness enthusiasts, it's that they can and will get creative at home.

Of course, there aren't substitutes for a lot of the gym equipment but by golly they make do!
I'm gone for a couple of days after nothing happens, and when I come back it's all alive again.

I should do this more often.

BattlequeenYume said:
That's good.
Over here we have the exact opposite.
The government wants to establish "Group Immunity" by controlling the virus.
Old Uncle Don is having a malaria drug tested to see if it can treat the Covid-19.

He's also supposed to send taxpayers checks (not him personally, but you get what I meant) to help with people not being able to work. I hope they actually go through with it...
My internet is slow, probably because of the virus, a lot of traffic, tomorrow I'll call the company to confirm.

Japan 943 cases the moment I opened the link, I think the government is lying because of the Olympics.

Here 621 cases hmmm
Russia has begun testing several vaccines this week. Other countries (for sure China and Germany) probably have some number of trials going as well. If any of them provide even partial immunity (ie convert serious cases into mild cases) that will be the win.

otaku_emmy said:
If I know anything about real gym rats/fitness enthusiasts, it's that they can and will get creative at home.
It is not the gym rats that will lose out. There are quite a few "less than athletic" people that work out at my gym. It is really easy to get used to not going and giving up.

FYI: Power Zone (the gym where I work out) had sent out a notice to members that they are now providing free hand sanitizer and doing regular disinfectant cleaning of the gym. Well, maybe this will help keep people coming.
Seeing as the discord link has expired, could we get a new one?
I refuse to tackle your autism on my own. Cade you really need to rejoin before the window licking newfags kill us.
Cade, did you read TommyGunn's plea? We are desperately in need of your caustic cynicism. (which I do appreciate....even when I am the deserved target :). Hope all is well with you.
Who deletes their message? *cocks gun*
Rupture of the dam last year in Brumadinho, now with zoom, there were people on top of it.
RyuZU said:
Rupture of the dam last year in Brumadinho, now with zoom, there were people on top of it.
That was one of the worst things I've ever seen.
otaku_emmy said:
That was one of the worst things I've ever seen.
I imagine the desperation of these people, the company is the same of the disaster in 2015, there is still a lot of dam at risk, where I live I think there’s no dam fortunately, and of course, there was corruption involved, Brazil is synonymous with corruption.

before and after GIF

Satellite image
How many people did it kill?
Although Mariana's disaster was the biggest environmental disaster in brazil, it only killed 19 people fortunately, and the Brumadinho disaster killed 259 people.