I figured out how to cook fresh mushrooms in the microwave. I made some yesterday for burgers and, lemme tell ya, these things slapped ass. They tasted exactly like the ones our Chinese buffet has at dinner time.

The key was the addition of salt and some Sriracha seasoning.
I'm hungry but it's 02:44.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Bruh they got a fuckin' McRib copycat at Subway now.

Don't people know they can just go to the store and buy Banquet riblets in the freezer section and make that shit at home?
Yo, fuck Flamin Hot Doritos. them shits stale af

And also, fuck blueberry yogurt. Plain af. Strawberry yogurt all the way biiiiitch
I've been trying to make a good cake for months, every time I finish it "deflated" or doesn't grow no matter what I do, I have changed the recipe many times and I have even cooked in another oven but the same thing always happens to me, it has become very frustrating
You didn't mention whether or not you tried a different yeast.

*Edit: And are you giving the yeast enough time to work?
In all attempts I used self rising flour even combined it with baking powder because the same thing always happens to me, about the time I never tried it, I only read that maybe I'm beating very little or that I'm using the ingredients wrongly but at this point I don't know what is happening
Nepcoheart said:
I have changed the recipe many times
Meaning you modified the recipe yourself? If a recipe isn't working for you, rather than making blind guesses about what's wrong, I'd just look up a different recipe. Find a recipe that works well, then start changing things if you want a different taste.
If it's a soufflé type cake then those can deflate very easily. Jostling, opening the oven too soon, or even being at the wrong altitude can upset it's delicate nature. Some even joke that being too loud in the same room can ruin a soufflé.
Zolxys said:
Meaning you modified the recipe yourself? If a recipe isn't working for you, rather than making blind guesses about what's wrong, I'd just look up a different recipe. Find a recipe that works well, then start changing things if you want a different taste.
I started to modify them after about... 7 unsuccessful attempts more or less, I think I should look for a professional recipe because the ones I have used so far are random and homemade

otaku_emmy said:
If it's a soufflé type cake then those can deflate very easily. Jostling, opening the oven too soon, or even being at the wrong altitude can upset it's delicate nature. Some even joke that being too loud in the same room can ruin a soufflé.
yeap that happened to me in the first attempts, but now I wait several minutes even after turning off the oven but I still have problems

And those jokes reminded me of some cartoon hahaha, I think I remember that in some they made loud noises and deflated the cake
I tried egg drop soup for the first time today. It was...pretty much what I expected it to taste like. But the consistency is much more viscous than I had anticipated.

Basically, if you like how eggs taste and how lightly salty chicken stock/soup tastes, you'll probably like egg drop soup. You just gotta get past the snotty-ness.

6/10
I had some Herdez Guacamole Salsa today. It was way, way fucking spicier than I had anticipated. It also didn't taste much like actual guacamole, and the consistency is much thinner. It was delicious though. But not great for the tumtums.

8/10
After years of wanting to try panettone I finally got the chance when I happened upon some mini ones (from the same brand) available for purchase for a dollar.

It's not good, guys. The cake itself is fine, very eggy which I'm okay with and with a nice chew, but those fruits ruined it. They tasted like they'd been soaked in or injected with some overly spiced rum or something. The texture of the fruit was also a bit too...plump and chewy for me? I'm used to dried fruit being, well, drier and more coarse but these were almost wet and squishy. It was an unpleasant sensation.

I'll try the chocolate chip one next time, but I can safely say that the "original" panetonne is a no for me.

3/10
OMG COINCIDENCE!! (I literally screamed when I read that and my dad was like ‘omg wth happened’?)

My mom made panettone yesterday. She put chocolate chips. It was *makes orgasm sounds* SO GOOOOOOOD 😍😍 (and yes I’m being weird today and no I’m not apologizing).

She’s making more, and again it will be the chocolate chip. It’s SOOOO GOOD. SO much better than store bought for SURE
I've got a coupon for Nestlé chocolate chips. I'm going to use it to make a chocolate chocolate chip pound cake for Christmas.

We made applesauce cake and had a frozen pecan pie for Thanksgiving, and I didn't really partake of or enjoy either of them so I think I'm due a nice home baked something.

