Hmmm. I guess my point was that it (the mask) was a ridiculously extravagant thing, bordering on the absurd, and that I doubt the people at the jewelers have been having much trouble getting work anyways because rich people are still rich. Getting richer, even.

I can only imagine at how that man lives. See, I have a natural distrust of very wealthy people, because many of them made their money in not-so-nice ways, and lots of them get up to not-so-nice things. And because I don't think it's fair that someone should be that rich while someone else doesn't even have money to pay medical bills or boy groceries. (Yes, that's a naive and childish way for me to think but it's where my heart's at.)

Also, it should be noted that I'd never give a hypothetical million dollars for ANYTHING. Unless it was a hostage situation or something.

I wasn't actively trying to ignore any of the points you were making. We were just on different wavelengths.
otaku_emmy said:
See, I have a natural distrust of very wealthy people, because many of them made their money in not-so-nice ways, and lots of them get up to not-so-nice things. And because I don't think it's fair that someone should be that rich while someone else doesn't even have money to pay medical bills or boy groceries. (Yes, that's a naive and childish way for me to think but it's where my heart's at.)
PREEEECH (yeah I think that makes sense)

Like I feel like they should give if someone is gonna be grotesquely rich. But I guess ya only know until ya get there...

Now people gon B like "ree you're saying I'm selfish?" girl please... just my opinion

edit: and yeah people be getting on top by doing immoral things
mattiasc02 said:
and yeah people be getting on top by doing immoral things
I suppose one could argue that "business is business", but what bothers me more is knowing that some people who do bad things are never punished for them (*in this plane of existence) due to their wealth and status.

But that has nothing to do with a 1.5 million dollar safety mask. :p
otaku_emmy said:
I suppose one could argue that "business is business", but what bothers me more is knowing that some people who do bad things are never punished for them due to their wealth and status.

But that has nothing to do with a 1.5 million dollar safety mask. :p
Lol I know it has nothing to do with a facemask but just in general I feel the same way. If I were confronted by some sort of uber rich person I wouldn't immediately think "omg so kawaii" I'd be at a halt and first b like "okkkk why IS he rich? Did he sacrafice his cousins or summ?"

You always gotta be on that skeptical, y'know?
otaku_emmy said:
I doubt the people at the jewelers have been having much trouble getting work anyways.
Come to think of it, it was mentioned that the mask was "priced at around 1.5 million dollars". I took that to mean "valued at". But either way, it wasn't mentioned just how much of the commission is going toward the materials. If it wasn't terribly over priced, the jewelers will be using most of that on materials.

Even if they get a large chunk, so long as they use that money to upgrade their lifestyle, that money will go in many different directions to pay for products and services. So long as a good portion of that money keeps moving, it will help a lot of people.

The rich should spend as much as they can on whatever the hell they want no matter how ridiculous it is. The more that is put back into circulation the better. It really doesn't matter much which industries they end up directly supporting. The more they spend, the more it will flow in every direction and the more it will help people.

Though it really would be best to try to buy domestically...
That's a very mature way of thinking, Zolxys.

But I can't force my brain to reconcile with that.

I 1000% understand what you're saying though. We just have two big beautiful brains that work differently is all.
I guess we can say you can either help buy buying stuff and helping the flow or do something charitable (like providing utilties in towns that don't have them, for example)

But nothing is worse than hoarding, hoarding, and hooaaarding. Like boiii (my opinion)
mattiasc02 said:
But nothing is worse than hoarding, hoarding, and hooaaarding. Like boiii (my opinion)
Some people, like me, have a compulsion to buy things. The act of browsing and obtaining gives us a thrill, but once you actually have the thing you feel kinda empty.

Not that I love my things any less. I actually feel...like I'm disrespectful to them sometimes because I don't interact with them as often as I think they'd like.

But this place - I can't have things organized the way I want them in this place. I can't keep everything clean enough.

I've noticed I have a tendency to obsessively check certain things, and I think that falls in to my need to constantly browse. It's this gnawing desire.

P.S. But yeah, real hoarding is fucking terrifying and that godawful TV show makes my skin crawl.
Condensed. Did this need to be condensed?
mattiasc02 said:
Give me an example of a HORRIFYING hoarder person XD.
Anyone on the A&E TV show "Hoarders"? My parents like the show but I can't fucking stand it.

Another show I don't see how people can stomach is "Dr. Pimple Popper" on TLC. No no no. Nope. Like, God bless the people who need the help but Jesus Christ.
They permanently shut Kissanime down so I can't really watch anime anymore.

