otaku_emmy said:
Hand to God, I don't even understand how remote learning works.
It's been done at the college level for years. What's not to get?

I went on a small camping trip over the weekend and realized how much I need a real vacation. I have all this PTO that's been building up over the past 6 months because I haven't been taking any time off. Only problem is everything is still closed so I don't know where I'd go.
traz64 said:
It's been done at the college level for years. What's not to get?
*narrows eyes* I never did anything past highschool. Not that I wasn't smart enough to go. I just didn't.

I was pretty sure I knew how it worked, but I'd never actually looked in to it. I always worry that I might be wrong about something, which causes me to ask questions I already know the answer to.

My mom thought you basically just taught yourself and did everything in your own time within the space of, like, two hours out of your whole day. But I was like, there's no way they're getting four classes worth of instruction and work done in two hours with zero teacher interaction.
otaku_emmy said:
My mom thought you basically just taught yourself and did everything in your own time within the space of, like, two hours out of your whole day. But I was like, there's no way they're getting four classes worth of instruction and work done in two hours with zero teacher interaction.
If you're quick about it you definitely can. This is all based on my experience but schools are slowing down to the slowest students in each subject. While you may be that student in 1 or 2 subjects, for the rest you're going to be able to finish the assignments much faster than the standard class length.

Plus now you have access to useful tools such as Wikipedia or Wolfram Alpha during every assignment.
I reckon it depends on the school. Probably all kinds of different things being done.

I still think it's better than sending them all back at once though.

...I'unno. I just wish all this stuff was behind us. 2020's kinda sucked so far. Pfft. "So far".
Honestly, it’s a LOT easier to cheat on stuff during remote learning…
Some Chinese billionaire asshole (living in the US) commissioned an Israeli jeweler to make him the world's most expensive N99 mask. Covered in 3,600 black and white diamonds, it's priced at around 1.5 million dollars.

The fucking nerve.
I hope someone breaks that mask, Should serve him right for trying to look good during the Covid period where actual people die, Idiots will always be Idiots i guess.
???

1) I'm not sure why you have a problem with that unless you think he should have ordered it domestically. Spending money is better than hording it though.

2) Why is "trying to look good" ever a bad thing? Just because people are dying at a faster rate than usual you think we should condemn anyone that still cares about their appearance? How does that make sense?

3) You actually think that would look good? Maybe I have the wrong idea, but I can only picture that as being really gaudy...
Zolxys said:
1) I'm not sure why you have a problem with that unless you think he should have ordered it domestically. Spending money is better than hording it though.
He could've used the money to actually help people. :p

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention that the mask is ALSO made out of 18-karat white gold and weighs a little over half a pound.

pic
Buying goods and services DOES help people. The more money you put back into circulation, the better.

I'm not a big fan of charity. In most cases, those that benefit from charity don't really deserve it. It's better to earn your way. And the more money we have in circulation, the easier that is.

And finally, you said this was a billionaire, right? Who knows what he's doing with most of his money...
I agree with Zolxys on this. While I bought a reusable face mask, I could've given the money to charity and keep using disposable ones.

And why didn't I? Because I wanted to have a nice face mask and I just genuinely don't care about charity. The only difference with me and that billionaire is our budget, so are you gonna scold me as well?

This might've been a harsh way to get the point across, but I had to say it.

And if you're gonna say that I'm heartless, you're right.

Once again I have to point this out, but my messages are supposed to be read in a monotone voice because that is the way almost all of them are intended.
So you’re saying your mask costed 1.5 million dollars peanut? XD I got reusable ones but they aren’t like, a mini gold palace to cover my face lol.

And in my opinion, I do think it’s pretty sad that there ARE millionaires that just sit and don’t do ANYTHING with their money. But I also do wonder what the hell happens behind the scenes. Apparently rich people atmosphere is very scary and cutthroat, and there’s this power insecurity that eats at them. But idk.

I would never want to be rich, after all. And if someone were to offer me a lot of money I’d probably think about it before I accept and see if I were to actually do something feasible with it.

Edit: and honestly reusable masks are the way to go imo, because they’re greener. Just where do the disposable ones go??
mattiasc02 said:
So you’re saying your mask costed 1.5 million dollars peanut? XD I got reusable ones but they aren’t like, a mini gold palace to cover my face lol.
I said I bought A face mask. Not that I bought the one you were talking about.
I also reinforced that point by saying i had a different budget.
But it seemed to me like you assumed Emmy was also judging you by judging that billionaire Chinese guy, when it seems like Emmy’s “what the hell man” opinion was only directed towards the billionaire Chinese guy not you (I think idk)

Edit: you just seemed very ree’d. That’s all
Oh man I hope they're not gonna make us have lectures on zoom in my class, I love going to class but I just can't deal with mixing my home office with school work, that place is reserved for leisure only (And a bit of homework I guess ;) ).

Also, hello everybody (:

Quick Edit: Completely forgot how to read a forum in the meantime, I thought the top post was the newest one, smh.
mattiasc02 said:
I would never want to be rich, after all. And if someone were to offer me a lot of money I’d probably think about it before I accept and see if I were to actually do something feasible with it.
Really?, if possible I would like to be rich, if someone offers me a lot of money I would just ask why and where did the money come from.

I also agree with the Zolxys, I don't see any problem with that, it's his money, as he is a billionaire, I suppose he has companies, which already helps people with jobs, "if" I were rich it would be the only way I would help people.

