An random user posted non Anime related art. So I make it disappear from the front page. Is this okay when I'm doing it?
BattlequeenYume said:
An random user posted non Anime related art. So I make it disappear from the front page. Is this okay when I'm doing it?
Probably.
Replacing the uncensored images now always the censored ones?
BattlequeenYume said:
Replacing the uncensored images now always the censored ones?
Only if it's higher res.

I was wondering if someone would bring it up. To me...and if we're a site that prefers higher res images, it makes more sense to get rid of the smaller, older image. The fact that it's uncensored is kind of an afterthought, really.
I would choose to keep both, the uncensored and the higher censored resolution as some members will prefer resolution and others uncensored. They are fundamentally different.
But then that's basically saying we should keep all smaller res images for the same reason, and we've never done that.

Edit: I think maybe you got confused (or maybe I am)? She's talking about how I deleted a censored image and replaced it with a higher res uncensored image. That was from the artist and not a third-party edit.

Edit 2: And now that I think about it Yume's question is worded in a way that's difficult for me to understand too (which I don't fault her for)...

Edit 3: Oh, okay. Are we talking about the Hikari post? Yeah, that was lower res and censored. I replaced it simply because it was lower res. The fact that it was censored didn't have anything to do with it. If there were two posts with the same resolution but one was censored and the other not then of course we'd keep both.
otaku_emmy said:
Edit 2: And now that I think about it Yume's question is worded in a way that's difficult for me to understand too (which I don't fault her for)...

Edit 3: Oh, okay. Are we talking about the Hikari post? Yeah, that was lower res and censored. I replaced it simply because it was lower res. The fact that it was censored didn't have anything to do with it. If there were two posts with the same resolution but one was censored and the other not then of course we'd keep both.
Sorry, I didn't know how to make the sentence.. so it comes up weird.
And yeah, was talking about the Hikari post bc we kept censored ones from the artist before too even when the res of the censored image was lower.
I would personally delete those too, in that case. But I can't exactly seek them out for review with much ease...

It makes little sense to keep them seeing as how people prefer uncensored things and we have the policy of deleting smaller images anyways (unlike, say, Danbooru who keeps every version of an image).

Size is the key factor here though, like I said.
Post #304963

The propotions weren't so bad...
IMO her left leg is massive compared to the trunk of her body, and it even looks bigger than the opposite thigh. It's also a bit too long.

Like, she's literally sitting higher than she should be because her thighs don't match her body.

I like thick characters but the design should be uniform. Don't just draw huge legs on the body of someone who looks 14.
Post #305373

Please undelete and replace it with post #305372. The other version is bigger, but cut a bit of the bottom bc it's zoomed in.

Edit: Thank you, Em
Post #305706 was not upscaled. The link to pixiv provides 2 image versions, I uploaded the 2nd one and it happened to be higher resolution. Fractal rendered with different settings I suppose.
kyxor said:
Post #305706 was not upscaled. The link to pixiv provides 2 image versions, I uploaded the 2nd one and it happened to be higher resolution.
He's talking about the shitty quality BG, not the image as a whole.
post #305879

Kyaru looked to loli-ish I guess? Or is it just the perspective? I dunno.

Edit: can a mod change the deletion reason for post #305908 change to "unnecessary variation"? Copypasted the wrong word.
I have hide post #307709

Loli or not in the middle? There are some other posts with her and compare to the other girls Kaede is drawing, she looks way younger. Need a mod decision please.
Not loli. Just more modest in the bust. Putting arms above the head will also change the shape and apparent size of the breasts as well. It's a very good detail on the artist's part, imo.
Okay good. It was really hard to tell. :)
On some of the images she really looks loli-ish and on others don't. This one was difficult.
I put it in the wrong thread

upscaled?, I didn't see anything that indicates it.
Trust me I believe it's an upscale now that I see it. Like, not even the waifu2x kind, but the jaggedy pixely oldschool upscales lmao.
Did you checked using the browser zoom or did you use the windows editor etc?, by the browser zoom in fact it seems to be, but looking closely with the windows editor it doesn't seem imo
RyuZU said:
upscaled?, I didn't see anything that indicates it.
All that stuff you tagged as "aliasing"? That's from being upscaled.

Artists will sometimes draw things in a smaller resolution and then "blow it up" for publishing.

Resizing it to 2600x1950 makes it normal again. It's likely that it was initially drawn in a resolution closer to that and then enlarged.
For example the face, I marked with red the parts that I think indicate that it was not, just here that I think is suspicious, it would take time to explain everything, but the things that I think is an indication that it was not, how the line ends, space between them, line thickness, don't have that effect, and various other things, but in the end it's 2x1, that's fine.

I still throw this computer on the floor and kick it all day, just minutes ago

> tried to use waifu2x , freezed the pc, so I closed the program
> while in photoshop, pc freezed
> upload image to imgur but it does not load

I think it's because of the lack of space.
this is how it looks like in my monitor. It... *sigh* listen, I reeeaally hate to break it to you, but it is pretty aliasy. :( :(

You have a hectic situation :( pobrecito

With my new bidazzle computer, it can't be helped that Mattias simply does it besssst...
I'll wait for the Zolxys's opinion and then I give up, but I'm not disqualifying emmy or your opinion.
mattiasc02 said:
With my new bidazzle computer, it can't be helped that Mattias simply does it besssst...
...How did you upload this twice? Why did you? I approved the first one then you removed all the tags and uploaded another. NVM.

Anyway, yeah. That's 100% been blown up. Because it looks way, way worse on my screen. Here, lemme show you the screen cap: my view.

It looks just as bad in Paint too.

Edit: Actually I don't get your points at all because everything is literally jagged as hell aside from the water droplets on her body that they easily could've added on top after the image was drawn and enlarged.
I said editor, the correct was a viewer, with zoom in my.
otaku_emmy said:
...How did you upload this twice? Why did you? I approved the first one then you removed all the tags and uploaded another. NVM.
You didn't look at the comment section em >.< It was what I considered my FINAL final version (retouched water running down woman's cheek, retouched neck)

It was a supergirl version of my first edit.
mattiasc02 said:
You didn't look at the comment section em >.< It was what I considered my FINAL final version (retouched water running down woman's cheek, retouched neck)

It was a supergirl version of my first edit.
I'm not going to make a habit of letting you do that.

And I did check.
otaku_emmy said:
I'm not going to make a habit of letting you do that.

And I did check.
*sigh* you do keep me in check, big boss ems :)