The13th warrior generated many thoughtful statements. hardly a spoken word of dialog, in the film was wasted.

• Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold.
  • Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.
  • Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.
  • (Ahmed has killed a 'beast') It's all right, little brother... there are more!
  • Deception is the point! Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it since we arrived. Now he has to calculate what he can't see.
  • 'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. 'Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla... Where the brave... May live...forever.
Upton Sinclair: (Author of: "The Jungle")
"I aimed at the public's heart, and by accident I hit it in the stomach."
"The Jungle", written in 1906 was intended to promote workers rights, but instead resulted in creating the FDA and the "Meat Inspection Act".