Planes, Trains and Automobiles
I've recently-ish, later 2019 and since then have truly gotten a bit into the car scene. I'm by no means an expert at this point, and I likely couldn't pop the hood on any vehicle and tell you what's what, where it is, if it's working fine and diagnose and problems it has or how to fix them. I've got, SO much to learn, and it all started with my first car which happens to be a 2009 Dodge Charger SXT. At the time, I just needed a car, and after looking at many car lots, this body style stuck out to me. Not-so-long story short, I made it mine.

I bring this up, because since then? I've really opened my third eye to muscle cars, specifically Charger/Challengers. The next realistic goal is a Challenger RT, straight pipe exhaust, staggered 20" rims, a CAI and a tuner of some kind. The dream car is the Challenger Hellcat/RedEye. Too much power in a fat car, but damn if I don't love everything about it's over the top workings and that fat stance (widebodies specifically).

With just a V6, the only thing I've done is true dual exhaust (with cats, required in my state), replace stock 17" rims with 18" black police steelies, and have swapped regular oil to Royal Purple full synthetic.

The point of all this? Who are the car people here? What do you drive? Daily and for fun? What have you done to your ride, what do you want to do? What car would you LOVE to have? Cars, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, domestic or exotic, I wanna see what people here like and what sorts of mods people are into.
My first car is a Chevrolet Celta (this version but with 4 doors), I got it from my dad about a month ago, it's second-hand car, I like cars but I'm not an expert either, I still don't have so much technical knowledge, some information about it, it's a simple car, it has a 4-cylinder engine, FWD, stock 13" rims, manual, this car for now I have no interest in modifying, I'll just put a GPS device, maybe 17" rims in the future and change the suspension.

I like SUV's and JDM, a car I would like to have is a Skyline R34 and a Mazda RX7 with its rotary engine (wankel engine), these I would like to modify the engine, suspension, body kit and wheels etc, but I live in a shitty country and all of that would be very difficult and expensive to do it, it would be a lot of bureaucracy, probably not even authorized by the state agency, I'm also interested in cars meeting and drifting.

TRIVIA

Last year I tried to get a driver's license, but I didn’t do well in clutch control, where I live has a lot of uphill and downhill, so you have to do the clutch control on both, it cannot be too far from the curb, that's my problem, the notion of space inside the car, I found the exam a little unfair but I'll try again.

I plan to use it for work and have fun going to some places, like the mountains that surround here.

I'm interested in airplanes, in specific fighters, one day I would want to fly on, I just wanted to, because it will never happen, I don't even know if I can resist the g-force.

Trains I don't know much about or have much interest, but this train (Santa Fe 3751) is the coolest train I've ever seen, it's a monster.
I drove a Honda fit into the ground at 243k miles and I'm now driving a Honda Civic SI. Getting anything fancier would be expensive enough to interrupt my retirement plans and I hope to run this car until autonomous vehicles make owning a car obsolete.
Have to scrap my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The engine has to be completely replaced and it'd be worth more than she is. God that was a sexy bitch. It was lifted and spray painted army green, redneck as fuck.
Updates on rims, I think I've decided on these, which are replica rims from the Dodge Demon. Another, top end/tier car that I'll never even be able to dream owning, but can come close in the wheel department. One step closer to, something.
Um... I saw a fucking cherry Maserati Quattroporte with the GranLusso trim today in the Walmart Neighborhood Market parking lot. It was gorgeous.
I learned to ride a motorcycle yesterday, it was a rally bike, I rode for hours and went to a waterfall, it was not a complicated route, as it had rained there were lots of mud puddles, I fell 2 times, 1st in a little jump, 2nd in a muddy puddle, but then I didn't fall anymore, I still have a lot to learn, it was really fun.
Wow, this thread was made several months ago and I didn't know about it. Time to post here.

Been into cars since Gran Turismo 2 ('99), so my favorites are the Supra, Skyline, Impreza, Lancer Evo and RX-7 FD. Driving a JDM car has always been my dream and I plan to make a reality in the near future. Drifting also looks interesting, but also difficult. I guess my taste is a little similar to RyuZU's.

Got my driver's license 10 years ago, but never bought a car myself. It's because it is too expensive if you're still a student. Usually I drive my father's car which is a '99 Opel Astra (or Vauxhall for those living in the UK). My driving style in games is aggressive and exactly the opposite IRL (too slow everywhere). It's actually pretty funny that people get mad in traffic, because I drive too slow. Not sure if anyone can relate(?)

Back in the NFSU2 days (2004) my dream car was a heavily modded bright green Nissan 240SX. Then I found out about ricers and decided to not ruin my car with over-the-top mods.

Besides the usual street and sports cars I have an interest in a large range of race cars, mainly because of GT and Forza influences. The '91 Mazda 787b and '87 Sauber C9 are really cool imo (sounds included). Group B rally cars like the Audi Quattro S1 and Lancia Delta S4 are legendary too.

Recently I took a liking to the McLaren 720S, 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish and Ferrari 488 GTB. These are all just dream cars. In reality, I will probably end up with a Nissan Leaf or Toyota Auris, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
Wiresetc said:
Been into cars since Gran Turismo 2 ('99), so my favorites are the Supra, Skyline, Impreza, Lancer Evo and RX-7 FD. Driving a JDM car has always been my dream and I plan to make a reality in the near future. Drifting also looks interesting, but also difficult. I guess my taste is a little similar to RyuZU's.
I see you're a man of culture as well

Got my driver's license 10 years ago, but never bought a car myself. It's because it is too expensive if you're still a student. Usually I drive my father's car which is a '99 Opel Astra (or Vauxhall for those living in the UK). My driving style in games is aggressive and exactly the opposite IRL (too slow everywhere). It's actually pretty funny that people get mad in traffic, because I drive too slow. Not sure if anyone can relate(?)
Next year I'll try again, here is very bureaucratic, it will take up to 3 months or more, here it is also very expensive, including simple cars being a student or not, I aggressive in games too, I want to see when I get my driver's license, but when I trained neither fast nor slow, normal I would say, I follow the allowed speed.

