Just bad luck, or is a lousy disease!
Do you suffer from the bad luck disease, please share your experinces here.

A few years ago my Dad passed away, but throughout my entire life, I could never understand his amazing ability to be lucky. Have you ever tried to find a parking space in your local shopping center on Christmas Eve? Hard yes!, not my dad, not more than 30 seconds after entering, just like magic... poof, there was a vacant space or someone just about to leave, and this wasn't during holiday seasons, every damn time he found a space, Friday nights, Saturday mornings, he never failed. Not me though, I'm fortunate if I find a space within 3 miles walking distance any time night or day

The reason I'm posting this was prompted by my latest bout of incredible bad luck which occurred less half an hour ago. I was busy at my PC doing stuff and enjoying a can of nice ale, when out of the top corner of my eye I spied a damn filthy cockroach crawling across the ceiling. Thinking quick I rushed to retrieve my trusty can of insect spray and got the bastard right between the eyes. In it's throes of death he fell from the ceiling onto what I thought was my PC desk but after that I lost track of him. So I went about my PC stuff and was about to drink another refreshing gulp of ale, when I heisted, this missing dying cockroach was still on my mind, maybe even crawling up my leg, so I removed my trousers and shook them down, but to no avail, this horrible pest was still missing in action .. then the unthinkable happened ... 'NO WAY' I thought to myself it couldn't be.

The fact was I had realized it was remotely possible (but highly likely) that my bad luck disease had just kicked in ... big time.

Consider this: compare the relatively large dimensions of a PC desk to the infinitesimally small dimensions of the opening space of a pop can of beer, and further consider the chances of one bug, approximately the same size of said opening, falling inside the can of beer!

Trusting my bad luck instincts, I reluctantly poured my can of ale down kitchen sink, and low and behold, there it was, the nasty home in invader, probably tripping on the effects of insect repel-ant and ten times more drunk than I could ever wish to be.

God help me :) LOL
You're pushing your luck on this forum.
Cade said:
Why, for sharing an amusing anecdote?

I didn't come here to make enemies, just tried to fit in and make some new fellow, anime loving friends, but it's clear that isn't likely to happen. I've received not one welcoming greeting, just outright negativity.

There is no topic for new members to introduce themselves, and be welcomed by existing members ... rare for forums like these. Why?

On the other hand, since arriving I've been told my art was sub-par (ouch!) and that one of my posts featured explicit loli ... in spite of the fact it's clear that Konachan has lots of questionable stuff, eg ...

https://konachan.com/post/show/263196/animal_ears-anthropomorphism-ass-barefoot-blonde_h

Cade ... If you didn't like my funny story, feel free to delete this topic.. just don't make such a dramatic and threatening big deal about it!

... and while you're at it, please DELETE my account, or permanently ban me, either way I don't care. I don't feel welcome here and do NOT wish to stay. I sincerely promise never to bother you again.

I will continue to follow Konachan, only as not a member. I wish you all the best for the future and hopefully my quote of the day topic (my only legacy) will continue as a way by which members may inspire one another.

Cheers
eclimial said:
There is no topic for new members to introduce themselves, and be welcomed by existing members ... rare for forums like these. Why?
People usually did that in the "Friendly" forum. That was part of its use.

On the other hand, since arriving I've been told my art was sub-par (ouch!) and that one of my posts featured explicit loli ... in spite of the fact it's clear that Konachan has lots of questionable stuff, eg ...

https://konachan.com/post/show/263196/animal_ears-anthropomorphism-ass-barefoot-blonde_h
No, explicit loli isn't allowed. It never has been. Yes, we allow questionable loli. That's just how things are.

As for your art, 2/3 was explicit loli, one of which was the wrong aspect ratio, and the third featured a girl who basically had no neck. You can't just put a swath of flesh tone under a head and expect for it to pass as a neck.

I didn't say what I did about your art in order to insult you or discourage you from drawing more. I was just informing you that your art would not pass approval on Konachan.

Cade ... If you didn't like my funny story, feel free to delete this topic.. just don't make such a dramatic and threatening big deal about it!
He's not a mod. He can't do that.

... and while you're at it, please DELETE my account, or permanently ban me, either way I don't care. I don't feel welcome here and do NOT wish to stay. I sincerely promise never to bother you again.
You haven't really bothered anyone. And we can't delete your account anyway.

There's no reason to ban you. If we banned you, you couldn't really use Konachan much in the first place.
otaku_emmy said:
People usually did that in the "Friendly" forum. That was part of its use.
To be fair. Now that the original thread is gone there's no way for new people to actually know that.
Did anyone ever figure out that 20k post bug?
traz64 said:
To be fair. Now that the original thread is gone there's no way for new people to actually know that.
Twas demons, they tend to lurk around page 666. Actually I think minabi may have broken it by accident.
Oh yeah. I forgot it broke on that page.
traz64 said:
It's not a bug, it's a feature ^_~
eclimial said:
Once you read the Upload Guidelines and Image Quality Evaluation pages, you should understand what kind of a site we are and what we allow. This isn't a site like pixiv or deviantArt for artists to upload their art. Please just think of "Subpar art" as a simple way of saying, "You're not quite ready to work for a major Japanese animation studio, but you will get there if you don't give up".

Here are a couple recent posts that didn't make the cut: 265053, 265056. If you can draw a fair bit better than this, you can expect to see your art here (properly tagged with your name) even if you don't upload it here yourself.

eclimial said:
Cade said:
Why, for sharing an amusing anecdote?
----

... This one short sentence was all that Cade said? Nothing was deleted? ... Only one person seems to be being dramatic here and it isn't Cade.

Cade can be quite insulting at times, but that really doesn't seem to be the case this time. I simply took what he said to mean that he doesn't think this topic would get any use. And I would have to agree with that. Certainly, there were no on-topic posts here aside from the opening post.

At times, you will see posts befitting this topic in the "How was your day?" topic or the Friendly Topic, but nowhere near enough of them to support their own topic. And those two forum topics are well suited for those occasional stories.
Some days I feel I am cursed to always be wrong. Like people go out of their way to reframe everything that I say as either partially or completely incorrect. Pretty sure people in my life are just arrogant and unwilling to admit that I'm right about things, so I have gotten into the habit to list off statements describing all possibilities not just the one I myself see. Every time I do this I leave people speechless because they have nothing to retort against me without railing against their own beliefs.
^ this is what liberals actually believe
I could smell a response from Cade coming from a mile away.