There's a word, I can't remember the word, I saw it only once years ago, it was something about thinking that rich people have a duty to donate/help to poor people etc.

PrimalAgony said:
I hope someone breaks that mask, Should serve him right for trying to look good during the Covid period where actual people die, Idiots will always be Idiots i guess.
Talking like that seems to be envy
mattiasc02 said:
Spoken like someone who's never had to work to sustain themselves. Given the money from that mask I'd be able to comfortably retire in 5-10 years. I would gladly take any money I could, simply to improve the quality of my life.
Money makes people stupid most of the time which is why you see things like this, Someone wasting money on something that is actually useless instead of considering what could be more useful first it's always like ''i will buy this shit to showoff to people to show how little money they have and make homeless people despise us more'' But nevertheless this is just a good example of evolved human stupidity,

Pretty much everyone only cares about themselves which is counterproductive in this day and age where people actually have to work together to be able to avoid even more massive casualties,

Heck if Putin actually gave a damn about the survival of humanity instead of his pathetic pride he would join together with the USA to take down Isis instead of USA working alone on the matter.
Zolxys said:
I'm not a big fan of charity.
Ey, helping people with your vast amounts of wealth and donating to charity are two different things. :p

I wouldn't donate to charity if I had loads of money either. I would give cash to people directly.

Which is why, as I have said, it's good that I don't have money.
I automatically distrust any collaboration between Jews and Chinese.
otaku_emmy said:
I wouldn't donate to charity if I had loads of money either. I would give cash to people directly.
How? Hand $1000 to every person you meet on the street? Send $3 to every U.S. citizen? Shop at your local family owed stores and demand they accept 1000 times the asking price for the sale?

If you're going to put money back in circulation, the best way is by buying goods and services. But if you have millions to spend, you'll need to buy some high priced goods and services. And it's fine that way. If they aren't extremely overpriced, most of that money will go toward the materials. You'll be supporting many businesses and jobs.

PrimalAgony said:
Someone wasting money on something that is actually useless instead of considering what could be more useful first it's always like ''i will buy this shit to showoff to people to show how little money they have and make homeless people despise us more''
You have a very negative outlook on things...

First of all, it wasn't a waste. You should try studying economics. What would have been a waste would be to do nothing with the money.

Second, you speak as if he can no longer buy something useful because he spent the money on this. I'm sure that anyone that would buy something like this is spending money on far more things. You just don't hear about the rest because it wouldn't make the headlines. To even go this far to spend his money is a good thing.

And, would you have a problem with it if he just spent the money on the gold and diamonds? That is, not making anything out of them. Just storing them away for safe keeping. If so, why? Have you even thought about where that money will go and how it will help people?
Zolxys said:
How?
Patreon, Only Fans, Cash App, and PayPal.

Yes, I am the type to buy nudes (and not-so nudes) from women.

I'd also give money to panhandlers. I coaxed my mom in to giving a man three dollars the other day. Well, I handed it to him. Pretty brave of me, actually. I talked to him like a normal person.

If you're going to put money back in circulation, the best way is by buying goods and services. But if you have millions to spend, you'll need to buy some high priced goods and services. And it's fine that way. If they aren't extremely overpriced, most of that money will go toward the materials. You'll be supporting many businesses and jobs.
I don't feel like I'd do that because I don't like or care for those sorts of things (the things like they talk about in rap songs or shit you see YouTubers showing off in videos that get millions of views). I'm happy for other people if they get those things, but a lot of it is very tacky to me. And not in the fun way.

hypothetical
I honestly think me and being rich wouldn't go well together. I buy too much useless shit I never use.

As for what kind of practical things I'd buy though, I would probably just get a pc with higher specs than necessary and a nice residence. Perhaps even one of those "motorized carriages".
And a lot of anime stuff, of course.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I honestly think me and being rich wouldn't go well together. I buy too much useless shit I never use.
LIL HOARDER GAAAAANG!
I'm pretty tall though, so I shall silently judge from the corner over there.

\........
. \......
... \ ..|
...___|
Zyber and Ryu

Traz and Primal

Emilia and peanut
mattiasc02 said:
I'm 6"3 :3
Join me in the tall boi corner then.
It's over there.

\........
. \......
... \ ..|
...___|
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I'm pretty tall though, so I shall silently judge from the corner over there.
I went with that because we both sound like we have a tendency to hoard, but our collections are small and not like what you'd see on TV. I initially wrote "Baby Hoarder Gang", but that made it sound like we hoard babies.

mattiasc02 said:
But what if someone wanted that trailer? T.T
They don't. Trubst me.

mattiasc02 said:
Would you also consider college?
I don't need a higher education if I have ass-loads of money.
otaku_emmy said:
I went with that because we both sound like we have a tendency to hoard, but our collections are small and not like what you'd see on TV. I initially wrote "Baby Hoarder Gang", but that made it sound like we hoard babies.
I know what you meant, but I couldn't pass it without having to make a joke.

And since I forgot to do one of my duties, I shall do them now.

ZyberUnderscore said:
Also, hello everybody (:
Hi and welcome back to the forum.
I am your friendly neighborhood forum lurker king, Mr.peanutbutter.

I trust you know all the forum etiquette, so I won't bore you with all that.
I get the feeling I'm repeating the same points over and over again...