otaku_emmy said:
... but - Covid-19 does legit only kill, like, ~1% of the people who get it. Around 80% of those infected with the coronavirus, or four out of every five, have no severe symptoms or lasting internal damage.
And it varies greatly by age. In his age group, only 0.1% or so die.
It just seems like people are so...jumpy these days. About lots of stuff. We're either eager to get angry or eager to be afraid.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be angry or afraid of things, but at what point do we let that overtake us? Why do we let it consume us?
Don't forget to keep in mind that some people pick fights with others more frequently these days are much much more eager to bait/taunt someone.
I've actually evolved over the years on my view of trolling or aggressive behavior online. Sometimes I think it's very funny. I think that's because I'm becoming meaner in my old age. I like seeing certain people get ripped-the-fuck in to.

But there's a big difference between flat-out bullying and warranted ball-busting.

Cancel culture is getting out of hand too. They got my girl Jenna. But that's a whole nuther bag of nasty, wriggling worms.
I'm personally upset about the heavy amount of people that just won't let you have your opnion without berating or insulting or mocking you to oblivion with it, And if you decide to show even a single point of weakness or show emotion in a way your want to express yourself people get all over you too.
I used to be super scared of people like that. Cuz I have been BLASTED for voicing personal opinions before. I'm still scared of it, honestly. It's the fear of being judged, even if I know I'm right about something.

But it feels good to be a sarcastic bitch to someone when they're being dumb. Even better when other people back you up.
Zolxys said:
Well, congratulations on your recovery a couple weeks from now...
I hope so. And most likely anyways haha. But I do live with people T.T

otaku_emmy said:
Man. I hate to be that guy - especially since people will think you're a "Trumper" or something if you talk about it, but - Covid-19 does legit only kill, like, ~1% of the people who get it. Around 80% of those infected with the coronavirus, or four out of every five, have no severe symptoms or lasting internal damage.

I even checked the CDC website awhile ago to be sure, but roughly 39~56 million people get the common flu in the US alone each year. 410~740 thousand of those cases require hospitalization. Up to 62,000 people die from the flu.

I guess the difference is that it's been with us forever so we're used to it, and we have a vaccine for it.
But my mommy is not the youngest and my daddie's 80th anniversary is soon T.T

Lol but people who think you’re a Trumper wouldn’t even make sense. How can what you said be a “trumper” statement when it didn’t even come from Trump in the first place?

And even if it did, it still doesn’t always mean you’re a trumper. Like if trump ever said “I don’t wanna die” I’d agree with him, because I don’t wanna die duh not cuz I’m a trumper.

otaku_emmy said:
I've actually evolved over the years on my view of trolling or aggressive behavior online. Sometimes I think it's very funny. I think that's because I'm becoming meaner in my old age. I like seeing certain people get ripped-the-fuck in to.

But there's a big difference between flat-out bullying and warranted ball-busting.

I used to be super scared of people like that. Cuz I have been BLASTED for voicing personal opinions before. I'm still scared of it, honestly. It's the fear of being judged, even if I know I'm right about something.

But it feels good to be a sarcastic bitch to someone when they're being dumb. Even better when other people back you up.

Cancel culture is getting out of hand too. They got my girl Jenna. But that's a whole nuther bag of nasty, wriggling worms.
In my honest opinion, I just rise above it. Like, I won’t care what they gotta say, because in my opinion there is no reason to get so hasty about someone’s opinion unless it’s something moral incorrect.

It is true however that sometimes, people do get heated because sometimes it hits a really sensitive soft spot for some people (kind of like how vf.nightcore would get specially ree’d over people being like “omg smoking eww” and I totally understand vf.nightcore's feelings for that. Or people that really hate weed because they simply experienced someone who was into drugs that didn't even have to be weed, but that emotional trauma is still with them to react hastily)

But sometimes, people also get heated because they… *sigh* I don’t even know. The way they were raised? Maybe their parents talked to them very politically since they were young children and they or their parents never really allowed them the chance to grow and discover. (I know a kid like this. Ugh… he’d… really get mad at me… for literally saying things I’ve literally EXPERIENCED FIRST HAND)

PrimalAgony said:
I'm personally upset about the heavy amount of people that just won't let you have your opnion without berating or insulting or mocking you to oblivion with it, And if you decide to show even a single point of weakness or show emotion in a way your want to express yourself people get all over you too.
Yeah I agree. I am a jokester though…. And you do seem to have trouble with people like that, so I respect that.

