otaku_emmy said:
I wouldn't donate to charity if I had loads of money either. I would give cash to people directly.
How? Hand $1000 to every person you meet on the street? Send $3 to every U.S. citizen? Shop at your local family owed stores and demand they accept 1000 times the asking price for the sale?

If you're going to put money back in circulation, the best way is by buying goods and services. But if you have millions to spend, you'll need to buy some high priced goods and services. And it's fine that way. If they aren't extremely overpriced, most of that money will go toward the materials. You'll be supporting many businesses and jobs.

PrimalAgony said:
Someone wasting money on something that is actually useless instead of considering what could be more useful first it's always like ''i will buy this shit to showoff to people to show how little money they have and make homeless people despise us more''
You have a very negative outlook on things...

First of all, it wasn't a waste. You should try studying economics. What would have been a waste would be to do nothing with the money.

Second, you speak as if he can no longer buy something useful because he spent the money on this. I'm sure that anyone that would buy something like this is spending money on far more things. You just don't hear about the rest because it wouldn't make the headlines. To even go this far to spend his money is a good thing.

And, would you have a problem with it if he just spent the money on the gold and diamonds? That is, not making anything out of them. Just storing them away for safe keeping. If so, why? Have you even thought about where that money will go and how it will help people?