I tried a macaron for the first time yesterday. Some how, I correctly anticipated the exact texture it would have.

It was a little too sweet, but it was still really good.

You feel fancy when you eat a macaron.
omg you really do tho! My mom came back from france 2 days ago and gave me macarons!
I hate sweets.
Tensa said:
I hate sweets.
What about the natural sweetness that occurs in things like fruits and honey?
I’m craving buffalo wings been a while since I craved them

Anyways I also think if someone is going thru an unhealthy food addiction that involves sugar (omg hold up just as I type this two ppl next to me talk about sugar cookies) but anywyas yea like if u addicted to cake ice cream and all that shit u can just buy clementines instead and view fruits as ur new dessert
Wonder Bread makes honey hamburger buns now and they are the best buns I've ever tasted. Like holy shit.
I tried a pineapple Fanta today. It was terrible but also...kind of good?
Cinnamon Frosted Flakes are insane. You should all try them, if you can.
I recently discovered that the reason Funyuns, Tom's fries, and Andy Capp's fries taste so fucking good is because they're made with...

...MSG!
So, not only is your girl a banana bread maverick, but she has also mastered the art of LASAGNA!
I tried guacamole for the first time today. I liked it, and I kinda hated it.

Avocados are weird.
Two things about guacamole:
  • The Avocados must be ripe, but not oxidized. Haas are the best variety for guacamole.
  • Good guacamole is more than just avocados, getting the spices balanced is important.
    • my favorite recipe:
      • 1/4 cup finely minced onion
      • 3 ripe Haas avocados
      • 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
      • 1 large Plum or Roma tomato, deseeded and diced (1/2 cup)
      • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves, optional
      • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
      • 1/2 teaspoon salt
      • 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or Serrano pepper, optional
I lived in Arizona for many years and California for several more, so guacamole was a regular on the table.
Yeah, the kind I had wasn't homemade. It was that prepackaged Wholly Guacamole that comes with tiny, round tortilla chips.

I admittedly bought them because they were on sale for pretty cheap. But I had always wanted to try the stuff, so it seemed like a sign.

I was floored when I saw that such a small snack was 225 calories! XD
Does anyone know what squid tastes like?
otaku_emmy said:
Does anyone know what squid tastes like?
Probably like squid.

I never eat seafood.
There is just something about the taste.

Fish & chips isn't a problem though.
My sense of taste is rather weird.
Fish and seafood can make a woman smell bad so I tend to avoid it. Plus the good stuff is expensive and my family is perpetually stuck in a culinary rut.

Anyway, I was just wondering about fried squid.
Squid has a mild flavor - if it is fresh. The flavor of fried squid will be primarily that of the batter with which it is coated. I usually prepare it as an Pan Asian dish with bell peppers and black bean sauce, served with rice. It is very tasty that way.

Recipe
I watch a lot of Korean food videos and have noticed that fried squid in particular is a very popular street food (especially when eaten alongside tteokbokki).

I Googled it and it said squid has a slightly sweet taste and a very chewy mouthfeel, but it would make sense for it to have a heavy taste of the batter and fryer oil too.

Eh. I'd try it. It's probs not too bad.
Emmy, you might remember Howard Johnson Restaurants? They Used to serve a classic fast food of yore Fried Clams! Fried squid will taste similar, but with a slightly more chewy texture. When I was a kid, my family was not wealthy, so we seldom ate out and when we did, it usually was at Howard Johnson's......And I almost always ordered the fried clams (with frys ;)
Ey, we call those "clam strips". I've had 'em before and thought they were pretty decent. Good chew, a little sweet, not too fishy.

I feel like I've heard of that place too, but I don't recall any restaurants (maybe I'm too young?). A cursory Google search reveals that, in North Carolina, there are only two Howard Johnson's and they're both 2-star hotels by Wyndham. One in Greensboro (near the Coliseum) and one in Wilmington (coastal city).
Kiho said:
Recipe
Perfect timing for the recipe.
My sister talked about eating squid recently. Apparently they have tentacles at the supermarket.
(No. I’m not going to eat it.)
I've not eaten anything yet.
I'm procrastinating breakfast.
I've made some very good meatballs for THE BIG GAME. Sweet and spicy. Nice.
otaku_emmy said:
I've made some very good meatballs for THE BIG GAME. Sweet and spicy. Nice.
Googling "THE BIG GAME" only gave me results for a movie, so please enlighten me with the knowledge of the eagle country.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Googling "THE BIG GAME" only gave me results for a movie, so please enlighten me with the knowledge of the eagle country.
The Super Bowl happened today. I don't know enough about sports to explain it very well, but it's basically the biggest championship game for (American) football. It's the game that, if you're a pro footballer, you dream of winning.

The meatballs turned out very well, and the carrot sticks were amazing.
We have a nice delivery system here.
(As long as anything in your vicinity actually supports delivery.)
Here's the site for those who are curious: https://www.thuisbezorgd.nl/
I recommend to either use a translation extension, or to learn the language.
I made the most boss-ass banana nut bread (feat. chocolate chips) yesterday. I also made a chocolate creme pie.
It is, my fren. Like if cocaine was...banana bread.