Edit: but yea emmy don't be afriad. Say what you gotta say. People who get triggered by your OPINION for fucks sake, you can filter them out your mind and *sings* dooon't care what they sayyy
Mattias, you NEEEEEED to start condensing your posts.
Yea seriously that's too much.
Sorry I was just responding to various things
You could start be being more selective about what you quote. In most cases, you should only need to quote one or two specific lines for context.
mattiasc02 said:
Sorry I was just responding to various things
You can still hide it all with spoilers. :p
spoiler
Now you know how to feel like me, when posting a drawing, bc Matti asked for it, and didn't said anything.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You didn't even noticed it?
Well that's even better. OTL
Oh I saw. And yours DOES look better. Mine deserved to be replaced since you uplaoaded a better one

But also I feel like replacing every (old) border posts from here on out wouldn’t be a wise idea (hypothetically speaking) Like, now I’m being more vigilant on my posts with borders and stuff, since it seems like the border less version is really preferred here on konachan. (I’m very black and white, it’s either borders or no borders. Can’t be both). Let’s all just focus on the present and the future. Like, if one of us sees a black bordered post posted within minutes, we can say something.

And… um… you’re really taking this emotionally XD. Jusssst… saying
Nooo I don't mean this. I posted a link in the *how was your day* thread. From an image I draw. A sketch.

Cropped images thing: I just did it bc I wanted revenge. I'm sometimes childish too and I have to work on that..
LMAOOOOOOO

I just was confused when you said “how you feel like me” “he was asking for it”

And that drawing ISSSS good. Like, really professionally outlineD lmao

And I know. I always try to play notice me senpai with Emmy but she never… gives me what I want >.<
Thank you :3

I really liked the drawing when I finished it but now...I don't like it so much anymore. Talking about self-criticism. Ugh
Uhh… show it again? XD sorry I just don’t know where to find it
BattlequeenYume said:
Edit: Found it. Here Matti: https://ibb.co/ftkTJgZ
I have a Deviantart account as well. But the last time I uploaded there was in 2014..*sigh*
Still a sketch though. Haven't uploaded the finished version here.

Time for bed now.
Good night
Great perspective in the cataracts

Looks really nice. And goodnight! Sleep tight!
SpaceX ANASIS-II Mission, I have nothing better to do, I'll watch the launch.
mattiasc02 said:
I would feel uncomfortable knowing my personality existing in another reality.
Umm, this wasn't about creating a copy of yourself in a virtual reality while continuing to live in the real world... Most people would have a problem with copies of themselves being made. Though possibly not so much if it were only in a world that you could never have any interaction with.

mattiasc02 said:
If someone were to die, can they just live the rest of their lives in THAT virtual reality?
Your mind won't last long once your body dies. You can't transfer something that no longer exists...

otaku_emmy said:
However, some people argue that imprint isn't really you, and you're not really "alive".
mattiasc02 said:
And I agree. I disagree that it’s alive. It’s a simulation, and I don’t count simulations as lives… I think.
I know nothing about that game. But this general subject is one for which I've always felt my views differ greatly from most.

NOTE: The viewpoint I'm about to expound on assumes there is no afterlife.
teeny tiny weeny whiny

And I’m wondering why Cade chose to change his avatar lol. His avatar was lookin so sassy and mean with that anime girl lifting her chin up. Now it’s just sweet peaches.
mattiasc02 said:
If someone were to die, can they just live the rest of their lives in THAT virtual reality?
---
But what if it was already transferred?
If their mind has already been transferred to a virtual world, then what do you mean by "If someone were to die". If their mind has been transferred to a virtual world, they're no longer in the real world and can't experience a death in the real world.
Seems like Zolxys read my mind, as all of his points mirror my own that I have thought long before this moment. Though I find them quite obvious but very fascinating.

Lets see if you can read my next thought, what do you guys think of meaning of time in this universe? If anybody has worked out or prefers a certain philosophy on the subject feel free to share. I'll write about it later, as there might be a lot.
Time is a human construct, and to really think about it makes me uncomfortable and confused!
uhh I mean i have no idea what time as a WHOLE would really mean since I don't know who or WHY we were all put into this mess but as for what MY time means for me?? I think it is important to spend it with the people you love and to spend it working on yourself for the better. Plain and simple XD

And now I have another question lol. Do you guys believe in karma? Like I was scrolling thru the comments on this video and someone was like "omg everybody is so mean to her" and then some person replied with "Maybe she's judgmental but hides it, it's the laws of the universe, it's called karma," and honestly that kinda made me think loool. Like what would be my karma? What would be other people's karma... oh I'm just being nosey now :)