Wow....what a great move of them.
Feeling sorry for her. I watched some clips of her and it seems she is a cool person.
Is it possible to do a *solo* thing? But I guess the rights (of her name and all) are reserved by Cover.
Yeah, she could still stream on her own if she wanted to. I think that's what Coco Kiryuu ended up doing after she left. But Rushia is still in such a bad place. I want her to feel better soon.

People online are too crazy sometimes. Parasocial relationships can get out of hand so easily. Hell, I have a crush on a streamer. That shit happens. But you have to know where to draw the line, and you have to respect these people and treat them like real human beings.
I will never understand those crazy people.
The same goes for hardcore fangirls and -boys, crying and screaming when they see their idol or whatever.
That's one side of the coin.

Another side of the coin from internal investigation revealed that she was leaking confidential info, breaking contractual agreements. Thus termination.
Yeeeeaaaaaah. I caught wind of that too. But I still feel bad for her. It also makes me wonder if they would've fired her anyway even without this other stuff popping up.
I don't know how many of ya'll remember noitis (I know Yume won't), but he told me he might get drafted soon so if anyone wants to pray for him or...keep him in your thoughts I think that'd be nice.
otaku_emmy said:
I don't know how many of ya'll remember noitis (I know Yume won't), but he told me he might get drafted soon so if anyone wants to pray for him or...keep him in your thoughts I think that'd be nice.
I unfortunately am not familiar with him although according to records i registered 10 months earlier than he did, given the BS kept brewing by a ex-commie pudding trying to play out a metro2033 fourth Reich from the looks of it right now,

i don't know where he's from and whether he'll end up at the battlefronts of this messed up timeline, i wish him well and come back home safe and sound.

normally i don't hang around here especially in forum since like 4ish years ago but eh, given how the "government" in my birthplace trying to pseudo-lock us all up in place at home in form of total bans and forcing business to suspend until mandatory testing over a 3 weeks period are complete, i for once am getting fairly anxious that i won't be able to websurf freely anymore in the next few months. You folks in Europe especially in Ukraine right now, be safe out there.

if anyone still remembers the dibs thread and i went MIA in the next few months here, feel free to takeover whatever that was still there and , it was nice knowing some of you here in the last 8 years.
noitis, Yuri, is Ukrainian. He's right smack dab in the thick of it. He already told me he'd stay no matter what happened, but I was really hoping he'd be spared active combat. He said he's willing to go though. I have to admire that resolve.

As for the dibs thread, I think it's dead anyways. But it's a neat little relic to keep around.
Oh gosh, I hope he is fine then.
Must be like hell out there right now.
He's told me that he's on the smaller side, so I was kinda hoping he wouldn't meet certain physical requirements. A lot of those weapons have a lot of kickback, you know? But I guess they're taking whoever they can get. :/

He's not physically weak by any means but still. He's gone through a lot and it'd be really shitty if he got shot or something. Destiny is a perplexing thing.
so have you guys already bought your Futa?
RyuZU said:
so have you guys already bought your Futa?
I saw that trending the other day on Twitter. Pretty funny.

One of life's simple pleasures is laughing at brands using dumb names for their products.
My Pc died today. *sigh*
Time to get a new one tomorrow.
BattlequeenYume said:
My Pc died today. *sigh*
Time to get a new one tomorrow.
mine died about 1 month ago

but I already bought the parts and assembled it, but i haven't bought a new gpu yet

my old pc lasted 11 years
It's really bothering when that happens.
I dunno how old my pc was exactly. I've replaced the hardware now and then.
The new pc will come within the next week.
I'm using a laptop at the moment and omg it's sooo slow...
what are the specs of your new Yume pc?

Today I bought an nvme ssd and a ups with pure sine waves, not to last long, just for me to have time to turn off the pc or hold it for about 5 minutes, usually the power outages here last seconds or minutes, and it is frequent
I'm not into this pc stuff I must say. Had help of a good friend of mine.
Here are some of the specs:

SAMSUNG 870 EVO 500 GB, SSD
XFX 8GB RX 6600 XT QICKC308 Black Gaming
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X, Prozessor
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2, Mainboard

Hope there are some infos you wanted.
good setup, are you going to use a water cooler in the setup?

mine is just missing a GPU, at the end of the year i'll get one, I just don't know which one, until then I'll keep my old one, is 11 years old and still works perfectly, it doesn't run recent games, but it's worth it, just to browse etc
I'm getting a "be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4" cooler. I think it's a normal one.

The pc arrived! Well...everything but the case though. Funny indeed.
oh no, you got a gigabyte thing. Well at least it's just a motherboard. Phew, imagine if it was your GPU.
just a quesiton. PSU doko? where you get da power from? this is best not left to some cheap shit, buy a Corsair or Seasonic or something.
The power comes also from the "be quiet" thingi. Name is "be quiet! straight power 850 AtX 24"

I had to rely on my good friend about the setup. I dunno anything about the term. And yeah, money is something that is required too. :3
*Moved from the Comments section*
onisonfire said:
Yeah I mean there's no such thing hahah. Non fungible transfer give me a break. It screams 'capitalist mumbo jumbo' I think Sitting Bull might be rolling in his grave. Seems to me it's just companies trying to make money off of something that's been completely free up until now.

but okay I'll shut up
First, when a mod says to post any further comments in the forums, please do so.

