Trying to be as straight-forward as possible with my thoughts, I think a utopian world is one with a balance of calamity and peace. Everything must have a balance to be in harmony, and harmony is a balance in nature. Humans for sure have been damaging their fragile existence with their own means to the idea of a peaceful world. I don't mean to sound like I'm bending over and living a laissez faire life while the world rams one into me, but for us humans we need something to unite us together (ie. a common evil, be it aliens, Freenight, or the apocalypse) in order for us to find a connection between such diverseness. We tend to make life overly complicated with our misconception of our own intelligence.
Be it however as it may, I think a world that onisonfire is wishing for is definitely possible. In about another several hundred years or so when the human race is done wasting their only natural gift on finding ways to hate (as a general statement) one another.

As for humans, the natural balance, the universe relativity blah blah blah, we are the epiphany of evolution, albeit intelligence-wise only. Perhaps our conflicts are designed to destroy a good portion of our existence so that particular ways of thinking, like the black and white/liberal and conservative mindset, for example, become extinct. Either way, some sort of consensus will be met. I have faith in evolution.
Sorry, Biology major's gettin' to my head a bit.

Man, I feel like this deer crossing the philosophy forum here.