Back in the NFSU2 days (2004) my dream car was a heavily modded bright green Nissan 240SX. Then I found out about ricers and decided to not ruin my car with over-the-top mods.
Mine was the blue Skyline from the tutorials, Nissan 240SX was a very good car, it was easy to control, I used to play with him from the beginning until I released the skyline.

Besides the usual street and sports cars I have an interest in a large range of race cars, mainly because of GT and Forza influences. The '91 Mazda 787b and '87 Sauber C9 are really cool imo (sounds included). Group B rally cars like the Audi Quattro S1 and Lancia Delta S4 are legendary too.
It's not my type of car but they are cool, especially '91 Mazda 787b and '87 Sauber C9.

Recently I took a liking to the McLaren 720S, 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish and Ferrari 488 GTB. These are all just dream cars. In reality, I will probably end up with a Nissan Leaf or Toyota Auris, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
I recently started to be interested in the Range Rover Evoque, black with black wheels like this one, and yeah xD.

A very good video about cars, Wekfest Japan 2019
RyuZU said:
Next year I'll try again, here is very bureaucratic, it will take up to 3 months or more, here it is also very expensive, including simple cars being a student or not, I aggressive in games too, I want to see when I get my driver's license, but when I trained neither fast nor slow, normal I would say, I follow the allowed speed.
Hope you can get your license next time. Good luck!

Mine was the blue Skyline from the tutorials, Nissan 240SX was a very good car, it was easy to control, I used to play with him from the beginning until I released the skyline.
That's such a good car as well. I love the blue Skyline. iirc the original R34 color is called Bayside Blue. It would be nice to have that. A few weeks ago, I tried an Assetto Corsa mod called Shutoko Revival Project. It is surprisingly accurate from the actual highway and I recommend you check out the mod if you have the game. Lots of JDM cars there too.

I recently started to be interested in the Range Rover Evoque, black with black wheels like this one, and yeah xD.
Nice! The black on black fits really well. You might like other cars in the Sports Utility Heroes category in Forza. The Lambo Urus looks pretty good imo.

A very good video about cars, Wekfest Japan 2019
Lol, I watched this a few days ago. It might have been recommended to us both around the same time >_<
On Youtube, the user Crowned uploads (in-game) car related videos. Along with bass music (not sure if it is your taste or not).
Wiresetc said:
Hope you can get your license next time. Good luck!
Thanks

A few weeks ago, I tried an Assetto Corsa mod called Shutoko Revival Project. It is surprisingly accurate from the actual highway and I recommend you check out the mod if you have the game. Lots of JDM cars there too.
It's an impressive mod, it reminded me of Wangan Midnight, I don't have the game yet, I'm looking to buy Persona 4, maybe I'll buy it together, I'll see if my PC can handle it, this mod encouraged me to buy and the game is on sale.

Nice! The black on black fits really well. You might like other cars in the Sports Utility Heroes category in Forza. The Lambo Urus looks pretty good imo.
I liked them, I wish my PC could handle Forza, it looks really fun, sometimes youtube recommends Forza drift videos, I have a Steering Wheel but I don't remember if I have Shifter, is in a little room without using for years.

On Youtube, the user Crowned uploads (in-game) car related videos. Along with bass music (not sure if it is your taste or not).
Thanks for the recommendation
RIP my first car, I'll sell it, by the end of the year I must buy another one
Is it true that most cars in the US are automatic? and most people don't know how to drive a manual car?
I feel like that's true. I definitely think younger drivers (Gen Y and Gen Z) aren't being taught to drive stick like the old days.
That is actually true. Not so much in Europe though, it's quite the opposite I believe. Most cars here use a gear shift stick (the one where you play tetris/snake game).

I guess it's a matter of convenience? It's also a design change on the gear box.
Yeah it's true. I'm the only one of my friends who drives a manual and none of them even know how to move my car.
Uuuu, vehicle thread. I wish to post here also. My first car is given to me by my parents on the end of school graduation: Fiat Siena 1.6. You may laugh but i love this car. It's now 24 years old, got 1 crash with excavator (excavator didn't make it (^_^;) ) and a hell of welding reapirs. Enyone would scrap it but i have so many good memories with it i will keep fighting the rust XD.

Now after my Dad passed away i had a lot of ugly thoughts and decided a live is to short so I decided to make at least 1 dream come true and in hope to have something to ocupide my mind. Soooo.... I bought a run down Pontiac Firebird in order to restore it as a KITT or rather arx-7 from Full Metal Panic (he said he wanted to be instaled in a car ;) https://v11.mkklcdnv6tempv4.com/img/tab_11/00/46/11/ul955968/vol_19_chapter_90_always_stand_by_me_end/25-o.jpg ).

I learned a lot about car mechanics when building this one. Hope i will finish it to be able to pass technical review this year and finaly drove it. I build it for 6 years and I ride it only like 2 km ;(.
Here is actual photo if anyone is intrested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Q_cr2KvbczNa125N8CBcvNZmUbjWXEB/view?usp=sharing

BTW automatic is realy crapy i think. I put one inside mine but I already have a mixed thoughts about it. Realy delicate piece of machinery and costly to repair. But i will tell you after i actually drive it.