But that's not "time", Mattias. That's life and your life experiences. "Time" isn't even real.

I believe in karma. You don't have set karma either. It fluctuates. "Karma" is different from an aura or vibe. You can't change your vibe, but you can work on having better karma.
I've put off replying to these because this subject is a bit too general. There are far too many angles to approach this from.

Time is a concept we use to make sense of change. It's a concept we develop naturally without even thinking about it. Without that concept, we wouldn't be able to interact properly with this world.

That's all I'll say for now.
You've got the definition precisely correct. A measure of change. So the reason I brought time here is because universe simulation theory and theory of general relativity go hand in hand and cross over to explain some things. I'll be short on this. Scientists say that the universe is expanding and relativity tells us that the speed of light is the fastest you can ever get. Also relativity tells us that at the speed of light time speeds up from the traveler's perspective and slows down from observer's. So because universe is expanding, consequently time is slowing down from ours perspective. This ties back to the simulation theory because it seems like universe has a limited processing power, and since it is expanding requiring more resources, therefore, time is slowing down. Laws of physics are basically bounds of the program. So I think at some point the universe will reach expansion limit when the time start to flow in a different direction. That will happen when expansion rate will exceed the speed of light (which is possible not in respect to local reference frame). If that were a program, it is called an integer overflow. Also people thought of time as being circular or linear, but more educated description would be a spiral, since just like Fibonacci sequence it has the cycle, expansion/shrink, and linear properties. I hope that made any sense, keep in mind I am not being overly scientific here, but there are many details I did not mention. cool gif
So you can say that we live in simulation already :)
READY THE TRUMPETS, FOR YOUR KING HAS RETURNED!

(Yes, it took me a couple of hours to read everything and I still skipped a lot.)
Hey PB. Mr. Pibb.

...I like that more.

Also goodnight.
Goodnight then.
Let’s hope you don’t dream about Sam Hyde tonight.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Goodnight then.
You were lurking our conversation! XD
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Instead you should dream of me ;)
mattiasc02 said:
You were lurking our conversation! XD
As I previously said, I spent a couple hours reading all the messages.
There is a difference between lurking and reading the backlog of comments and forum posts.
Rather long reply to kyxor's post
You can not tell me this dude is not straight up copying Cutesexyrobutts.
otaku_emmy said:
You can not tell me this dude is not straight up copying Cutesexyrobutts.
UGH i honestly hate when other artists do that it's almost like he's stealing art but he's actually not, He's only stealing the art style that CSRB has which i honestly hate, You have to find your own style not take someone elses it's that simple but i guess some people are just scummy enough to do that sort of thing.
... And here I thought at least one other person would have something to follow up with on the subject of relativity...

---
When it comes to stealing an art style, I'm reminded of Genshiken Nidaime.

Anyway, I don't really have a problem with it. Everyone starts out by copying in one form or another. Normally you'd copy what you see (real life scenes). Though, to draw in an anime style, you'd copy anime styles.

To only ever copy one artist's style shows either a deep love for that style or the artist's inability to merge styles or develop further on their own.
I think it's kinda funny that he even included a variation of the word "sexy" in his chosen artist name.

And sorry. Some of the stuff ya'll say is way over my head.

That's why I like you so much, Zolxys: you're very intelligent.
Okay this has been on my mind for some time now but I wondered how long could a website like Konachan "live"? I mean could Konachan continue to be active and maintained in 10-20 years from now or would it eventually be shut down.

Edit: Also certain species of crocodiles can run like a horse. It's a mixture of adorable, funny, and terrifying to behold
Fepple said:
Okay this has been on my mind for some time now but I wondered how long could a website like Konachan "live"? I mean could Konachan continue to be active and maintained in 10-20 years from now or would it eventually be shut down.
As long as people stick around I guess. Konachan seems to be built off of free labor at this point (I remember lurking at old comments and seeing Shuugo talking about paychecks and all that with moderators but idk)

If there's ever an instance were literally no one is uploading, I'll come at it's rescue, even If I am a busy person >.<

Maybe you'd have to be more active then, too, hmmm? :p

edit: and otaku_emmy is the mother of konachan in my mind. idk why XD (sorry I'm so weird XD)