Fuck 2020.
otaku_emmy said:

Fuck 2020.
Aww :C at least there's other sites out there so hopefully you'll be okay with that.
PrimalAgony said:
Aww :C at least there's other sites out there so hopefully you'll be okay with that.
I don't have the money to pay for anything good like Hulu or Crunchyroll or Funimation, and some sites don't seem to carry certain anime at all. Like, I was right in the middle of watching Kakegurui and now I can't find a legal site that hosts it.

I just hate that all these little, shitty, universal microaggressions keep happening TO ME (I know it's not really like that, but it FEELS like I'm being targeted). My body is fucky and I can't fix it, a lot (well, three) of my favorite YouTubers got cancelled, we've got roaches in our place. All this rotten stuff.
otaku_emmy said:
I don't have the money to pay for anything good like Hulu or Crunchyroll or Funimation, and some sites don't seem to carry certain anime at all. Like, I was right in the middle of watching Kakegurui and now I can't find a legal site that hosts it.

I just hate that all these little, shitty, universal microaggressions keep happening TO ME (I know it's not really like that, but it FEELS like I'm being targeted). My body is fucky and I can't fix it, a lot (well, three) of my favorite YouTubers got cancelled, we've got roaches in our place. All this rotten stuff.
Awwww il see if i can help you out somehow.

I can totally related to being targeted but knowing it isn't like that honestly, Been through that too much as mein body is fucky too, So let's be fucked up together and make the best out of this chaotic world.
Thank you, nugg. I'll keep this one in mind. It can't be any sketchier than Kissanime.

I mean... Damn. It ain't like I was burning anime eps. on DVDs and selling them outta the trunk of my mom's Focus or anything.

They barely pay employees anything to make the damn shows anyways. And THEY'RE worried about Kissanime stealing from them?
otaku_emmy said:

Fuck 2020.
Speaking of which, konachan might suffer the same fate. Earlier I've said that it will live forever, however if big copyright holder gains attention they could hypothetically shut everything down. But lucky of us, we mostly host individual artists that can't do much on their own, most they could do is to ask to take down their work. Plus most of the works are in open access except paid rewards.

However trying to regulate the internet has always been a bad idea, so don't be upset about kissanime because there will be many more in the future, look into torrents and piracy.
kyxor said:
look into torrents and piracy.
AM GOOD GIRL. AM NO STEAL. AM ALSO DOODOO BRAIN WITH 'PUTERS.

I don't see how this entire site could be nuked on the basis of...taking art from other places though. Like you said, a majority of what we post is available for free anyways. Now, I can see us getting shut down for content, but I'm not really worried about that either.

We've always been fair with artists before. If they contact us directly, we're more than willing to do take-downs.
otaku_emmy said:
Fuck 2020.
Brehhh

And I could see Konachan ending one day... it really might one day but who knows. I wouldn't want it to end tho.

otaku_emmy said:
I have no idea what he does for a living, but I do know he has a real job.
You gotta ask these things! Unless... *scroll down*

I do not know him, Mattias. I don't usually get crushes on people I know. I've never spoken to him a day in my life.

I'd never knowingly try to take a man away from anyone he was already with.
Wait, is it one of those celebrity crushed you got sometimes?
mattiasc02 said:
I wouldn't want it to end tho.
I'd sure have a lot more free time.

That's just a musing, not a wish.

You gotta ask these things! Unless... *scroll down*
I don't wanna be rude.

Wait, is it one of those celebrity crushed you got sometimes?
He's not really a celebrity either. But either way, he is a stranger.

But it's embawassing, and I don't wanna talk about it. uwu
otaku_emmy said:
AM GOOD GIRL. AM NO STEAL.
But you were stealing just as much by using kissanime as you would be torrenting.

Just pick up an easy to use client like Deluge and it's the same as any other download.
I thought it was only "stealing" if you were actively downloading something. See, am no unnerstan.

Actually, the only thing I've ever stolen from the internet was Minecraft, and that was a gift.
otaku_emmy said:
I'd sure have a lot more free time.

That's just a musing, not a wish.
So for you, would Konachan being completely gone be the opposite of a wish? (whyatever that word means.

How would people's lives be affected without Konachan? I'd probably spend even more time with my family than I already do. I went out on a car ride with them, and them talked to them more tonight in bed.

But sometimes I don't because I have to chase dat next ecchi pantsu to upload on kona, which can really uhh.. distract me. But then I worry in the back of my mind that my parents r gonna leave soon if I don't be with them quick enough T.T but I have to balance my technological use and my social use.

