Who can I ask for a Username Change?
I have dug through the forums for help, but all of them are years old. The most recent one suggests asking a mod or admin, but I'm not sure who would be best to ask. If a mod or admin reads this, I'd like to change my username to FlyingSlayer simply because I no longer associate with this current username when I first made it several years ago. I can dm more details if necessary.
Thanks in advance,
FlyingSlayer
We're not allowed to change our names.

I'm a mod, and I couldn't even manage it.

P.S. But I will allow you to make a new account if you promise to no longer use the old one.
Oh... Well that wouldn't be ideal, as the goal is disassociating my current username from everything it used to be. So if I created a new account, that old one will still have the username, and I don't really want that. But it's alright, it's not that big of an issue, thanks for your help though!
FlyingSlayer

PS: you think someone with admin might be able to thou? Not mod.
We could also ask slayerduck to remove your old account.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
We could also ask slayerduck to remove your old account.
If that's possible, it might work as it's only a matter of transferring my favorites, which I can do on a weekend. The only question now is if slayerduck will do it.
FlyingSlayer
There have been instances of users having their username changed in the past, but because it involves server/database edits, it's entirely in the hands of the admins alaron and slayerduck. You'll have to convince them that it's worthwhile for them to do in your case; I recommend you start by messaging alaron, as he checks the site more often and is generally the person who handles bureaucratic issues like this, even though it would be slayerduck who would perform the server edits in the end. (You can find a link to send them a private message at the bottom of their profile pages.)

I'm unsure of the precise procedure, but it might be just as easy to have them rename your account as it would be for them to delete it. (Deletions on request are also fairly rare here.) You could always ask for "either or, whichever would be easier/more acceptable". I suggest you specifically request an extra layer of confirmation before the changes are made, or otherwise you might lose your favorites list if your account is suddenly deleted. (Originally I suggested for you to create some sort of backup of your favorites list ahead of time, just in case, but considering that you have 1100+ that's somewhat cumbersome to do if it would be unnecessary...)
Damn. It'd be something if he could get his changed but not me. 😞
That would be rather awkward...
If he gets it changed, i think we can make a thread for switching usernames. It wouldn't be fair to make such an exception.

Btw, emmy,
What do/did you want to change your username to?
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Btw, emmy,
What do/did you want to change your username to?
Literally anything else. I probably would've gone with what I used for YouTube, which is "Just Emily".
otaku_emmy said:
Literally anything else. I probably would've gone with what I used for YouTube, which is "Just Emily".
If you would be able to change it, could i still call you emmy?
Mr.peanutbutter said:
If you would be able to change it, could i still call you emmy?
Of course. I don't mind it. It's kinda sweet, after all.
Just Emily said:
Of course. I don't mind it. It's kinda sweet, after all.
Yay!

Even though your username is still otaku_emmy, the quote says otherwise. :)

To be honest, it would be very weird for me to call you emily after knowing you as emmy for such a long time.