Edit: Also certain species of crocodiles can run like a horse. It's a mixture of adorable, funny, and terrifying to behold
*chuckles* lol
Fepple said:
I always wondered too, I hope it's not too soon.
It will live forever. Right now there is 247 859 posts and lets assume that each one of average takes up 10MB. Multiply and convert you get 2.4TB of storage required to house just the images. As for other metadata like tags, user accounts, etc - they are plan ascii and easily compressible. Memory for that actually can be reduced to nearly 0* if you use efficient hashing algorithms and dictionary look ups. I think moebooru does that already, which is open source anyway so you don't have to code much of anything. So basically if you want to make konachan.com clone, you can do that in your basement garage and 3 RAID hard-drives today. And if you ain't got the hardware, look into something like this, note that I didn't do any research on pricing, but I am sure you can find better deal. As for maintenance, I am sure there will be more people to come by in the next decade. Fun fact, I think memory is getting cheaper faster than the cost of memory that a website like konachan produces. So technically your costs for running konachan should get smaller in the future. In conclusion, yes - this is a little bit more complex when you have a big database with your site to maintain than say static site. Lets assume that suddenly kona gets 404 and there is nobody to back it up or restore. One other crazy thing you could do is use data you can scrap on https://web.archive.org/ to restore some images that still have valid source links. Ofc not manually, write a script for it.
I love that archive website. I use at all the time when I be bored.

And WAIFU2X HAS BEEN DOWN FOR DAYS. REE.

*sniffles* I just wanna use something that has low noise reduction... not medium like this!! T.T
Zolxys said:
Rather long reply to kyxor's post
And thanks for your response! Certainly this is a bit far out of my field of study, so I know a lot of things but my knowledge is rather scattered too much. So I can't really follow with anything up on the topic, without siting down and digging some papers. Plus I don't like to jump to conclusions without having all the evidence, so treat theory as just my imagination. I am not really sure how to explain the "resource" concept in a better way, so I'll leave it be. And yes I think your explanation of "time contraction" is clear. I also find some psychological concepts about time, like speeding up with age or slowing down when observed interesting. So at the very least on psychological level of humans, I wouldn't have called it to be purely linear.
Beirut explosion, looks like a mini nuclear explosion, especially at that angle, reminds me the nuclear test at the bikini atoll.
RyuZU said:
Beirut explosion, looks like a mini nuclear explosion, especially at that angle, reminds me the nuclear test at the bikini atoll.
What the hell happened????
RyuZU said:
Omg I wonder why it happened? Like was it an accident? Did someone do it deliberately? Devastating.
otaku_emmy said:
What the hell happened????
mattiasc02 said:
Omg I wonder why it happened? Like was it an accident? Did someone do it deliberately? Devastating.
It seems to be due explosive materials confiscated that were placed in a warehouse.
RyuZU said:
It seems to be due explosive materials confiscated placed in a warehouse.
Yep. That'll definitely do it. That kinda explains the "fireworks" comment I saw.
Bruhhhh. I don’t understand why the fuck people just can’t take advantage of the technology they’re presented with and use THAT for social gatherings instead of GO to a restaurant out in the city with her friends (iTs mY fRiEnDs bDaY). My mom could’ve really just opened up a glass of wine and cooked something gourmet and zoom her friends SIMULATING a restaurant, but noooo instead she doesn’t fucking care and actually GOES. Like no offense, but what’s wrong with her?

My parents are… um, pretty old btw

Edit: and perhaps an unpopular opinion, but pitbull looks so gorgeous here...
I think it's okay to go to a restaurant if they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. Doubly so if you can sit outside. And you always gotta wear your mask.
mattiasc02 said:
Like no offense, but what’s wrong with her?
Rather, what's wrong with you?

*Edit:
If you like living your life in fear, you can choose to. But don't try to force anyone else to do so...
Um... going to a restaurant with a lot of people isn't recommended. And I can't prove she was doing all the right stuff. I don't care if I get it, but I DO if she does! I'm not scared of everything, but It's NOT wise to just hangout with a big group of friends all smushed together, when you can simply have a FaceTime dinner?

My uncle's workmate already passed away from this, and so as my classmate's own parents. My classmates always put on their snap on how they miss their parents and how they wish they can see them achieve, so my worrying IS reasonable, and there isn't anything wrong with me.

But I don't live my life in fear. However, I do have opinions on certain things when people are acting wreckless, yes. (like no shit. She wasn't innocently going to the grocery store, she huddled with people and were around a lot of people. There's a difference, hellooo???)

Edit: and plus my brother also lives with us and he doesn’t want the virus. We a whole family up in this house
But restaurants aren't (supposed to be) operating at 100% capacity anyways. Many haven't even had their dining rooms open. With employees wearing masks, washing hands, doing temp. checks, and sanitizing the restaurants more often, and with customers not being seated next to each other and wearing masks at all times (except for when putting food and drink in their mouths) it shouldn't be that big of a deal. You're not even allowed to serve yourself at buffets.

On top of that, Fauci even said he's not as concerned with groups of people if their OUTSIDE. So if I wanna grab something to go and then have a picnic I shouldn't be shamed for that either. You know?