I don't wanna be rude.
Ok maybe in the context of a straaanger danger, but I mean fr fr it’s what you do. It ain’t rude. And if anyone were to think you’re being rude, well their occupation is nothin but baloney.

He's not really a celebrity either. But either way, he is a stranger.
*sigh* hayayayyya what r we gonna do with stranger stranger your love’s in danger you :p

But that’s cute tho. To have a crush on a stranger. Not gonna lie I could have crushed in people but then I snap back intro reality when I analyze how much I really know them.

But it's embawassing, and I don't wanna talk about it. uwu
Aww just embrace you’re dream love girl siiiiide! Even Katy aknowledges you!

traz64 said:
Just pick up an easy to use client like Deluge and it's the same as any other download.
brehhh XD I just fixed everyone’s 2020 and y’all gon just ignore it? :p

edit: and I just ate a family sized dorito bag AND 3 crepes with EXTRA whip cream... I feel like I'm gonna throw up... and I haven't been eating much lately so this is gonna shock me.
otaku_emmy said:
I mostly use 4anime.to as primary site and twist.moe as secondary site.
Their content slightly differs, so if you can't find it on one of them, you'll find it on the other.

mattiasc02 said:
Brehhh
You DO know people created lots of fake sites to spread viruses, right?
The official site was kissanime.ru.

mattiasc02 said:
How would people's lives be affected without Konachan?
I'd probably migrate to a different site, so it wouldn't really affect much for me apart from forum activity.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
You DO know people created lots of fake sites, right?
The official site was kissanime.ru.
But it works, that's all what matters. Just finished watching some anime episodes there just to test it out. It works like a charm.

I'd probably migrate to a different site, so it wouldn't really affect much for me apart from forum activity.
Hmm... Interesting. Kind of sounds like you would get over it easily XD. It would devastate me, but I'd learn of course.

I can never be a complete contrib/member in any other booru but this one. I tried being an active uploader on yande.re for a week, but I just faded since being active there isn't really me. I can only be uber active the way I am on this site.
mattiasc02 said:
I can never be a complete contrib/member in any other booru but this one. I tried being an active uploader on yande.re for a week, but I just faded since being active there isn't really me. I can only be uber active the way I am on this site.
It's pretty much the same for me.
I don't really think I can stay active on any other forum.
It would be bitter sweet to see konachan go. If there was a way to delete my account I would have by now. I just keep coming back to the forums out of nostalgia but I don't feel like I belong to this place anymore. I'm not the same person I was and frankly I'm embarrassed of the phase of my youth that revolved around it.
Fuck it, permaban me, Emmy. Maybe then I can walk away.
Eh not gonna assume the site is sentanced to die for the moment i mean we take take no credit for artwork that isn't ours we don't charge cash in order to view different kind of images like Danbooru does and we always post a link where the orginal artwork came from in the first place it would a different story if we wanted money from people just to view images that ain't ours in the first pleace.
otaku_emmy said:
Use private torrent sites or download directly from the Fansub, it's what I do nowadays, but I download it and keep it on the HDD, you can just download, watch and delete, I'll never pay to watch anything again.
otaku_emmy said:
I thought it was only "stealing" if you were actively downloading something. See, am no unnerstan.
If you're seeing it you downloaded it. I'm not familiar with any law that differentiates your temp folder (where your browser is storing the content while you view it) from your downloads folder.
Cade said:
I just keep coming back to the forums out of nostalgia but I don't feel like I belong to this place anymore
Well I like you here (and always have). You actually made me laugh a lot, but do watchu gotta do mate. And do you go to discoed with the others? Are they even still there?

Not gonna lie I do think of messaging vf.nightcore but I always procrastinate.

I'm not the same person I was and frankly I'm embarrassed of the phase of my youth that revolved around it.
Are you talking about before me? Idk I remember stalking forums from long time ago and u were talking about how ur always on here a looot and how like, addicting this place is. And perhaps other stuff I just don’t know about.

And as for me uhh… I can say I grew up XD (I think). Well… I’m not embarrassed by my youth here. I was a firecracker XD but also needed to shape up with my boundaries and stuff which you guys actually helped me reflect… uh I hope I’m more mature now XD

Fuck it, permaban me, Emmy. Maybe then I can walk away.
:( :( it doesn’t seemed like she logged on yet…

Edit: and yeah it would be bitter sweet for me as well… so much has happened here for me