otaku_emmy said:
When you trynna post music links and YouTube gets the 'rona. #firstworldproblems #ronajokes #youtubedown #relatable #tf #kawaii
It was down for like 2 minutes.
traz64 said:
It was down for like 2 minutes.
Really? For me it was a lot longer. At least ten (I gave up checking and watched anime instead).

I was being overly dramatic anyways. Kinda...like a parody. I do mention it every time it happens. :p

And I stole the 'rona joke if I'm being honest.
It seems that I have Misophonia.

Noises of spoons, knives or forks colliding bothers my teeth and me, I found a case on reddit that is exactly mine, this noise makes me automatically clench my teeth tightly as if I were biting something, it's strange, I hate it, this reaction it's like a reflex, it happened today so I went looking about, I’ve known this for years, but I’ve never researched about it.
It's like...anti ASMR.

Though I wonder if there are people who aren't bothered by ANY sounds?

It'd suck to be that heavily influenced by sound. Like, our brains suck so much sometimes. And there's not even a sufficiently studied treatment for it.
otaku_emmy said:
It's like...anti ASMR.
+- something like that, I never liked ASMR of any kind, maybe that would explain.

Though I wonder if there are people who aren't bothered by ANY sounds?
I think at least one everyone must have, I mean like a fear.

It'd suck to be that heavily influenced by sound. Like, our brains suck so much sometimes. And there's not even a sufficiently studied treatment for it.
Yeah
Lots of people dislike things marketed as ASMR. I think they just haven't found the right triggers.

A lot of stuff labeled ASMR makes my skin crawl. XD
RyuZU said:
It seems that I have Misophonia.

Noises of spoons, knives or forks colliding bothers my teeth and me, I found a case on reddit that is exactly mine, this noise makes me automatically clench my teeth tightly as if I were biting something, it's strange, I hate it, this reaction it's like a reflex, it happened today so I went looking about, I’ve known this for years, but I’ve never researched about it.
Squeaky glasses and plates. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

RyuZU said:
I think at least one everyone must have, I mean like a fear.
The sounds of socializing.

otaku_emmy said:
Lots of people dislike things marketed as ASMR. I think they just haven't found the right triggers.

A lot of stuff labeled ASMR makes my skin crawl. XD
I just don't get why people call it satisfying.
Just like with those satisfying vids.

But maybe I'm just dead inside.
This forum is dying.

Quick! Say something weird!
First thing off the top of my head?

...Cockcake, I guess.
Cockcake?
This strange name of what appears to be cake intrigues me. Please explain.
Well it's like a cupcake, but I replaced the "cup" part with "cock". In this instance I am referring to the male genitalia, and not a rooster.

It was meant to be purely nonsensical.

They do make penis cakes though. And I'm sure someone's put their peepee on or in a cake before.
Sure you don't just want a cock in your cake? 😏
traz64 said:
Sure you don't just want a cock in your cake? 😏
Whoa the text boxes look diff'ernt now. Weird.

Anyway, it was probably partially subliminal. I'm in another unhealthy crush phase, and cake is always good. So yeah.

I forgot to mention that what ACTUALLY came in to my mind first was CUCKcake. It sounds the most like "cupcake".
Well, let me add cockcake to my list of bad pickup lines.
otaku_emmy said:
Whoa the text boxes look diff'ernt now. Weird.
That must be a difference in whatever you're using to view this site. Everything's the same for me and I doubt Slayerduck's pushing updates.
traz64 said:
That must be a difference in whatever you're using to view this site. Everything's the same for me and I doubt Slayerduck's pushing updates.
Maybe it's a Chrome thing? It did start doing it after an update.

There's a border around this box that reminds me of one in the old Pokemon games.

Edit: The search boxes and tag boxes also have a border now, and instead of being filled in with black, ratings bubbles and the squares below images (like "Shown in index") are blue.

Edit 2: Yeah, it's gotta be a Chrome thing. There's new borders around text boxes on other sites now too.
Just something fun since we are on the topic.

Here is how forum looks like using lynx on my 16 color terminal.
I have a tendency to use it on certain occasions (only text based) giving the state in which the web now is. Bloated garbage.

Also, as you can tell I am pretty new to all this imageboard stuff. Two month ago I had no idea pixiv.net or any other sites existed. And it makes me wonder in particular how terrible pixiv.net is. I don't have any explanation as to why artists use that as their platform, their front end and ux just looks cringe. And that's only scratching the surface but I could go much deeper. Perhaps they find some benefits or just a herd effect.

