You've got the definition precisely correct. A measure of change. So the reason I brought time here is because universe simulation theory and theory of general relativity go hand in hand and cross over to explain some things. I'll be short on this. Scientists say that the universe is expanding and relativity tells us that the speed of light is the fastest you can ever get. Also relativity tells us that at the speed of light time speeds up from the traveler's perspective and slows down from observer's. So because universe is expanding, consequently time is slowing down from ours perspective. This ties back to the simulation theory because it seems like universe has a limited processing power, and since it is expanding requiring more resources, therefore, time is slowing down. Laws of physics are basically bounds of the program. So I think at some point the universe will reach expansion limit when the time start to flow in a different direction. That will happen when expansion rate will exceed the speed of light (which is possible not in respect to local reference frame). If that were a program, it is called an integer overflow. Also people thought of time as being circular or linear, but more educated description would be a spiral, since just like Fibonacci sequence it has the cycle, expansion/shrink, and linear properties. I hope that made any sense, keep in mind I am not being overly scientific here, but there are many details I did not mention. cool gif
So you can say that we live in simulation already :)