Yeah, that's what I thought. That you weren't a 100% on what SFS actually meant. :p

That's okay though. I was glad to help teach you something new. Always love teachin' people new things.
I think there are too many obvious rotations being slid here.
like for example:

post #308910
post #309028
post #308953
post #308951
post #309425
post #309388

and more

And not tryna single anyone out as there has been others from other peeps like post #203421 and even borderline post #302038

But here's mah pointtttt:

Don't you guys think orientation wise, something like this would trump something like that? I get, people sometimes really want that whole image so it won't have to sacrifice being cropped, but honestly, rotating it just don't look right sometimes. It takes the RIGHT image to be rotated, not just any.

I just think that orientation wise, they would've looked way better cropped. There's a reason why we crop, so we won't have to resort to obvious rotations. Not saying these should be deleted, because whatever, it's already been done. Maybe replaced? But anywaysss, I just think moving on forward people should be more careful with that stuff.

This is the way it shouuuuld be done imhooo:

post #309108
post #267660
post #252283

Just sayinnnn 💅🏼💋
I think it's fine the way it is, I mean, if it's a position that the character is lying like the picture you showed, but I understand your point.
Well the thing that throws me off is that they are lying too straight. I can't explain it, but the moment I see it in the index, I just know it's a rotation. That shouldn't be a thing y'know. Like it shouldn't feel like that. Buuuuut that's just my opinion.

Me personally, I would either crop it or just leave it alone. But to each their own
The problem I think is the ratio and the loss of details, the ratio doesn't need to be 1.2x, but it is cut like this to be as close as possible to the original, using it as wallpaper would lose even more detail, compared to the image that was rotated it would be much less, and the second problem, it would lose the part that interests people the most, panties, nopan, private parts, etc, although not every image has, that's why I think it's fine the way it is, what I said can be subjective, let's wait for more opinions.
I think Ryu pointed it out pretty well.
The rotated images show the entire character, while the cropped images only show part of the character.

In my opinion rotation might not always look natural, but it’s still better than cropped.
>.<

Okieee. Whenever I browse other sites and run into pictures like those I always refuse to upload them in general because in my mind I'm like "someone might as well view them in the proper rotation there instead of a weird looking rotation here on konachan"

But I'm just picky. U win loooool. Or wait and see what emmy says.

I guess it's one of those things however where other ppl will upload odd looking rotations and I'll just deal with it while I upload things that... don't look odd in that sense :p
The most important thing is that you upload what you like.
That quote runs deep...

On a personal note, Konachan is so weird. I remember joining this site 5 years ago thinking "aww bouta post some cute princess peach pictures!" and turns out I upload thousands of pics and learn a lot about life XD. Which most of them I don't even care about that much. It's more like I care about this website more or less.

But yeah I'm getting off topic so we gon stop here
mattiasc02 said:
It's more like I care about this website more or less.
Same here.

mattiasc02 said:
That quote runs deep...
Really?
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I think Ryu pointed it out pretty well.
The rotated images show the entire character, while the cropped images only show part of the character.

In my opinion rotation might not always look natural, but it’s still better than cropped.
Agree, that's why I'm rotaing the images > cropped them.
And what do you expect that Emmy would say, Matti? She approve the roated images even replaced cropped ones with rotated ones.

I don't think you meaning it that way but I'm feeling a bit affected here.

btw post #309108 is for me an obvious rotation.
I've noticed we allow rotations now that I would have deleted on sight back when I was doing approvals.

I don't really agree with mattiasc02's ideas of what is or isn't unnatural. Though a number of those do feel unnatural due to things like one side of the image feeling closer.

And, I do think that post #309108 is by far the most unnatural of all the ones that were brought up for discussion.
Zolxys said:
And, I do think that post #309108 is by far the most unnatural of all the ones that were brought up for discussion.
BIRLLLLL 😂🤣😭 ^^

Sorry I’m just SOOOO bamboozled by the fact that u think that post #309108 is like the worst rotation out of ALL of them. Lmaoooooo I’m done. Goodbye 😂
1. If a girl (or whoever) is laying in a bed, or it's an image illustrated specifically for the sale of a dakimakura, the rotation 100% does not matter.