So I just figured out how to curl a json request to their public api and download based on timestamps and tags, I can view and filter images locally how I want (quite boring).
I would just wish that people built their software more long lasting and thought out. I use a lot of unix programs from 1980* and they still work perfectly, they never age. Could I guarantee that my download script for pixiv works 10 years from now? Tough question. So my general mood is being disappointed all the time.

I am being nostalgic or is it true that old things are generally better than what comes out next day? I tend to see this everywhere even beyond software field. It is like a lot of depth of thought has been put on, and it was able to withstand the flow of time.

Coming back to
otaku_emmy said:
Maybe it's a Chrome thing? It did start doing it after an update.
Was it really necessary for them to make that change? Is there even slight reason to change things that already work just to cause potential problems in the future? I'd always say - keep defaults permanent. There is no reason to change that unless user wants to do it himself. It's not like refactoring code for performance requires visual change.

Last thing, W3C has grew to be something rediculos that no person will have enough time to ever read but it keeps growing. Sigh :/
I missed it at first, but I see what you mean now. It's the highlighting for an active textbox or input that has changed. And also checked checkboxes and radio buttons.

That seems rather messed up though... That considerably changes the look of sites, which I think is overstepping their bounds. It just means more work for each website developer to achieve a uniform appearance across all browsers...

*Edit
kyxor said:
Could I guarantee that my download script for pixiv works 10 years from now?
No. Pixiv is constantly changing their code to keep scripts from working. Or at least they were until I finally gave up on browsing the site. Toward the end, I was having to re-write scripts at least twice a month.
Yeah, I have NO idea why they even had the idea to do it. It was totally unnecessary.
It's also here on the mobile version.

But as for why it changed?
Google did a dumdum.
Today a man threatened to kill himself in the city center, he climbed on top of a building and he was armed with a crossbow and a knife, at first I thought it was strange, a crossbow? wtf, but then started circulating videos and his photo on whatsapp and my brother sent the files, in fact it was a crossbow, the mp, bope agents and ambulance were mobilized and closed the street until everything was resolved, in the end he surrendered, about the man, apparently he has mental problems.
RyuZU said:
Today a man threatened to kill himself in the city center, he climbed on top of a building and he was armed with a crossbow and a knife, at first I thought it was strange, a crossbow? wtf, but then started circulating videos and his photo on whatsapp and my brother sent the files, in fact it was a crossbow, the mp, bope agents and ambulance were mobilized and closed the street until everything was resolved, in the end he surrendered, about the man, apparently he has mental problems.
Sad to hear things like this happen and people still think mental illness is a joke.
But I really don't get the crossbow part. I know mental problems can impair normal thinking, but what exactly would he have done with it?
Xenion said:
Sad to hear things like this happen and people still think mental illness is a joke.
I wasn't joking, but I think there was a connection in this case.

But I really don't get the crossbow part. I know mental problems can impair normal thinking, but what exactly would he have done with it?
It seems to be difficult to shoot yourself with this weapon, but I'm not sure, I don't know much about weapons, so I think it was to threaten anyone who came near him, I think he just used this one because there was no other one, if he had a gun, he would probably use it.
Xenion said:
but what exactly would he have done with it?
A potential deterrent? To stop people from getting too close to him?
"Normal thinking" is such a social construct. I'll smile and be happy at anything crazy like that.
I know a handful of u guys don't care about pop culture but have you guys heard of what happened with Doja Cat??? e-x-p-o-s-e-d

I'm sure cade would wanna wife her tho LOL ;)
Pfffffffft. I swear.

Why do would-be-celebs do this dumb shit knowin' people are gonna find out about it later? Imagine being that big of a piece of shit. Having that big of an ego.

And she's mixed race too!

P.S. Oh and the "Say So" remix fucking sucks. Periodt.
otaku_emmy said:
And she's mixed race too!
Mutts always have crippling identity issues.
Cade said:
Mutts always have crippling identity issues.
It honestly sounds like it. In that regard, I pity her. She hates an entire part of herself. Part of her own identity. And it's obviously something that goes a lot deeper than, say, a white celeb letting the "n" word slip in frustration or something.

(The homophobia stuff is less of a concern to me personally. I feel like everyone's been homophobic before. Even people within the community.)
What the fuck are you all talking about