We're gonna make a ham, tater salad, crock pot mac 'n cheese, and some veg'bles for Christmas dinner. Probably some brown 'n serve rolls too.
One of my favorite local restaurants has officially stopped serving one of my favorite menu items: cavatini. Now I no longer have a means of enjoying a decent baked pasta dish.

This is truly a dark day.
That has happened to me a number of times. Normally they'll just drop it off the menu, but once they just rewrote the recipe entirely, taking away what made it great...

Edit: And then once they just closed down the only branch within hours of where I lived...
This same place has also been curiously out of roast beef the past few times we've ordered anything containing said meat, so I'm not sure if they keep running out or if they just don't offer it anymore? Which'd be weird since they sell a few roast beef based subs and a roast beef wrap.

The alternative they offered was a dreadful quality "Ribeye steak" meat, which I know is just the slabs they use to make cheap cheesesteaks out of. (Ironically, they'd always use the roast beef on their cheesesteaks.)

Ah well. They still make the best pizza around here, good cheesy bread ("garlic fingers"), and an amazing Italian wrap. It's pretty much the main place people get wings too. Oh, and big salads.
I tried real Japanese mayo for the first time today. I hate to admit it, but it's better than US mayo. Ya'll need to try it before you die. It's delicious as fuck.
Pickles that haven't been refrigerated yet are DISGOOSTANG.
Tried some new pickles recently. I bought them from...Aldi. They're "German style". They got a weird little tang to 'em, but all in all they're pretty damn good. Probably the best pickles I've ever had. Salty, slightly sweet, and just the right amount of vinegar bite to them.

The main point of my post, however, is that I made strawberry cobbler today. We used locally grown strawberries, and it looks and smells good. I guess it needs to set a bit since it was still pretty jiggly. We got some vanilla ice'd cream and whipped topping to go with it too.

The local strawberries looked pretty good this year. We tried out two different farms not far from us. All they grow is strawberries. Gosh, they sure are beautiful too. You can't get that deep, bright jewel-red color from something you'd buy in a Walmart or wherever.
I'm happy to hear that Aldi's expansion into the US is successful. It's not the best store, but it's that one store that has cheap stuff and offers and basically everybody goes to buy there. Glad you like the pickles, we make them good.

I LOVE cobbler! Personally love it without the topping, but it's still soooo goood!
Yeah, Aldi (or Aldi's as I say) is fantastic. They've got such cheap stuff but it's great quality, and they have a lot of stuff you wouldn't find in other stores like imported snacks. It's a cool place.

Peach cobbler is my personal favorite, but strawberries are good too. The recipe called for the fruit to be sugared before being put in the batter so that'll make 'em extra sweet. Heat a heaping helping up in the microwave and slap some vanilla ice cream on that bad boy and you've got a good time.
Yo BuzzBallz are bad don't drink 'em.
Tried the "Asian" flavored veggie/vegan burger patties from Aldi's today. The flavor is on point and pairs nicely with lettuce, sweet onion, and sliced pineapple, but Jesus H. Christ are they mushy as hell. Def not as stable and firm as the Impossible patties BK uses, for instance.
Me again, bitches. Got some lackluster food reviews for no one to read:

The McDonald's Crispy Chicken Sandwich fucking sucks. The chicken itself is fine, but it still tastes too much like pickle juice (the brine, I'm guessing), and they don't put ANY mayo or sauce on the regular version. The brioche bun is the best part, imo.

The KFC Chicken Sandwich fucking slaps ass. The bun is excellent, the chicken breast is huge and seasoned well, the pickles are plentiful, and THEY USE LOTSA MAYO.

The Sweet Lightning Mt. Dew (available only at KFC) is one of the best Dews I've ever tasted. It's got that odd, artificial peach flavor with a hint of something citrusy. I liked it a lot.

The "mystery" Mt. Dew, Voodew (available for a limited time), was yummy too but it's just cherry limeade. Nothing to write home about.

Note: I don't usually drink Mt. Dew or ANY full calorie, caffeinated sodas but I like trying new flavors of Dew for some reason. Caffeine is evil and shitty.