Second, NFT stands for "Non fungible token", not "Non fungible transfer". You're doing a good job of sounding like you know nothing.

companies trying to make money off of something that's been completely free up until now
I can tell you that every marketplace will take a cut. It's never free...

I've never gotten into NFTs myself. But if an artist can make more selling NFTs than they can in other marketplaces, then all the better. Either the cut is lower, or the cut is well worth it. That's the bottom line.
The fun part about NFTs is that you can take that NFT, modify it a bit and make a new NFT.

So it's just a big garbage scam.
Zolxys said:
I've never gotten into NFTs myself. But if an artist can make more selling NFTs than they can in other marketplaces, then all the better. Either the cut is lower, or the cut is well worth it. That's the bottom line.
That's the thing: Midori Foo has her own online storefront, has things she's designed (like plushies) being sold on OTHER sites, is a published art book author, and even has an original Kotobukiya figure in the works (and them bitches is NOT cheap). I refuse to believe she NEEDS the extra Monopoly money from NFTs THAT badly.

I'm not saying she lied to the person who asked her about it on Twitter, but it definitely sounded kinda sus.
Zolxys said:

Second, NFT stands for "Non fungible token", not "Non fungible transfer". You're doing a good job of sounding like you know nothing.
Same thing, Jesus Christ. I don't even care to argue about it.
onisonfire said:
Same thing, Jesus Christ.
Umm... No.

That's like saying "Condensed Milk" and "Condensed Mirrors" are the same thing. Try looking up "Non fungible transfer". You won't find any results referring to them as such.

If you substitute "token" with "transfer", it wouldn't even make sense anymore. They are referred to as NFTs due to their difference from all other cryptos which are fungible. But referring to any kind of transfer as fungible is ridiculous.

*Edit
Tensa said:
The fun part about NFTs is that you can take that NFT, modify it a bit and make a new NFT.

So it's just a big garbage scam.
I'd agree there are probably serious issues anywhere the model is decentralized. But I don't think most are.

What you're talking about isn't new or exclusive to NFTs. It's essentially just someone buying a single digital copy of something, and without acquiring the rights to it, selling multiple copies to others. On most platforms it could be reported, normally resulting in the suspension of their account and possibly police involvement.

The only NFT platform I've seen so far is at Crypto.com. That's a very reputable site which requires KYC. And naturally, you can report any copyright infringements there.

I have no idea how well or poorly this is being handled on the various NFT platforms. But if it's being handled poorly, you should expect it to improve over time. I'm sure big sites like Crypto.com won't take stuff like this lightly.
When they stop transfering and checking NFTs using a household's amount of electric power for the next 50 years for a single transfer, I'll accept NFTs.
Zolxys said:
I have no idea how well or poorly this is being handled on the various NFT platforms. But if it's being handled poorly, you should expect it to improve over time. I'm sure big sites like Crypto.com won't take stuff like this lightly.
Art theft is so rampant in the NFT community that places like Deviantart have created a database that runs all its users' art through it and alerts them when someone else is selling their art as NFTs.

Causing environmental harm is bad enough, but when you have people straight up stealing art and then selling it for six, seven figures in crypto that's a bridge too far.

Tensa said:
When they stop transfering and checking NFTs using a household's amount of electric power for the next 50 years for a single transfer, I'll accept NFTs.
^
Tensa said:
All you have to do is look. Here are 11 NFT marketplaces that are energy efficient.
https://tezos.art/
https://www.flownft.co/market

*Edit
I figure I might as well add some explanation and clarification to that.

The above marketplases are built on coins that use PoS. Traditionally, cryptos have used a PoW model instead. Certainly, PoW is quite inefficient. Though when the model was adopted for Cryptos, no one expected this amount of energy consumption. Back then it only used pennies per transaction.

Taking Etherium as an example (as that's what most energy intensive NFTs are built on):
For minor transactions, about 13 confirmations are required which a single computer could do in about 3 minutes. For larger transactions such as $1,000,000 it could take up to 60 confirmations or about 14 minutes of computing time.

Certainly, that sounds inefficient, but a single computer can't use several days' worth of a typical household's electricity in only 3 to 14 minutes. The reason the energy usage has grown to what it is now is due to the internet traffic required to propagate the data to the ever increasing number of computers required to meet the demand of the network.

For that reason, Etherium is planning to convert to PoS. By vastly decreasing the computing required, you also vastly decrease the number of nodes required to meet the demand.

Modifying a model that's already in use with a huge demand will take time. But creating new Cryptos using a PoS model doesn't. So when the current energy concerns of the major coins was made evident, it's only natural that some new coins using PoS would emerge that could handle smart contracts and NFTs.