Just something fun since we are on the topic.

Here is how forum looks like using lynx on my 16 color terminal.
I have a tendency to use it on certain occasions (only text based) giving the state in which the web now is. Bloated garbage.

Also, as you can tell I am pretty new to all this imageboard stuff. Two month ago I had no idea pixiv.net or any other sites existed. And it makes me wonder in particular how terrible pixiv.net is. I don't have any explanation as to why artists use that as their platform, their front end and ux just looks cringe. And that's only scratching the surface but I could go much deeper. Perhaps they find some benefits or just a herd effect.

So I just figured out how to curl a json request to their public api and download based on timestamps and tags, I can view and filter images locally how I want (quite boring).
I would just wish that people built their software more long lasting and thought out. I use a lot of unix programs from 1980* and they still work perfectly, they never age. Could I guarantee that my download script for pixiv works 10 years from now? Tough question. So my general mood is being disappointed all the time.

I am being nostalgic or is it true that old things are generally better than what comes out next day? I tend to see this everywhere even beyond software field. It is like a lot of depth of thought has been put on, and it was able to withstand the flow of time.

Coming back to
otaku_emmy said:
Maybe it's a Chrome thing? It did start doing it after an update.
Was it really necessary for them to make that change? Is there even slight reason to change things that already work just to cause potential problems in the future? I'd always say - keep defaults permanent. There is no reason to change that unless user wants to do it himself. It's not like refactoring code for performance requires visual change.

Last thing, W3C has grew to be something rediculos that no person will have enough time to ever read but it keeps growing. Sigh :/