2. The full version will ALWAYS be better than the cropped version.

3. "Dutch angles" are our friend.

4. I hate hate hate crooked watermarks and signatures on rotated images. However, I am more focused on the content of the image. Anyone who uses this site with even the slightest of image alteration skills can remove most of those markings on their own if they intend to use an image for a wallpaper, so that point can also be considered moot.

5. That one IS the worst rotation, and I admit I probably approved it only half paying attention. I have removed it.
After checking the original source of post #309108, I can safely say that it is indeed a pic that looks horrible when rotated.
The water especially ruins it.
I actually texted my cousin and JustIvy (y’all remember her) and they all said that post #309108 actually looked more naturally than those other ones :) :)

Lol it’s ok idrc if that post was deleted tho. I’m just picky with that type of stuff. But yknow, if dakimakura ain’t against the rules, then so shouldn’t those other posts.
uhhh, what's wrong with kazenokaze????
mattiasc02 said:
uhhh, what's wrong with kazenokaze????
What are you actually talking about dude?
this

Seems like kazenokaze is a banned artist now, and I don’t understand why
They're not banned, I'm just tired of seeing their substandard art uploaded here. Instead of leaving the images for four days I deleted them.

Homie can literally only draw one face. Just because you're good at drawing bodies doesn't mean you should get a pass on faces.

There are middle-schoolers who can draw better anime faces than that.

Like Kikivi. Those faces never looked good either. But the art kept getting uploaded. Kazu-chan's art is shit and it kept getting uploaded. Etc.

If someone else wants to undelete them they can. I won't be mad. I just can't stand that one face.
Yeah, but that’s his style of drawing. His shadowing looks good, the colors he uses are nice and vivid, and proportions are right. And also, in the first page, his posts seem quite popular, so it’s not like people on the website dislike his art either.

And about the faces, it’s just his style of drawing. It’s his signature thing. Kind of like how, for example, kantoku has a very specific way of drawing eyes, the mouth, and certain things about a face, and making it the same throughout his/her characters, of course, kazenokaze, being an individual artistic, while also have such a style.

I truly thing his work does belong here, but… whatever.

Edit: and my PERSONAL personal opinion, his faces are NOT bad at all
People like ass and titties, Mattias.

Also, saying the face thing is his "style" is really, really sugar coating it. Having a recognizable art style is completely different to me than only having one face for every character. I'm not saying his art is BAD, it just strikes me as something that doesn't stack up to the rest of the stuff we have. Like I said, he does bodies and BGs with great skill.

As for his work being "popular" on Konachan, posts by Kazenokaze uploaded over a year or more ago on here tend to have less votes than something uploaded only a few days or a week ago.

post #270586 was uploaded nearly two whole years ago and it only has a score of 141. Meanwhile, you have safe images like post #309915, uploaded only nine hours ago, already with half as many points.
“Only a score of 141”

… that’s quite a lot Emmy. I mean it’s not a monstrous 200-300, but that really isn’t bad. You’ve got to be kidding me with that

And just… whatever. I have things I could say regarding this buuuut idk. I just do think he belongs here but clearly we have different opinions so ima just leave it.
Is pixel art allowed?, like this, this or this, rather, several images of this author, I'll use Waifu2x to meet the minimum requirements, and upload gradually.
I'm a freaking huge fan of pixel art, and I've uploaded some before. If the image itself is relevant to anime or animesque or reminiscent of an old school JRPG I see no issues with having pixel art on Kona.
Got it, I started to get interested recently while looking at some gifs on danbooru.
Yet no Kazenokaze T.T
Jesus Matt let that go already you will only feel worse if you're so stuck on something that matters little to your general health, So please stop nagging about that darn artist.
Looool you’re funny idc what happens this is so trivial. maybe this might make Emmy change her mind is my point ;)
Or maybe she'll just tell you to stop asking about it like i did,
You've been given an answer for your topic yet you keep pushing it won't end well trust me i've seen it beofre.